The One True Puerto Rico Death Toll and Other Fictions

I'm not dismissing anything!

I'm providing information that shows the corruption present in Puerto Rico and complicity of the media.
I was there 6 months after Maria hit. It looked like a bomb went off even in San Juan. I’m going back in December, and there will still be areas without power and water. You may laugh at the thousands dead, but it speaks to your complete lack of character that you dismiss their suffering so easily.

The media is capitalizing on the “death and suffering,” as you put it, by inflating the death toll for political gains and it appears you’re okay with this... so what does that say about your character?

Also you apparently believe no evidence is needed to dub a man a rapist and totally ruin his reputation based on nothing but an accusation 30+ years old of which no one can remember much of anything about. How does this speak to your character?

I look forward to your scathing response.
Inflating? GO FUCK YOURSELF. Your fellow Americans suffered the greatest natural disaster in their island’s history and all you can do is bitch that it hurts you politically?! Jesus fucking Christ.

Yet you are the asshole twat using whatever number of bodies as a weapon against a president you don't like, when there are plenty of local Commonwealth officials from the past decades who have the majority of the blame.
Oh sorry I forgot you rubes don’t ever want Trump or the government to be held accountable for anything or for any reason. Trash.

Why aren't your trying to hold the Commonwealth government accountable?

The Feds are a support level of government during emergencies like this. They provided support, plenty of it.

I'm providing information that shows the corruption present in Puerto Rico and complicity of the media.
I was there 6 months after Maria hit. It looked like a bomb went off even in San Juan. I’m going back in December, and there will still be areas without power and water. You may laugh at the thousands dead, but it speaks to your complete lack of character that you dismiss their suffering so easily.

The media is capitalizing on the “death and suffering,” as you put it, by inflating the death toll for political gains and it appears you’re okay with this... so what does that say about your character?

Also you apparently believe no evidence is needed to dub a man a rapist and totally ruin his reputation based on nothing but an accusation 30+ years old of which no one can remember much of anything about. How does this speak to your character?

Inflating? GO FUCK YOURSELF. Your fellow Americans suffered the greatest natural disaster in their island’s history and all you can do is bitch that it hurts you politically?! Jesus fucking Christ.

Yet you are the asshole twat using whatever number of bodies as a weapon against a president you don't like, when there are plenty of local Commonwealth officials from the past decades who have the majority of the blame.
Oh sorry I forgot you rubes don’t ever want Trump or the government to be held accountable for anything or for any reason. Trash.

The hurricane killed people. Not Trump you jackass.

The PR Govt. let their people down. Not Trump.

FEMA did a great job even though the PR Govt. was inept.

You want to blame anything for the deaths?? Blame the force of nature that killed them. THE HURRICANE.

What a jackass you are.

The Feds are a support level of government during emergencies like this. They provided support, plenty of it.

Yes they did and supplies were found rotting on wharfs. That's how inept the Govt. of PR was.

Of course BF just want to blame a force of nature and an inept Govt. on Trump. Just shows what a jackass he is.

It is being held accountable. Arrests and investigations left and right. Zero attention from Trump though other than to bash Puerto Ricans. Keep in mind that Puerto Rico has survived countless hurricanes just fine. This was a natural disaster like it has never seen, and you callously dismiss their death and suffering as politics. I really can’t stand you people.

It is being held accountable. Arrests and investigations left and right. Zero attention from Trump though other than to bash Puerto Ricans. Keep in mind that Puerto Rico has survived countless hurricanes just fine. This was a natural disaster like it has never seen, and you callously dismiss their death and suffering as politics. I really can’t stand you people.

No, you keep using it as a platform to attack a President and a Party you don't like. You are the one shitting on their corpses, you worthless hack.

Yes they did and supplies were found rotting on wharfs. That's how inept the Govt. of PR was.

Of course BF just want to blame a force of nature and an inept Govt. on Trump. Just shows what a jackass he is.
The government of PR was operating under an unprecedented crisis with delayed and limited assistance from the the federal government. Go fuck yourself, vapid whore.

Well most people can't stand you. You aren't worth talking to on this board at all and I wonder how many have you on ignore???

No, you keep using it as a platform to attack a President and a Party you don't like. You are the one shitting on their corpses, you worthless hack.
There’s nothing I could say to make you care. Off to ignore.

Well most people can't stand you. You aren't worth talking to on this board at all and I wonder how many have you on ignore???
You’re a complete waste of time, so I invite you to join their ranks and fuck off.

The government of PR was operating under an unprecedented crisis with delayed and limited assistance from the the federal government. Go fuck yourself, vapid whore.

No you can go fuck yourself you idiot. They got plenty of assistance from the tax payers of America. They were inept.

You can blame whoever you want to. Most of us are sick of your bullshit. The hurricane killed those people. We all know that but you seem to think Trump and the US govt. personally killed them all.

You are one blind idiot and you can go fuck yourself. It would be the only fuck you are able to get. Asshole.

You’re a complete waste of time, so I invite you to join their ranks and fuck off.

Speaking of a waste of time. That's you big time and I wonder how many on this board have you on ignore?? You aren't worth speaking with at all.

Bullshit. They had days of warning. Just shows how inept they were. Hell they have been through hurricanes before and know what to expect. Oh and just so you know a hurricane killed them. Stick that up your ass. Idiot.

No you can go fuck yourself you idiot. They got plenty of assistance from the tax payers of America. They were inept.

You can blame whoever you want to. Most of us are sick of your bullshit. The hurricane killed those people. We all know that but you seem to think Trump and the US govt. personally killed them all.

You are one blind idiot and you can go fuck yourself. It would be the only fuck you are able to get. Asshole.
You and your party’s total callousness and mockery of the suffering in Puerto Rico prove that you have zero interest in accountibility from Trump’s despicable response. I suspect you would celebrate 9/11 if it happened again, as it would kill off another few thousand Americans that you hate. You are ABSOLUTE TRASH.

How exactly was the assistance "delayed and limited"?

Bullshit. They had days of warning. Just shows how inept they were. Hell they have been through hurricanes before and know what to expect. They just didn't do a good enough job.
DAYS OF WARNING?! YOU MEAN DAYS AFTER THE FIRST DEVASTATING HURRICANE HIT?! My fucking God you are such absolute despicable trash. If catastrophe ever strikes your loved ones, I’ll make sure to label any concern you show for them as you just playing politics because you’re a despicable fucking ****.

Bullshit. They had days of warning. Just shows how inept they were. Hell they have been through hurricanes before and know what to expect. They just didn't do a good enough job.
DAYS OF WARNING?! YOU MEAN DAYS AFTER THE FIRST DEVASTATING HURRICANE HIT?! My fucking God you are such absolute despicable trash. If catastrophe ever strikes your loved ones, I’ll make sure to label any concern you show for them as you just playing politics because you’re a despicable fucking ****.

Again, you twats tried to make this political first. Again, you shitting on their corpses for political gain.

Well dipshit. I live in Florida and have been through many hurricanes. There is plenty of warning before a storm hits.

The hurricane did the killing. The hurricane and nothing else. No matter how well prepared you think you are deaths happen during and after a hurricane.

Oh and no one shows up prior to a hurricane. Why would they. They all come after the hurricane to help with clean up, food, water and medical care. Just like what happened in PR.

Catch a clue you moron.

GettyImages-1036900260-1-1024x576.jpg

Can anyone say for certain just how many died from Maria?

Apparently not,

From news accounts, we know the exact number: 48. I mean 64. At least 450. No, 985. More like 1,052, or maybe 1,085. It could be 4,645 or 5,740, one study said, or somewhere between 793 and 8,498. Or 2,975. Yeah, that’s it!

The one, true, absolutely correct answer is 2,975. We know that one is correct because it is the answer accepted by the Puerto Rican government, which, you may be certain—certain!—is interested only in the truth and not in the aid that comes with larger numbers.

There are 64 actual confirmed deaths—people whose names are known. President Trump, ever the skeptic, tweeted that the increase in the official count from 64 to 2,975 was “done by the Democrats in order to make me look as bad as possible.”

From The One True Puerto Rico Death Toll and Other Fictions

The only way you get to that 3,000 number.....
…..any deaths, months after, for whatever reason, is attributed to the hurricane, and used against Trump’s correct statement about a far, far smaller number.

Is that how we enumerate the deaths caused by events?

Or, only when a Republican is President?

If we use the same methodology, Pearl Harbor deaths was not the 2,400 so described…..but rather the 70-80 million attributed to WWII,

GettyImages-1036900260-1-1024x576.jpg

Can anyone say for certain just how many died from Maria?

Apparently not,

From news accounts, we know the exact number: 48. I mean 64. At least 450. No, 985. More like 1,052, or maybe 1,085. It could be 4,645 or 5,740, one study said, or somewhere between 793 and 8,498. Or 2,975. Yeah, that’s it!

The one, true, absolutely correct answer is 2,975. We know that one is correct because it is the answer accepted by the Puerto Rican government, which, you may be certain—certain!—is interested only in the truth and not in the aid that comes with larger numbers.

There are 64 actual confirmed deaths—people whose names are known. President Trump, ever the skeptic, tweeted that the increase in the official count from 64 to 2,975 was “done by the Democrats in order to make me look as bad as possible.”

From The One True Puerto Rico Death Toll and Other Fictions

We may never know the exact death count, but the one thing we CAN know for certain is whatever number most favored by the Democrats-- -- -- THAT'S NOT IT.

You dismiss death and suffering as easily as you dismiss rape. Trump’s GOP is an absolute disgrace.

Okay, so you've seen the suffering first hand.
Do you have any first-hand proof of the 3,000 figure?
And, do you firmly believe that corrupt local policians didn't have anything to do with aid not getting to those in need? Or that they didn't stuff their own pockets at every chance?

Are you truly that naive?
If it turns out South Carolina’s government is corrupt and millions of Americans suffer for months and thousands die, my reaction will not be “haha fick ‘em” the way your type keeps insisting we do for Puerto Rico. If you believe that millions living in a disaster zone without power, water, or food for months resulted in only 48 deaths, then it’s stupid to bother talking to you.
But you have no proof that its 3000 either, so...
As much proof as we have of the lesser figure.

Forum List

Back