The only way to explain the inherent value of human life is to resort to religious arguments...

...that's why we are losing the argument on abortion, assisted suicide and euthanasia, is because too many people can no longer be reached by religious arguments.

The quandary is this, only if there is a God who created human life in his own image, is human life precious, so that killing of innocent human life is always wrong.

If one does not believe in God, then human life has no inherent value, and killing innocent human life can be justified when it is convenient.

The only way to win the argument on abortion/assisted suicide/euthanasia is to convince enough people that God exists.
Complete, self-serving horseshit. If you can't value himan life unless an imaginary sky daddy tells you to do so, then your morals are horrible. I have no need of the fake sky daddy to value human life. Speak for yourself.

God plans on destroying human spirits after judgement, he ain't no saint you know?

No He isnt
So that pit o'sulfur is just for aromatic heating?

1) those who experience that fate will choose it for themselves.

2) this is after their resurrection from the dead. They will be immortal. Just damned
You magical threats and trinkets carry no weight here, shaman.

To the left, there is no value to human life. There are simply statistics. To the left, it's true, black lives really don't matter.

...that's why we are losing the argument on abortion, assisted suicide and euthanasia, is because too many people can no longer be reached by religious arguments.

The quandary is this, only if there is a God who created human life in his own image, is human life precious, so that killing of innocent human life is always wrong.

If one does not believe in God, then human life has no inherent value, and killing innocent human life can be justified when it is convenient.

The only way to win the argument on abortion/assisted suicide/euthanasia is to convince enough people that God exists.

Then, in case you convince everyone of the existence of god, you still need to convince everybody they should follow whatever their particular god might say, namely, to value human life, even the life of the Other, such as those praying to a different god. How did that work out throughout history?

Wouldn't it be much easier, and much more straightforward, to try to convince more and more humans to place a very high value on the life of their fellow humans - cut out the hard-to-believe, invisible middleman? That argument would follow pretty directly from humans' enlightened self-interest, for we are all somewhat safer in societies placing a high value on human life, higher than, say, the value of guns and gun ownership.

But then, you didn't really conceive of an argument for the, as always, "inherent" value of human life, you just used human life and its value as bait for a belief in god, am I right?

Complete, self-serving horseshit. If you can't value himan life unless an imaginary sky daddy tells you to do so, then your morals are horrible. I have no need of the fake sky daddy to value human life. Speak for yourself.

There is no imaginary sky daddy.

There is, however, a God in Heaven who is our Father and who loves us.

And if you can value human life without Him, why don’t you?

God plans on destroying human spirits after judgement, he ain't no saint you know?

No He isnt
So that pit o'sulfur is just for aromatic heating?

1) those who experience that fate will choose it for themselves.

2) this is after their resurrection from the dead. They will be immortal. Just damned
You magical threats and trinkets carry no weight here, shaman.

I haven’t made any threats

My conclusions are valid. Atheists are not coming forward in significant numbers to help Christian pro-lifers in their battles against abortion, euthanasia and assisted suicide.

My conclusions are valid. Atheists are not coming forward in significant numbers to help Christian pro-lifers in their battles against abortion, euthanasia and assisted suicide.
Which does not mean they don't value human life. It also does not mean they can't come up with an argument for the value of human life that doesn't refer to religion. Also, there are atheist pro-lifers.

So your entire post and thread is basically a big pile of shit.

In reality, it is the delusional religious people who ascribe little value to human life. They see this earthly life as an infinitely small blip compared to the eternal afterlife. They gleefully write off dead children as the "plan" of their madeup sky daddies. They don't care about quality of life, which is the real value of life. Because, hey, in this world we are all just "placehders" for our eternal souls. Please... Any secular humanist on page one of the handbook values human life more than any religious person.

In reality, it is the delusional religious people who ascribe little value to human life. They see this earthly life as an infinitely small blip compared to the eternal afterlife. They gleefully write off dead children as the "plan" of their madeup sky daddies. They don't care about quality of life, which is the real value of life. Because, hey, in this world we are all just "placehders" for our eternal souls. Please... Any secular humanist on page one of the handbook values human life more than any religious person.
None of this is true. Christians value this life more than atheists. Logically you would think it the opposite, but it isn't.

No imaginary sky daddy? Then why HIM ?

Well you clearly didn’t read my entire post
I certainly did but was addressing my question to the assumption held by many this entity is necessarily a male. I wasn’t suggesting you held that belief. Heaven forbid.:spinner:

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    577 bytes · Views: 20

Typical patriarchal gobble de gook.

Why should they? There’s that confusion again of associating abortion, euthanasia and assisted suicide as identical moral issues. That’s another thread though

None of this is true. Christians value this life more than atheists. Logically you would think it the opposite, but it isn't.
So...you speak for atheists?

Forum List

Back