The Paranoid Style in American Politics. *wink

Procrustes Stretched

And you say, "Oh my God, am I here all alone?"
Dec 1, 2008
Positively 4th Street
The Paranoid Style in American Politics- Great book but also a great phrase that never rang truer to mine ears.

Hofstadter goes on to detail historical paranoia directed against Illuminism, Freemasonry, and the Jesuits, and follows this strain in American politics through what he considered its modern incarnations in McCarthyism and the activities of the John Birch Society.

I look at the current protesters aligned with the right and fed by them (California conservatives feeding the teabaggers) on a steady diet of paranoid fantasies (training of foreign military to suppress revolt in US, Obama Birth issue(s), Democrats wanting to take away guns, Obama connebtration camp plans,..) and see history repeating itself and the sad fact is the right usually owns this area in American politics.

The Paranoid Style in American Politics- Great book but also a great phrase that never rang truer to mine ears.

Hofstadter goes on to detail historical paranoia directed against Illuminism, Freemasonry, and the Jesuits, and follows this strain in American politics through what he considered its modern incarnations in McCarthyism and the activities of the John Birch Society.

I look at the current protesters aligned with the right and fed by them (California conservatives feeding the teabaggers) on a steady diet of paranoid fantasies (training of foreign military to suppress revolt in US, Obama Birth issue(s), Democrats wanting to take away guns, Obama connebtration camp plans,..) and see history repeating itself and the sad fact is the right usually owns this area in American politics.
Watching the right foam at the mouth over health care reform reminds me: some things need repeating.

:eusa_whistle:

Watching the right foam at the mouth over health care reform reminds me: some things need repeating.

:eusa_whistle:

So what do you make of the Left foaming at the mouth over health care as well??
And can we forget all the paranoia against Bush from the Left? What about charges that Bush was a racist? On and on and on.
A shame that such a good book is being misunderstood to make a cheap political point. What else did I expect tho?

Paranoid? Really?

Dipshit! Mother fucker!

Forum List

Back