The Obesity Pandemic

It's none of your business if someone else is fat, is it?

pretty much what I was thinking. but some people have a need to poke their noses and into everyone's lives. their reason for this is they HAVE TO PAY for them or something like that. Now you see why the Federal government thinks it has a right to tell us what to eat, what size cups we should drink from, the kinds of light bulbs we are allowed to have, etc etc
Actually, obesity causes a multitude of health problems,which raises health care costs for everyone.

pogo said:
:lol: Bullshit.

"I can spend my time looking up the intricacies of hydrogenated fats, therefore everyone can. What's more I never ever have to eat or drink anything that wasn't pre-planned". :eusa_hand:

This just in -- there's more to the world than Numero Uno and his OCD lifestyle.

So the government making food mfgrs, restaurants, etc post nutritional information so people can inform themselves is just a waste of time and money? Give them a call and let them know, mmkay?

Like I said, ignorant people who choose to remain ignorant will remain so.

--- said the army of one to his mirror. :lol:

Ha, ha ... you've got nothing so you resort to joking.

Here, since you have no choice in what you put in your body and no way to find the nutritional information on food. Down the hatch!

dennys_cheeseburger_hamburger_french_fries_coke-800w_600h.jpg

pogo said:

"I can spend my time looking up the intricacies of hydrogenated fats, therefore everyone can. What's more I never ever have to eat or drink anything that wasn't pre-planned". :eusa_hand:

This just in -- there's more to the world than Numero Uno and his OCD lifestyle.

So the government making food mfgrs, restaurants, etc post nutritional information so people can inform themselves is just a waste of time and money? Give them a call and let them know, mmkay?

Here, since you have no choice in what you put in your body and no way to find the nutritional information on food. Down the hatch!

And you actually believe that because you and I know better -- that everyone else does too. Not only that but everybody has the same alternatives we do.

Life in Da Bubblez....

Again, feel free to essplain those dated maps in post 11 and how we all just suddenly decided to go that route. Funny, nobody wants to touch that one. Wonder why.

pogo said:

And you actually believe that because you and I know better -- that everyone else does too. Not only that but everybody has the same alternatives we do.

Life in Da Bubblez....

Again, feel free to essplain those dated maps in post 11 and how we all just suddenly decided to go that route. Funny, nobody wants to touch that one. Wonder why.

Most people have access to the internet, and most of them can do it on the go. Why is obesity increasing? Because people are choosing to not inform themselves, choosing to eat crap, choosing to sit on their ass and watch whatever is on. By product of that? Fat and/or obese.

pogo said:

Life in Da Bubblez....

Most people have access to the internet, and most of them can do it on the go. Why is obesity increasing? Because people are choosing to not inform themselves, choosing to eat crap, choosing to sit on their ass and watch whatever is on. By product of that? Fat and/or obese.

Go on....
answer the question WHY the nation, as a nation, suddenly decided in the last two decades to do that. Aye, there's the rub.

Actually that time frame coincides with the emergence of the Internet. By your logic obesity should have decreased thanks to the well of information.

:eusa_whistle:

pretty much what I was thinking. but some people have a need to poke their noses and into everyone's lives. their reason for this is they HAVE TO PAY for them or something like that. Now you see why the Federal government thinks it has a right to tell us what to eat, what size cups we should drink from, the kinds of light bulbs we are allowed to have, etc etc
Actually, obesity causes a multitude of health problems,which raises health care costs for everyone.

One can say that about any activity. Its like the commerce clause with you idiots.

Life in Da Bubblez....

Go on....
answer the question WHY the nation, as a nation, suddenly decided in the last two decades to do that. Aye, there's the rub.

Actually that time frame coincides with the emergence of the Internet. By your logic obesity should have decreased thanks to the well of information.

Speaking of the last twenty years, technology has boomed during this time and is also playing an enormous part in people being/becoming fat. It's both a blessing and a curse. Kids sit on their asses in front of a tv/computer/gaming system/phone munching away. Blimpy happens. School's nixing recess is a big mistake as well. Just wait until pot is legal all over and the munchies set in! It's a choice that people make, why are you just putting blame on big food companies?

Life in Da Bubblez....

Go on....

Speaking of the last twenty years, technology has boomed during this time and is also playing an enormous part in people being/becoming fat. It's both a blessing and a curse. Kids sit on their asses in front of a tv/computer/gaming system/phone munching away. Blimpy happens. School's nixing recess is a big mistake as well. Just wait until pot is legal all over and the munchies set in! It's a choice that people make, why are you just putting blame on big food companies?

I'm not the one who tried to put blame on a single source, Homes. That would be you. I've been showing you it's more complex than the choices individuals make. Looks like you're beginning to see that.

Life in Da Bubblez....

Go on....

I'm not the one who tried to put blame on a single source, Homes. That would be you. I've been showing you it's more complex than the choices individuals make. Looks like you're beginning to see that.

Not really, it isn't. People are responsible for what they put into their mouths. Is the fat/sugar/salt combo a draw? Yes. Is sitting a watching/playing vids/games a draw? Yes. But ultimately is comes down to choice, ultimately it comes down to what an individual chooses to put in their mouth, chooses to inform themselves with, chooses to put down the remote/phone/computer, chooses to move, chooses to cook vs. eating out. Who is forcing you to eat crap?

By that logic it's none of your business if somebody notices an epidemic that reaches everybody, is it?
:talktothehand:
Obesity is not an epidemic.

In case you haven't figured this out yet obesity is a choice not a disease.

Is it really. :rolleyes:

ep·i·dem·ic
adjective \ˌe-pə-ˈde-mik\
: affecting or tending to affect a disproportionately large number of individuals within a population, community, or region at the same time <typhoid was epidemic>

cdc_obesity_trend_map.jpg

I must have missed it but apparently we all had a meeting to "choose" to get fat in the last two decades.

Looks like the meeting took place in the South -- maybe Louisiana. Which is odd since that's where I was living at the time. Why didn't they call me for this meeting? Damn. I bet they served beignets too.
If people didn't choose to get fat then how did they get fat?

Is fat contagious? Is fat a transmissible disease?

The answer to both is a resounding NO.

So now you tell me how all these people got fat if it was not by their own hand? Did someone tie them down and force feed them Big Macs and Twinkies?

No one is holding a gun to your (collective) head forcing you to eat Doritos, Snickers, MickeyD's, etc. Is the sugar/fat/salt combo a strong draw? Oh, absolutely. But that's all it is, a draw. The majority of it is people making the choice to eat shit. The don't know how bad a regular diet of crap is? Please. Of course they do, they just choose to ignore it. They have dietary, nutritional, physical fitness, exercise info at their fingertips via the interwebs. They know. Huge part of the problem is that so many do not understand/practice moderation. Candy bar once in a while, no big deal. Same with anything else. It's the steady, consistent eating of crap that is the problem. Laziness absolutely is a big part of it as well.

Ignorant pap.

Not everyone has the time or background to sit on the interwebs looking up the latest dastardly plan in HFCS or GMOs. But on the other hand being mammals, everybody's gotta eat, all the time. As noted elsewhere, they have labs working 24/7 to get the next competitive profit edge though development of the newest synthetic poison. We get 30 seconds to read a label that gives us a lot of gibberish.

And that's only in the grocery store -- in a restaurant, faggetaboudit.

"Choice" my ass. That's a "Choice" in the same sense that I can "choose" to buy a Daihatsu. Sorry, going for a drink and finding the options are Coke, Pepsi or 7-Up, that's not a 'choice'.
Excuses.

Everyone who is a fat fuck knows that if they ate less and got off their asses more that they would lose weight.

Yes it really is that simple.

So? You still have no right regulate another person's weight.

Therefore it's none of your business.

By that logic it's none of your business if somebody notices an epidemic that reaches everybody, is it?

ep·i·dem·ic
: affecting or tending to affect a disproportionately large number of individuals within a population, community, or region at the same time <typhoid was epidemic>

I must have missed it but apparently we all had a meeting to "choose" to get fat in the last two decades.

Looks like the meeting took place in the South -- maybe Louisiana. Which is odd since that's where I was living at the time. Why didn't they call me for this meeting? Damn. I bet they served beignets too.

So now you tell me how all these people got fat if it was not by their own hand? Did someone tie them down and force feed them Big Macs and Twinkies?

Explain the dates then. Show me the minutes of that meeting where America decided to start eating more.

Oopsie.

ep·i·dem·ic

Explain the dates then. Show me the minutes of that meeting where America decided to start eating more.

Oopsie.

Why don't you show me who is making people eat more against their will?

Yes it is because over-eating is a choice & results in a whole host of illness' resulting in the raising of the price of premiums Skull Pilot

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using Tapatalk
Sorry still none of your business.

So we don't have the right to examine what's going on? It's "none of our buisness" what the food supply contains? It's "none of our business" what effects HFCS and GMO and trans fats and vast increases in sugar and transmogrified wheat have on us and we should just shut up and gurgle, "yes master may I have another"?

ep·i·dem·ic

Oopsie.

Don't have an answer, do ya?
There's a reason for that.

To me, America's obesity problem is not the real issue when it comes to nutrition.
The fact that most obese people in America are in fact malnourished AT THE SAME TIME is downright startling. You would obviously think that it would be impossible to be significantly overweight and malnourished. But in America, it is not only possible, but normal.
And THAT is the real issue. The quality of food in America is in critical decline. And only a few folks are talking about it.

Yes it is because over-eating is a choice & results in a whole host of illness' resulting in the raising of the price of premiums Skull Pilot

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using Tapatalk
Sorry still none of your business.

So we don't have the right to examine what's going on? It's "none of our buisness" what the food supply contains? It's "none of our business" what effects HFCS and GMO and trans fats and vast increases in sugar and transmogrified wheat have on us and we should just shut up and gurgle, "yes master may I have another"?
Examine it all the fuck you want but there is absolutely nothing you can do to force fat people to lose weight.

Ask any adult if eating less junk and eating more vegetables will result in weight loss then ask them if eating less and exercising more will result in even more weight loss and see how many people already know the truth.

Those that know and are still fat anyway are choosing to be fat.

If those people choose to be fat why is it any of your business?

ep·i·dem·ic

Oopsie.

Don't have an answer, do ya?
There's a reason for that.
You don't seem to have an answer to my question either do you?

Forum List

Back