US proposes net neutrality rules

The second rule is what bothers me. ISP's need to be more transparent about the network traffic? And while I'm on the subject, I couldn't help but notice that our global "geniuses" are putting the onus on the ISP's for everything. I have a funny feeling that the open source community isn't going to go along with anything these dickweeds propose.

A law to solve a problem that doesn't exist.

Gee, where have we seen this one before?

isps, including comcast and at&t, have already filtered torrent users, even for legitimate downloads, throttled bandwidth for torrents and otehr protocols, and recently, pretty sure it was comcast, said that online gaming is not normal traffic and that it would be regulated either through throttling or higher rates.

companies have also already talked about the worst possible outcome which is only allowing subscribers to sites the isp allows whether through packages or the sites paying higher amounts of $ to the isp.

edit: so yes a problem exists and worse ones will be coming if isps have their way

isps, including comcast and at&t, have already filtered torrent users, even for legitimate downloads, throttled bandwidth for torrents and otehr protocols, and recently, pretty sure it was comcast, said that online gaming is not normal traffic and that it would be regulated either through throttling or higher rates.

companies have also already talked about the worst possible outcome which is only allowing subscribers to sites the isp allows whether through packages or the sites paying higher amounts of $ to the isp.

edit: so yes a problem exists and worse ones will be coming if isps have their way

Torrents are definitely a target (don't ask me how I know, because I know nothing :) ) and from what I've been seeing over the last 7 months the ISP's are cracking down on bandwidth usage. If you have your PC online too much, you get slowed down.

While I'm not familiar with the AT&T cases, Comcast has lost all subsequent lawsuits.

There's enough competition between DSL, cable and 3/4G wireless as to make the legislation completely pointless.

Like I said....A "problem" that technology has made obsolete prior to its relevance.

What part of "Congress shall pass no law" is so dang difficult for them to understand????

New Topics

Forum List

Back