The Passing Of Ken Norton

HUGGY

I Post Because I Care
Mar 24, 2009
Seattle at large...Ballard lately
No...this isn't a thread about boxing... or really about the passing of Ken Norton.

It is about the effect of Ken's passing on the Seattle Seahawks and thier football team's performance this weekend.

Ken's son Ken Junior is the linebacker coach for the Seattle Seahawks.

I have a feeling that out of respect for thier popular coach the team will play a little harder out of respect if that is possible.

Not good news for the Jags.

Former heavyweight champion Ken Norton dies at 70

Ken Norton was a great fighter in the golden age of Heavywights. He gave Ali everything he could handle in their fights. Sad to see him die so young

Ken Norton, the former heavyweight champion who broke Muhammad Ali's jaw on his way to a major upset in 1973, died Wednesday. He was 70.

Norton died in Arizona, where he had been living since suffering a stroke last year. He had been in failing health for a several years.

He was voted by Ring magazine as one of the top 25 heavyweights of all time (No. 22), and was inducted into the International Boxing Hall of Fame in 1992.

Last edited:
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9tnIF2nSqY"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9tnIF2nSqY[/ame]

I remember Kenny breaking Ali's jaw in their first bout. For me, it's about his passing.

RIP Ken.

Norton was a great fighter and a class act

He fought Ali three times winning once and losing twice. I thought he won the second fight too

He was almost killed by George Foreman and lost to Larry Holmes late in his career. I seem to remember he would not fight Joe Frazier because they were friends

yeah, that is so, Harry, isn't it?

I remember Kenny Norton as a boxer. That man threw a punch of stone. If he could hit his opponent, his opponent was hurt. Except when he tagged Foreman good (either at the end of the first round or before he got knocked into the ropes in the second), Joe simply ignored it and beat Kenny down. Fight over at 2:00 in the second round.

He fought Ali three times winning once and losing twice. I thought he won the second fight too

He was almost killed by George Foreman and lost to Larry Holmes late in his career. I seem to remember he would not fight Joe Frazier because they were friends

In my opinion Norton beat Ali all 3 times they fought, and he beat Holmes too.

He got robbed.

In the 39 rounds he fought with Ali, in my opinion Ali hardly won a round.

In my opinion Norton beat Ali all 3 times they fought, and he beat Holmes too.

He got robbed.

In the 39 rounds he fought with Ali, in my opinion Ali hardly won a round.

As I remember those fights, Ali was the typical Ali

Not the float like a butterfly Ali, but the Ali who clung, wrapped you up, draped himself over you
Ali would come to life in the last 30 seconds to try to steal the round

You guys are ALL off tpoic!

Just sayin. :lol:

This thread is about how the passing of Ken Norton affects the outcome of the NFL match between the Seahawks and the Jaguars. Please try and keep up!

This thread is about how the passing of Ken Norton affects the outcome of the NFL match between the Seahawks and the Jaguars. Please try and keep up!

The Jaguars?
Half the team could die and they would still beat the Jags

Ken Norton was a great fighter. Nobody gives a fuck about your beloved Hawks

The Jaguars?

At least I had the decency to mention his surviving son...:lol: All you guys care about are some old boxing matches.

CRIPES!!!! What about his survivors? ... And the Seahawks??

The Jaguars?

At least I had the decency to mention his surviving son...:lol: All you guys care about are some old boxing matches.

Unlike the Seahawks, Ken Norton gave his fans some great memories

The Jaguars?

Unlike the Seahawks, Ken Norton gave his fans some great memories

All the more reason to relish this season. Last year was the awakening of the "NEW" Seahawks with the developement of Russell Wilson and the Legion of BOOM starting with the amazing double drive last seconds win in Chicago ...the 150 point three game stretch near the end and the two remarkable comebacks in the playoffs.

True we have had some frustrating and dissappointing seasons. Holy Crap! We almost got the team stolen right out from under our feet by that snake Ken Berring. Then Paul Allen stepped in and he bought the team...Paid for half the new accoustically enhanced stadium out of his own pocket and hired Pete Carroll and GM John Schneider. We were obviously due. Carroll is as gutsy and smart a coach as any team could have and what's not to like about the forsight and player hunting skills of JS?

Ya nobody should care about the Seahawks except those of us up here that have gone to those practices 200 miles away in Cheney Wa and invested our money in tickets and gear and yelled our asses off for the team since 76.

This is our year buddy! It is truly a shame that Ken Norton will not be around to see his son help coach the 2013 Seahawks to one of the best NFL seasons ever.

Former heavyweight champion Ken Norton dies at 70

Ken Norton was a great fighter in the golden age of Heavywights. He gave Ali everything he could handle in their fights. Sad to see him die so young

Ken Norton, the former heavyweight champion who broke Muhammad Ali's jaw on his way to a major upset in 1973, died Wednesday. He was 70.

Norton died in Arizona, where he had been living since suffering a stroke last year. He had been in failing health for a several years.

He was voted by Ring magazine as one of the top 25 heavyweights of all time (No. 22), and was inducted into the International Boxing Hall of Fame in 1992.

He was one of the greats.

I loved it when he broke Ali's jaw.

I also loved his fight against Duane Bobick. I never saw a white man that scared in his life (with the possible exception of George Zimmerman).

Unfortunately, Norton had his own Bobick experience when he fought Gerry Cooney.

Him and Frazier are probably going at each other right now.

I loved it when he broke Ali's jaw.

I also loved his fight against Duane Bobick. I never saw a white man that scared in his life (with the possible exception of George Zimmerman).

Unfortunately, Norton had his own Bobick experience when he fought Gerry Cooney.

Him and Frazier are probably going at each other right now.

They never fought. I think they were friends

Forum List

Back