The Olden Days

I remember a lot of that from when I was a kid.

Funny the things you remember! The 'wooden nickel.' The ice cube trays above the freezer! For that matter a freezer that wouldn't hold more that 4 of todays bags of frozen vegetables!

As long as no one says the "olden days" were better ... it's fun to look back at how hard we actually had it in the past. Even ten years ago it was tough compared to today.

Missing: Silly Putty, Fizzies, Slinky, Whamo Slip n' Slide...
Playdough.

I had this toy that could kill, they took it off the market, was called 'click clacks' that if you brained someone with it, they were dying.

kbags.jpg

We still have all that in Seattle, mostly at the dollar stores though. Pop Rocks were one thing I missed ... until I found them at the dollar store ... woohoo!

Pop Rocks were more the 80's! Trust me, the silly putty, etc., today are not what they were back when. I know, I bought the remakes for my own kids.

lincoln logs and click clacks them damn things could hurt ...

you forgot the first skateboards.....a skate taken apart and literally nailed to a board and scootters....

Playdough.

I had this toy that could kill, they took it off the market, was called 'click clacks' that if you brained someone with it, they were dying.

kbags.jpg

I remember click clacks, used to get them in birthday goodie bags! :lol: Rock'em Sock'em Robots and Man from UNCLE briefcase. ;)

As long as no one says the "olden days" were better ... it's fun to look back at how hard we actually had it in the past. Even ten years ago it was tough compared to today.

How do you figure? There were a LOT of things back during that era that were better than it is now. Technology may be better than it ever was. People however suck a WHOLE lot more than they did then.

You'll have to define "tough," because I disagree with that as well.

Forum List

Back