The one idea that shaped all of human history.

EdwardBaiamonte

Platinum Member
Nov 23, 2011
From Plato and Aristotle forward the only significant idea in human history has been about freedom versus government. As freedom from liberal govt has advanced mankind's condition has advanced.

Liberalism stands squarely opposed to mankind's advancement but liberals simply lack the IQ to understand it.

From Plato and Aristotle forward the only significant idea in human history has been about freedom versus government. As freedom from liberal govt has advanced mankind's condition has advanced.

Liberalism stands squarely opposed to mankind's advancement but liberals simply lack the IQ to understand it.

If the battle has been between freedom versus governments why does man always create governments?
Why did our own framers create a stronger, and much much larger government? Were the frames of our Constitution liberals or did they just have liberal ideas?

That's funny, I never knew that the church or a religion as the head of state as being a condition of human advancement, in fact it deters from advancement..Those Greeks you use as an example were not conservatives, but liberals in their day...

If the battle has been between freedom versus governments why does man always create governments?

dear, the point is that as mankind has advanced he has created smaller and smaller governments. Do you grasp the point now?

Why did our own framers create a stronger, and much much larger government?

dear, you are barely human!! Our founders were revolutionary in that they created the smallest govt ever and produced the greatest wealth ever. Do you grasp it now?

That's funny, I never knew that the church or a religion as the head of state as being a condition of human advancement, ..

dear if I said they were a condition of advancement I'll pay you $10,000. Bet?? See why we say slow?

dear, the point is that as mankind has advanced he has created smaller and smaller governments. Do you grasp the point now?

How did humans do that? Since we have no examples of smaller govt.s In fact the empires stayed as large if not larger than in the past.

That's funny, I never knew that the church or a religion as the head of state as being a condition of human advancement, ..

dear if I said they were a condition of advancement I'll pay you $10,000. Bet?? See why we say slow?

yes, I know, you're only dig is on liberals, you refuse to acknowledge any other of your fallacies or examples..

..Those Greeks you use as an example were not conservatives, but liberals in their day...

of course as a liberal you will be, sadly, a near illiterate. The Greeks I used were Plato and Aristotle. Plato was a liberal while Aristotle was a conservative. As a near illiterate you are in no position to comment. Sorry.

yes, I know, you're only dig is on liberals, you refuse to acknowledge any other of your fallacies or examples..

please name a fallacy or example or admit you have no idea what on earth you are talking about.

How did humans do that? Since we have no examples of smaller govt.s In fact the empires stayed as large if not larger than in the past.

dear, Europe had Kings; now they have democracies and smaller govts. Do you understand now?

dear, Europe had Kings; now they have democracies and smaller govts. Do you understand now?

So are we to understand you believe democracies make smaller government?

..Those Greeks you use as an example were not conservatives, but liberals in their day...

of course as a liberal you will be, sadly, a near illiterate. The Greeks I used were Plato and Aristotle. Plato was a liberal while Aristotle was a conservative. As a near illiterate you are in no position to comment. Sorry.

you seem to have an independent idea of what being illiterate means, but I am not surprised since your posts are more about emotive jingoism and less about the truth or fact of the matter..but please continue your flame bait thread...

Plato and Aristotle understood the vital roll of government, as did our founding fathers, who BTW, CREATED a GOVERNMENT. Not a corporation or private entity. You right wing turds somehow believe anarchy is Utopia.

Move to Somalia and send us updates, IF you survive.

"The equal rights of man, and the happiness of every individual, are now acknowledged to be the only legitimate objects of government. Modern times have the signal advantage, too, of having discovered the only device by which these rights can be secured, to wit: government by the people, acting not in person, but by representatives chosen by themselves, that is to say, by every man of ripe years and sane mind, who contributes either by his purse or person to the support of his country." --Thomas Jefferson to A. Coray, 1823. ME 15:482

I know of no safe depository of the ultimate powers of the society but the people themselves; and if we think them not enlightened enough to exercise their control with a wholesome discretion, the remedy is not to take it from them but to inform their discretion.
Thomas Jefferson

"The legitimate object of Government is to do for a community of people whatever they need to have done but cannot do at all, or cannot so well do, for themselves in their separate and individual capacities. But in all that people can individually do as well for themselves, Government ought not to interfere."
President Abraham Lincoln

Nothing turns out to be so oppressive and unjust as a feeble government.
Edmund Burke

Forum List

Back