The Ocean Ate My Global Warming

That's the sort of comment that had some value several years back when this conversation first began. With all the evidence and arguments that have been thrown about, all it says is "I have nothing to add".

Evidence? Flawed computer models that spew out "See that?! Man Made Global Warming! DENIER!!!" are not evidence

As you've been told many times before, mountains of evidence may be found in the IPCC's five assessment reports and the thousands and thousands of peer reviewed studies to which they refer.

Where is your evidence? Blogs? Unreviewed self-published harangues by failed journalists and ex-TV weathermen? Science experts like SSDD?

As you've been told many times before, mountains of evidence may be found in the IPCC's five assessment reports and the thousands and thousands of peer reviewed studies to which they refer.

Where is your evidence? Blogs? Unreviewed self-published harangues by failed journalists and ex-TV weathermen? Science experts like SSDD?
And as I requested based on this ludicrous statement, provide the line from the report that states the evidence! You didn't, and you won't, because.......it isn't there.

Edit: one other thing, stop asking for evidence from us, we didn't make the claim, it is you. Duh, are you that flipppppin stoopid?

Okay folks, jc456 has just stated that the IPCC's five assessment reports contain NO evidence supporting AGW. Who here stands with him? It'll save time for the guys in the white coats if you're all standing in a group.

Okay folks, jc456 has just stated that the IPCC's five assessment reports contain NO evidence supporting AGW. Who here stands with him? It'll save time for the guys in the white coats if you're all standing in a group.

And there is no real scientific evidence that support the AGW religion.

Otherwise you AGW cult member would have posted the datasets with source code that proves your religion..

Arguing from Ignorance
Explanation
Arguments from ignorance infer that a proposition is true from the fact that it is not known to be false. Not all arguments of this form are fallacious; if it is known that if the proposition were not true then it would have been disproven, then a valid argument from ignorance may be constructed. In other cases, though, arguments from ignorance are fallacious.

Otherwise you AGW cult member would have posted the datasets with source code that proves your religion..

We HAVE given you datasets and code on numerous occasions which you, of course, hadn't the FAINTEST idea what to do with. Thus you're the same lying sack of shit you've always been.

We HAVE given you datasets and code on numerous occasions which you, of course, hadn't the FAINTEST idea what to do with. Thus you're the same lying sack of shit you've always been.

No you have not! None of it has proven the basis of the AGW religion, it is based on correlation and computer models (which has been shown to be bunk).

Good enough for me. The overwhelming majority of climate scientists accept that human activity (combustion of fossil fuels and deforestation) are the primary cause of the warming we've been experiencing since the beginning of the Industrial Revolution. It is also accepted that direct satellite measurements show the Earth to still be accumulating heat at an accelerating pace. That it is not warming up the Earth's and ocean's surface as much as it had been is a clear indication that something dramatic has changed. That would appear to be ocean circulation which now seems to be subducting warm surface waters deeper into the seas and replacing it with cooler waters from the depths. That new, cooler surface water is a big part of the reduction in surface warming on which they've all been fixating. Many of the folks here claim the "hiatus" is proof that warming has stopped and many actually claim it is proof that CO2 has no effect on the Earth's temperature - that the greenhouse effect doesn't take place.

So, if you want to talk sense into these folks, you've got your work cut out for you. Be that as it may, welcome to the Environment forum. It's good to see someone else with a functional head on their shoulders.

The USDA changed the plant hardiness zone maps in 2006, to account for the warming.

Hardiness Zone Changes

We "old folks" have noticed it too, the changing plant and animal life, and the warmer winters. Last winter, which we thought was so bad, used to be more the norm.

I have to laugh at the pantyass assholes whining and bitching because it hit below zero where they were. I used an outhouse at -20 F many a time. And am determined to never to do that again, even if I have to dig the septic by hand. Yes, last winter for the mid-West and East coast was cold. And it was warm here in Portland, Oregon. A warm summer and fall, also.

I have watched the glaciers retreat on the Cascadian volcanoes, in the Rockies, and the Seirra Nevadas. I have seen later snow and earliar thaws in the Blues. Not models, real life observations. And I have been reading peer reviewed science on this subject since the mid-60's. And all you lying assholes can go to hell. You ain't tellin' this old millwright that shit smells good. I really hold you in contempt. You are liars, and political shills. Claiming degrees and spouting idiocy.

Oh yeah, and while you are flapping your idiotic yap, remember, this ol' millwright was born in '43, and is now taking courses in a university towards a degree in Geology. And I have yet to meet an professor that agrees with the nonsense that you idiots post.

Oh yeah, and while you are flapping your idiotic yap, remember, this ol' millwright was born in '43, and is now taking courses in a university towards a degree in Geology. And I have yet to meet an professor that agrees with the nonsense that you idiots post.
Since I've been paying attention, I've watched it morph from global cooling to global warming to climate change to climate disruption to a 2 decade pause to the ocean ate my global warming.

I've watched the East Angelia Data Altering University embarrass themselves into oblivion. I've watched that fraud Michael Mann fight tooth and nail from releasing his phony data. I've watched scientists who question AGWCult Fundamentalists be treated like pariahs and I've watched silly stupid people parrot back the unscientific orthodoxy as if it were fact

Sent from smartphone using my wits and Taptalk

Excuses excuses. The place is warming up and drying out. We elderly folks notice this, and we want it stopped with out political bullshit. Is that simple enough?
you're only 50, you ain't elderly lady. oh, and you're wrong.

desperation at its finest!!!!!!!! WiNNiNg W i N N i N g

Good enough for me. The overwhelming majority of climate scientists accept that human activity (combustion of fossil fuels and deforestation) are the primary cause of the warming we've been experiencing since the beginning of the Industrial Revolution. It is also accepted that direct satellite measurements show the Earth to still be accumulating heat at an accelerating pace. That it is not warming up the Earth's and ocean's surface as much as it had been is a clear indication that something dramatic has changed. That would appear to be ocean circulation which now seems to be subducting warm surface waters deeper into the seas and replacing it with cooler waters from the depths. That new, cooler surface water is a big part of the reduction in surface warming on which they've all been fixating. Many of the folks here claim the "hiatus" is proof that warming has stopped and many actually claim it is proof that CO2 has no effect on the Earth's temperature - that the greenhouse effect doesn't take place.

So, if you want to talk sense into these folks, you've got your work cut out for you. Be that as it may, welcome to the Environment forum. It's good to see someone else with a functional head on their shoulders.
yet no evidence that any of what you claim is stated as man made anything. First the rise in CO2, cannot be proven. If you have it, present it. You Lose....accept your defeat. you have Z E R O evidence. Z E R O. Do you know what zero is? Is that even in your vocabulary? When you announce yourself do you say, Hi, I'm crick a Zero? I bet you do!!!!!! LOL. :2up: :2up:

The USDA changed the plant hardiness zone maps in 2006, to account for the warming.

Hardiness Zone Changes

We "old folks" have noticed it too, the changing plant and animal life, and the warmer winters. Last winter, which we thought was so bad, used to be more the norm.
This sh_t is just too good. Look up this word for me....WRONG

And why would you, the university gets grant money. Man are you stupid for an old fart.

Edit: Oh BTW, just because you were born in '43 doesn't mean you have intelligence.

Before the recent 2 decade pause, I don't recall the AGWCult bemoaning that the oceans were eating their missing "Warming"

I remember them saying the CO2 was melting oysters in Oregon and dissolving coral reefs, but warming???

Now, suddenly, post-Pause, the ocean apparently has eaten their "Global Warming"

Were we again, not supposed to notice that they were changing their story?

Actually Frank.. The pause caused them to actually WORK as scientists and come up with harder and better descriptions of how things work. The general public had no idea how primitive and silly their Global numbers and proxy studies really were. NOW --- they have to work for a living. That's why it's been so darn quiet.. ACTUAL science takes more time than fictional science.

Doesn't appear that they worked very hard.....they just looked for a data set that they thought they might be able to "adjust" to find the warming...turns out that the shallow southern ocean temps were just the ticket.

If they really want to find their missing heat, they need to look for it where it actually is...out in space.

The satellite data says you're full of shit. During this period in which you've claimed the Earth has stopped warming, direct measurements of the incoming and the outgoing radiation have shown a continuously increasing imbalance. The Earth has been getting warming all this time and doing so at an accelerating pace.

And the bathythermic data says we didn't see it before the pause because it wasn't taking place before the pause. The deep ocean began gathering heat at the same time as surface warming slowed. And apparently most of the slowdown in surface warming took place BECAUSE the deep oceans were taking in heat. The previously warmed surface waters were being replaced with colder water from the deep.

The OCEAN musta eaten it, as CF clearly said.

Forum List

Back