The oft unanswered qst...."Is ANY president above the law?"

We seem to always skirt around the question whether a president is the ONLY individual who can boast that he or she is above the law.....until out of office, that is.

So, since the Trump administration has proven as the MOST corrupt in our modern history (just look at how many of Trump's cabinet have had to resign or about to pending ethical investigations,) we cannot simply say that Trump.....HIMSELF....has not been charged with anything.....and then say that any personal investigation of Trump is a witch hunt.

So, my friends, simply address the question with a simple "Yes" or "No" .......

"Is any president above the ;aw?"

No.

No one should be above the law in America.
---------------------------------------- yeah , President is important as he runs and steers the USA unless you can IMPEACH him . I think thats the only remedy for your 'TDS' Dana .

We seem to always skirt around the question whether a president is the ONLY individual who can boast that he or she is above the law.....until out of office, that is.

So, since the Trump administration has proven as the MOST corrupt in our modern history (just look at how many of Trump's cabinet have had to resign or about to pending ethical investigations,) we cannot simply say that Trump.....HIMSELF....has not been charged with anything.....and then say that any personal investigation of Trump is a witch hunt.

No. They can all be impeached, convicted and removed from office.

What a stupid question.

And Trump is the most corrupt in history? That's just your raging butt hurt. He isn't even the most corrupt of the decade
No?? What President is being investigated over emoluments??? A thief who doesn't care who knows it, Trump

So being investigated is a conviction now? So you say Obama was guilty then of the Benghazi accusations?

And no President is being investigated for emoluments that I'm aware of. Where do you get that?
It's happening in Md

What a stupid question.

And Trump is the most corrupt in history? That's just your raging butt hurt. He isn't even the most corrupt of the decade
No?? What President is being investigated over emoluments??? A thief who doesn't care who knows it, Trump

So being investigated is a conviction now? So you say Obama was guilty then of the Benghazi accusations?

And no President is being investigated for emoluments that I'm aware of. Where do you get that?
About 209,000 results (0.40 seconds)

Search Results
Web results
In Ruling Against Trump, Judge Defines Anticorruption Clauses in ...
In Ruling Against Trump, Judge Defines Anticorruption Clauses in Constitution for First Time
Jul 25, 2018 - WASHINGTON — A lawsuit accusing President Trump of violating the .... Lawsuit on Trump Emoluments Violations Gains Traction in Court.
Judge lets emoluments lawsuit against Trump move ahead - POLITICO
Judge lets emoluments lawsuit against Trump move ahead
Jul 25, 2018 - A lawsuit arguing President Donald Trump is violating the Constitution by benefiting from business with foreign governments can proceed, ...

20170726_Move_On_Mueller_Firing_Rapid_Response_website_banner.png

& if trump creates the ultimate Constitutional crisis, it will be time to take to the streets:

Nobody Is Above the Law—Mueller Firing Rapid Response

Thank you very much for that link. I've been a member of MoveOn since they started in 1998.

I didn't think to post the link on the message board. Everyone should know about this.

What a stupid question.

It's happening in Md

OK, a partisan hack blue State, that means shit.

I appreciate your admission that Obama is guilty of covering up Benghazi though since you're arguing investigation = guilt

What a stupid question.

Search Results
Web results
In Ruling Against Trump, Judge Defines Anticorruption Clauses in Constitution for First Time
Jul 25, 2018 - WASHINGTON — A lawsuit accusing President Trump of violating the .... Lawsuit on Trump Emoluments Violations Gains Traction in Court.
Jul 25, 2018 - A lawsuit arguing President Donald Trump is violating the Constitution by benefiting from business with foreign governments can proceed, ...

You said he was being investigated, this is a civil suit. You don't even know what you're saying

20170726_Move_On_Mueller_Firing_Rapid_Response_website_banner.png

& if trump creates the ultimate Constitutional crisis, it will be time to take to the streets:

Nobody Is Above the Law—Mueller Firing Rapid Response

And do what? Stamp your little feet and whine?

There will be no "Constitutional crisis". A president has all the legal authority necessary to fire anyone working in an Executive Branch department at his whim. He can fire ALL of them should he choose to do so.

Your opinions do not come whatsoever into play in the matter. MoveOn and the rest of the Left had better consider the backlash that would occur should their little passion plays turn widespread violent, a near inevitability.

You people are not nearly as influential as you think.

The Office is also political and Congress is Supposed to be a check and balance.

How potentially "corrupt", is Congress?

What a stupid question.

You prove all those studies about right wing media watchers true.

Studies show that those who watch fox news are the least informed in the nation. That those who don't even watch any news at all are more informed than those who watch fox news.

The emoluments case has been going on for a while now. I'm not surprised that you don't know about it. You don't get your news from an reputable source.

If you bothered to get your news from a reputable source you wouldn't continue to make such a fool of yourself to all intelligent people in cyberspace.

D.C., Maryland can proceed with lawsuit alleging Trump violated emoluments clauses

A federal judge ruled that the District of Columbia and Maryland may proceed with a lawsuit against President Trump alleging that Trump’s business dealings have violated the Constitution’s ban on receiving improper “emoluments,” or payments, from individual states and foreign governments.

What a stupid question.

Name the presidents who divested themselves of their assets when they took office, ed.

All of them.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

What a stupid question.

Search Results
Web results

You said he was being investigated, this is a civil suit. You don't even know what you're saying
OH? the law suit means he won't be investigated for all his ill gotten gains ??

What a stupid question.

You prove all those studies about right wing media watchers true.

Studies show that those who watch fox news are the least informed in the nation. That those who don't even watch any news at all are more informed than those who watch fox news.

The emoluments case has been going on for a while now. I'm not surprised that you don't know about it. You don't get your news from an reputable source.

If you bothered to get your news from a reputable source you wouldn't continue to make such a fool of yourself to all intelligent people in cyberspace.

D.C., Maryland can proceed with lawsuit alleging Trump violated emoluments clauses

A federal judge ruled that the District of Columbia and Maryland may proceed with a lawsuit against President Trump alleging that Trump’s business dealings have violated the Constitution’s ban on receiving improper “emoluments,” or payments, from individual states and foreign governments.

Read my post again. It's hilarious that you talk about ignorant then you go on an inane screed that doesn't address anything I said and completely missed the point of the post you quoted.

Eddie said investigation = guilt. Did you even grasp that? No, huh?

What a stupid question.

Search Results
Web results

OH? the law suit means he won't be investigated for all his ill gotten gains ??

An investigation is done by prosecutors. In a civil case, it's up to the plaintiff to make their own case, not prosecutors.

Learn to speak English, Pedro

What a stupid question.

Search Results
Web results

These are YOUR words not mine,,{So being investigated is a conviction now}

What a stupid question.

Search Results
Web results

So when you said Trump wwas being investigated, therefore he was corrupt, you weren't saying investigation = guilt.

Dude, you're just stupid, of course it was

Search Results
Web results

So when you said Trump wwas being investigated, therefore he was corrupt, you weren't saying investigation = guilt.

His administration is corrupt

Whether he escapes remains to be seen

Search Results
Web results

GOTCHA and naturally you are clueless

It's possible Barry Hussein is responsible for the deaths at Bengazi and trying to cover it up with a you tube video. He is certainly guilty of manslaughter for supplying guns to the Mexican drug cartels who killed a U.S. Border Officer and God only knows how many Mexican civilians. He is guilty of ordering his IRS to punish political enemies and keeping her from testifying about corruption. The only difference between the Obama administration and Nixon is that the media was on Barry's side. Let's see if Barry is immune from prosecution.

Forum List

Back