The party of small government strikes again

While I think participation trophies is a load of bullshit, the govt has no place dictating this shit.
Oh, and GG, there is NO party of small govt which has any power in this country.

If you don't win it all, it's just a participation trophy. The trophy doesn't matter, but the kids need to know they didn't accomplish their ultimate goal. That's the parents job.
Exactly. This is the parents opportunity to teach kids how America works. American loves winners, not losers.

I've already posted. And may post it again. But I just need to know, when I do, are you just to try and spin it, make excuses for it or just ignore it? Because those that are loyal to Trump, that's the normal reaction. And it get's old talking to walls?
Not once have I ever gotten this reaction. "Oh crap. I didn't know that about him. That totally changes my perception of Trump."

I've already posted. And may post it again. But I just need to know, when I do, are you just to try and spin it, make excuses for it or just ignore it? Because those that are loyal to Trump, that's the normal reaction. And it get's old talking to walls?
Not once have I ever gotten this reaction. "Oh crap. I didn't know that about him. That totally changes my perception of Trump."
Prove it

North Carolina lawmakers introduce bill to ban participation trophies for kids

North Carolina lawmakers introduced a bill to ban giving children participation trophies for youth sports activities.

The three Republican state representatives — Sens. Tim Moffitt, Eddie Settle, and Bobby Hanig — introduced the bill, called Eliminate Participation Trophies, to the state senate on March 30.

The bill says that any award given to children for youth recreation activities must be based on identified performance achievements.

"Youth sports or other youth recreation activities operated under the authority of a local government shall not include awards for participants based solely on their participation in the sport or other activity," according to the proposed one-page bill.

Now, whether you agree with participation trophies or not, I think we could all agree it is not something the government needs to be sticking its nose in to.
If something is harming society.. Gov't has its place. You're assuming Conservatives are anti-government, which is foolish.

We routinely advocate for less government, but also think it's necessary in some circumstances beyond protection.

Heroin was proven to have a horrible effect on the human body with a high addiction rate, creating people that were/are a drag to society. The government was correct to make it illegal.

Participation trophies certainly aren't heroin.. but if a state feels that such things are harming the development of children... it makes sense they might eliminate them. You cannot deny that younger generations are excessively entitled, and it's having a harmful affect on our country.

It's a pretty pathetic attempt at a "gotcha" here... not very compelling at all.

P R O V E. I T

Here's mine

This is a government fabrication. Some special wording, or some numbers they're skewing. Because in 2018 it wasn't even possible to export more than we were producing per day.
11,945,000 barrels of oil (average per day), the largest amount since Trump took office, came in December of 2018. Your article is dated 12/7/2018. We've been using over $15 million barrels of oil per day since the 90's.

View United States's Oil Consumption from 1965 to 2021 in the chart:​

ipc_united-states_oil-consumption

Even in 1965 we were using 11,512.436

Here the article for you to spin or ignore.

Trump plays key role in brokering historic oil deal

President Trump played a key role in the historic agreement between the world's largest oil producers that trim global production by nearly 10 percent, according to Energy Secretary Dan Brouillette.

Trump did not make any specific promises on behalf of U.S. production, according to Brouillette, who noted that Mexico agreed to cut output by 100,000 bpd in May and June and the “reduction of production within the United States will subsume whatever agreement the Mexicans would have been required to agree to under OPEC+.”

This is a government fabrication. Some special wording, or some numbers they're skewing. Because in 2018 it wasn't even possible to export more than we were producing per day.
11,945,000 barrels of oil (average per day), the largest amount since Trump took office, came in December of 2018. Your article is dated 12/7/2018. We've been using over $15 million barrels of oil per day since the 90's.

View United States's Oil Consumption from 1965 to 2021 in the chart:​

ipc_united-states_oil-consumption

Even in 1965 we were using 11,512.436

Here the article for you to spin or ignore.

Trump plays key role in brokering historic oil deal

President Trump played a key role in the historic agreement between the world's largest oil producers that trim global production by nearly 10 percent, according to Energy Secretary Dan Brouillette.

Trump did not make any specific promises on behalf of U.S. production, according to Brouillette, who noted that Mexico agreed to cut output by 100,000 bpd in May and June and the “reduction of production within the United States will subsume whatever agreement the Mexicans would have been required to agree to under OPEC+.”
LOL so wait you accused me of not accepting your bs but you then accuse me of posting government fabrication evidence?

Concession noted

If something is harming society.. Gov't has its place. You're assuming Conservatives are anti-government, which is foolish.

We routinely advocate for less government, but also think it's necessary in some circumstances beyond protection.

Heroin was proven to have a horrible effect on the human body with a high addiction rate, creating people that were/are a drag to society. The government was correct to make it illegal.

Participation trophies certainly aren't heroin.. but if a state feels that such things are harming the development of children... it makes sense they might eliminate them. You cannot deny that younger generations are excessively entitled, and it's having a harmful affect on our country.

It's a pretty pathetic attempt at a "gotcha" here... not very compelling at all.

As I said before, the good thing about these threads, they give the big government loving nanny state folks a chance to self identify.

There are a lot of harmful things out there, fast food, alcohol, caffeine, just to name a few.

When will your nanny state start outlawing them?

As I said before, the good thing about these threads, they give the big government loving nanny state folks a chance to self identify.

There are a lot of harmful things out there, fast food, alcohol, caffeine, just to name a few.

When will your nanny state start outlawing them?
The issue is to ascend above a 7th grade thinking level and address how harmful they are and in what ways. It’s odd that you’re incapable of that.

Again, this is a pathetic, uncompelling troll attempt here. I’m getting bored

The issue is to ascend above a 7th grade thinking level and address how harmful they are and in what ways.

There is no harm at all in giving a 6 year old an award at the end of the soccer season just for participating in the season.

Participation awards are not making our kids entitled, their parents are.

LOL so wait you accused me of not accepting your bs but you then accuse me of posting government fabrication evidence?

Concession noted

I posted the evidence. You replied to the comment that held the evidence. I knew you'd try to spin this.
We were using way more oil than we were producing. And yet, you still believe the fake news and lies that says we were energy independent.

There is no harm at all in giving a 6 year old an award at the end of the soccer season just for participating in the season.

Participation awards are not making our kids entitled, their parents are.

The awards themselves are inanimate objects. So you are correct. It's the parents themselves that fill these kids minds with retarded stuff like "You can be anything you want to be." That sounds awesome. But it's a lie. Boys can't be girls. Some kids don't have the mentality to grow up and become something like a doctor. Some aren't talented enough to be musicians.
My folks always told me to find something I was good at, that I enjoyed doing. And then find a way to make money from it.
When I was 17, my dad tried to talk me into going into the Navy. But I wasn't interested in that at all. And would've made a horrible soldier.

I posted the evidence. You replied to the comment that held the evidence. I knew you'd try to spin this.
We were using way more oil than we were producing. And yet, you still believe the fake news and lies that says we were energy independent.
You literally spun the evidence I posted first moron LOL do you have any self awareness?

Forum List

Back