The Only Thing to Fear - Is the Fear Mongers

rayboyusmc

Jan 2, 2008
Florida
Good old Keith gives them hell again.

images1-3.jpg

I wonder when he will disapear?

The use of fear by governments has been common throughout history. Not right and usefull, but common. These boys have raised it to a new level.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/23174929#23174929

Keith is just another mouthpiece for the dems. Same as Coulter, O'Reilley, for the R's and Matthews for the dems. No original ideas just boring tirades.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigtht!

Mathews is often more right than left and he is a boring pompous asshole.

Do you deny that Bush has used the fear card continuously since 9-11? That is what his talk was about.

That so many people believe so many wrong things, attests to the power of Cheney administration propaganda. George is only his sidekick. 'Fight on poor fools, as we loot the coffers of America, remember you are being attacked. Be scared be very scared.'

"Why of course the people don't want war. Why should some poor slob on a farm want to risk his life in a war when the best he can get out of it is to come back to his farm in one piece? Naturally the common people don't want war neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, it is the leaders of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country." Hermann Goering

How many I wonder bought masking tape and plastice wrap. Fear has great power.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigtht!

Mathews is often more right than left and he is a boring pompous asshole.

Do you deny that Bush has used the fear card continuously since 9-11? That is what his talk was about.

The masters of the "fear" card are the Liberals. They use it on every issue. Their tactic is simple, if they scare each sub group and convince them only they have the answer, they get their vote. The Dems been doing it for YEARS.

The masters of the "fear" card are the Liberals. They use it on every issue. Their tactic is simple, if they scare each sub group and convince them only they have the answer, they get their vote. The Dems been doing it for YEARS.

Note Ray, that he didn't deny what you said. Bush does play the fear card. He just tried to divert the topic.

Olberman is a talentless hack. He fancies himself a modern day Edward R. Murrow, but he couldn't carry Murrow's jock. He's a failed sportscaster who has found a niche spouting hateful diatribes that find favor with sufferers of Bush derangement syndrome. He is no better than Hannity or Coulter, perhaps even worse as no one calls him on his crap. He gets a free pass.

Note Ray, that he didn't deny what you said. Bush does play the fear card. He just tried to divert the topic.

Um it's my distinct memory of hidding under my desk so I could kiss my ass goodbye that leads me to believe THAT WE'VE BEEN RULED BY FEAR FOR TO LONG.................by a hoard of witless, spineless ASSHOLES!!!!!!!:rolleyes: :eusa_whistle:

Gunny, how far did you reach up your anal opening for that one? To compare fear of imminent death by terrorists to whatever you are talking about is really reaching.

What did you president say just the other day?

Good Morning my fellow Americans. Right now there are terrorists around the world planning our destruction. Nice use of the fear card?

What did you president say just the other day?

Good Morning my fellow Americans. Right now there are terrorists around the world planning our destruction. Nice use of the fear card?

When did telling the truth become the equivalent of preying on fear? Or do you believe that there is no one plotting the demise of the west as we know it?

Not for anything, at no point since 9/11 have I felt any fear in regards to the threat from terrorism. I know it's there, but it's not something I think about. Now, if you are afraid I can understand why you'd want people to stop reminding you of reality.

Make no mistake, there are people out there who will do anything they can to kill Americans and other citizens from the west, be it England, France, or where ever. To pretend this isn't a fact is to live with your head in a hole in the ground.

Whether or not they are a real threat to our way of life, well, I doubt it. Unless you believe the loss of your life to be an infringement of how you live.

When did telling the truth become the equivalent of preying on fear? Or do you believe that there is no one plotting the demise of the west as we know it?

Not for anything, at no point since 9/11 have I felt any fear in regards to the threat from terrorism. I know it's there, but it's not something I think about. Now, if you are afraid I can understand why you'd want people to stop reminding you of reality.

Make no mistake, there are people out there who will do anything they can to kill Americans and other citizens from the west, be it England, France, or where ever. To pretend this isn't a fact is to live with your head in a hole in the ground.

Whether or not they are a real threat to our way of life, well, I doubt it. Unless you believe the loss of your life to be an infringement of how you live.

Actually, since you, like me, are aware of the threat, but aren't particularly afraid of it, then you should be asking, what is the point of trying to instill such fear? Are we that stupid that we forget there are bad guys? I don't think so.

So, ask yourself why. The only answer is to try to keep people afraid so they make decisions out of fear instead of out of rational thought. Me? I figure if we allow them to make us afraid all the time, they win.

Actually, since you, like me, are aware of the threat, but aren't particularly afraid of it, then you should be asking, what is the point of trying to instill such fear? Are we that stupid that we forget there are bad guys? I don't think so.

So, ask yourself why. The only answer is to try to keep people afraid so they make decisions out of fear instead of out of rational thought. Me? I figure if we allow them to make us afraid all the time, they win.

You and I are not far apart on this topic. It seems to be a matter of perception.

I guess I view it as more of a reminder that there is a threat rather than an attempt to instill fear in the masses. Most people tend to grow lackadaisical when too much time passes between particular events. Earthquakes, hurricanes, tornadoes, terrorist attacks. We tend to forget what is possible. I know that is true of me, I am in no way prepared for an earthquake, and I rocked and rolled in the '94 Northridge shaker. I know it will happen again, just not while I'm here. Go figure. It wasn't my first earthquake, and still I was not prepared.

The WTC had been attacked in '93, albeit with a car bomb, yet we all responded with surprise on 9/11, as if we didn't think it possible. We had seemingly forgotten the first attack.

While I do not see the need for a constant reminder of what is possible, I don't think it hurts the populace to be reminded from time to time of what and who is out there. It has been nearly seven years since 9/11 with no further attacks on American soil, that could lull some into complacency.

I would be interested in numbers regarding how much of the population actually fears another attack. How many dwell on it daily. My guess is, most people ignore the reminders and go on with their daily lives as if Bush had said nothing at all.

When did telling the truth become the equivalent of preying on fear?

When it is done continuously whether there is a current threat upgrade or not. When it is done not to really warn US or do anything about it, but to get people to vote for you because you keep them in fear. When it becomes a tool you use to break laws in the frigging false name of security.

It isn't a new tactic. A lot of dictators and assholes have used it over the ages.

When it is done continuously whether there is a current threat upgrade or not. When it is done not to really warn US or do anything about it, but to get people to vote for you because you keep them in fear. When it becomes a tool you use to break laws in the frigging false name of security.

It isn't a new tactic. A lot of dictators and assholes have used it over the ages.

How much of your opinion is formed by your hatred for Bush? My point being, while I have no real fondness for this administration, I don't blame all of the worlds ills on Bush. When he or someone from the administration mentions that there are terrorists who want to do harm, I don't see it as "fear mongering." I just say yes there are and move on. I look at it as more of a "Hey, don't forget" sort of thing. Is it remotley possible that your perception is fundamentally skewed because of your feelings for Bush?

How much of your opinion is formed by your hatred for Bush?

Please, on this issue of using fear to get the people to do what he wants, only the most diehard supporter would deny he does this. His presidency was made by his exploitation of 9-11. If he had actually done something like won in Afghanistan or captured Ossama, that would be one thing. He hasn't. Even the intelligence agencies say that the world is less safe now. Do I despise him, most certainly.

Read up on history and you will see the use of fear has been a common tool used to rally the people when data was lacking.

Second, I don't "hate" Bush. That seems to be the only words that some conservatives understand when one criticizes him. I think he is the worst president in modern times and is responsible for the needless deaths of all our troops who have died in Iraq. I hope and pray that if he is as bad a person as I believe him to be, then God deals with him accordingly. Notice, that I said "if". The ability to accept that your opinion may be wrong doesn't seem either to be a conservative value.

Hate, is a feeling that I don't deal with as lightly as some seem to do.

You and I are not far apart on this topic. It seems to be a matter of perception.

I guess I view it as more of a reminder that there is a threat rather than an attempt to instill fear in the masses. Most people tend to grow lackadaisical when too much time passes between particular events. Earthquakes, hurricanes, tornadoes, terrorist attacks. We tend to forget what is possible. I know that is true of me, I am in no way prepared for an earthquake, and I rocked and rolled in the '94 Northridge shaker. I know it will happen again, just not while I'm here. Go figure. It wasn't my first earthquake, and still I was not prepared.

The WTC had been attacked in '93, albeit with a car bomb, yet we all responded with surprise on 9/11, as if we didn't think it possible. We had seemingly forgotten the first attack.

While I do not see the need for a constant reminder of what is possible, I don't think it hurts the populace to be reminded from time to time of what and who is out there. It has been nearly seven years since 9/11 with no further attacks on American soil, that could lull some into complacency.

I would be interested in numbers regarding how much of the population actually fears another attack. How many dwell on it daily. My guess is, most people ignore the reminders and go on with their daily lives as if Bush had said nothing at all.

It probably is a matter of perception. And yes, it seems we're not too far apart on the issue.

See, unless there's a purpose to the reminder, I really don't see where it has value. No one is forgetting what happened, though we've learned to live with it. I can assure you that there isn't a day that I go into the city or look at the skyline where I don't notice the missing buildings.

As for it being 7 years between attacks, there were 7 years between the first and second bombings of the WTC. The terrorists are patient... they don't think about how long between attacks. They think about the results of the attacks they DO commit.

I don't think people should dwell on the possibility of another attack daily and I don't see the motivation in the reminder as "pure". I think it's as political as Guiliani having the 9-11 stutter at all his campaign events. Just my .02 on the subject.

It probably is a matter of perception. And yes, it seems we're not too far apart on the issue.

See, unless there's a purpose to the reminder, I really don't see where it has value. No one is forgetting what happened, though we've learned to live with it. I can assure you that there isn't a day that I go into the city or look at the skyline where I don't notice the missing buildings.

As for it being 7 years between attacks, there were 7 years between the first and second bombings of the WTC. The terrorists are patient... they don't think about how long between attacks. They think about the results of the attacks they DO commit.

I don't think people should dwell on the possibility of another attack daily and I don't see the motivation in the reminder as "pure". I think it's as political as Guiliani having the 9-11 stutter at all his campaign events. Just my .02 on the subject.

I called it 9/11 Turrets. Giuliani was making me nuts every time he opened his mouth. That bastard was unable to bow out of the race fast enough for me.

Forum List

Back