O'Reilly for a Public Option

Political Junky

Gold Member
May 27, 2009
Apparently, he's saying that he didn't say what in on this tape.

Bill O'Reilly Backs Public Option (VIDEO)

Bombastic Fox News host Bill O'Reilly made a rather notable policy pronouncement on Wednesday's show: he supports the creation of a government-managed health care plan if it provides working Americans with an affordable option to other private insurance plans.
In other words, he supports the public option now being hotly debated in Congress.
As noted by DailyKos' Jed Lewison, O'Reilly had the following exchange with the Heritage Foundation's Nina Owcharenko:
O'REILLY: The public option now is done. We discussed this, it's not going to happen. But you say that this little marketplace that they're going to set up, whereby the federal government would subsidize insurance for some Americans, that is, in your opinion, a public option?

OWCHARENKO: Well, it has massive new federal regulation. So you don't necessarily need a public option if the federal government is going to control and regulate the type of health insurance that Americans can buy.
O'REILLY: But you know, I want that, Ms. Owcharenko. I want that. I want, not for personally for me, but for working Americans, to have a option, that if they don't like their health insurance, if it's too expensive, they can't afford it, if the government can cobble together a cheaper insurance policy that gives the same benefits, I see that as a plus for the folks.
Watch video:

Read more at: Bill O'Reilly Backs Public Option (VIDEO)

No one ever gave any credit to O'Reilly before, primarily because he doesn't deserve it. Now he's an issue? Why? The guy was , is, and always will be a useless piece of crap.

Ame®icano;1541508 said:
I don't know, haven't seen it, but at the tonight show O'Reilly just denied he said/meant that.

of course he did...but read his words. He said exactly what we have been saying. he wants a public option....but of course now, in hind site he denies it. HE WORKS FOR FOX RMEMBER.

O'Reilly claims to be an independent. Hannity claims to be an independent. Glenn Beck claims to be a libertarian. That's a bit more honest, I think. O'Reilly goes after sex offenders and some really bad stuff, but he's not good at all in a truly political discussion, and caves far too often, even against people he starts to attack. Hannity is a one tune type, never changing at all. Not bad, but shallow in his discussions. Beck is all over the place. But then, I suspect most libertarians are.

You will find that many who were once republicans won't admit it anymore because of years of big government republicanism, which was what they call republicrat or dempublicans...it matters not which.

Liberal and conservative are much more descriptive labels.

Apparently, he's saying that he didn't say what in on this tape.

Bill O'Reilly Backs Public Option (VIDEO)

Bombastic Fox News host Bill O'Reilly made a rather notable policy pronouncement on Wednesday's show: he supports the creation of a government-managed health care plan if it provides working Americans with an affordable option to other private insurance plans.
In other words, he supports the public option now being hotly debated in Congress.
As noted by DailyKos' Jed Lewison, O'Reilly had the following exchange with the Heritage Foundation's Nina Owcharenko:
O'REILLY: The public option now is done. We discussed this, it's not going to happen. But you say that this little marketplace that they're going to set up, whereby the federal government would subsidize insurance for some Americans, that is, in your opinion, a public option?

OWCHARENKO: Well, it has massive new federal regulation. So you don't necessarily need a public option if the federal government is going to control and regulate the type of health insurance that Americans can buy.
O'REILLY: But you know, I want that, Ms. Owcharenko. I want that. I want, not for personally for me, but for working Americans, to have a option, that if they don't like their health insurance, if it's too expensive, they can't afford it, if the government can cobble together a cheaper insurance policy that gives the same benefits, I see that as a plus for the folks.
Watch video:

Read more at: Bill O'Reilly Backs Public Option (VIDEO)

Whatever. Next......

Forum List

Back