It's Melanoma: Welcome to My Recovery Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mad Scientist

Feels Good!
Sep 15, 2008
Doc gave me the bad news just a few hours ago. The mole that was directly on the back of my head is Melanoma.

He chopped it off last week and sent it to be biopsied. It was the size of half yer index finger to the first knuckle. About a year ago I was noticing this little irritating thing on the back of my head when I combed my hair. My wife said it looked like an ingrown hair, of which I've had plenty over the years so I thought nothing of it. Until it started to grow. And itch. And bleed.

I'll post a disgusting pic of it later along with my post-op scar! It sorta looks like a rotten, crusty raspberry! Besides, what good is a Disease thread without pics right? I know, I have a sick, twisted sense of humour. Comes from all those years reading Mad Magazine!

Anyway, judging by the info the Doc gave me it's either a Stage 2C or Stage 3A,B or C. Doc can't do any more for me by himself so he's gonna' refer me to the University of Maryland for further tests. If it has spread to my Lymph Nodes then it's Stage 4.

Either way, I'm pretty certain I'm not gonna' go the way of Modern Western Medicine. Sure, if you've been in a car accident and have multiple injuries then yeah, Modern Western Emergency Medicine is great! But for Cancer? Not so much.

I'm sure they're gonna' want to do one or more of the following:

1. Cut (Surgery)
2. Burn (Radiation)
3. Poison (Drugs)

Well they've already cut, and I wouldn't mind them having to cut some more but Poison and Burn? Uh, I don't think so. So what am I gonna' do? Ever heard of Gerson Therapy?

Gerson Institute

This will be an ongoing thread to document my success or failure, whatever may happen.

Feel free to chime in and say whatever you want including criticisms of my plan. It's ok, i can take it!

But most of all: Please keep me in your Prayers! Thank you!

Mad Scientist.

I would caution you on just using alternate therapies Mad. To me it makes more sense to use traditional methods and then nontraditional ones to counter the negatives of drugs or burning. Keep your head in the right space and the rest will follow.

btw...can you do us squeamish folks a favor and use the spoiler tags when you post pics? That way those that wanna see it can..and those that don't, won't have to bleach their eyes :D

Because laughter is the best medicine, I give you this:

Buck Melanoma, Moley Russell's Wart.

Hopefully, you get better soon.

Mad, read EVERYTHING you can get your hands on. Google furiously. I just did, about your situation. Lots of info out there. Then decide what is best for you and your success.

radiation from the tv too. Aim the back of yer head at the tv or monitor and use a mirror to watch and read. Radiate it yerself, lol.

Doc gave me the bad news just a few hours ago. The mole that was directly on the back of my head is Melanoma.

He chopped it off last week and sent it to be biopsied. It was the size of half yer index finger to the first knuckle. About a year ago I was noticing this little irritating thing on the back of my head when I combed my hair. My wife said it looked like an ingrown hair, of which I've had plenty over the years so I thought nothing of it. Until it started to grow. And itch. And bleed.

I'll post a disgusting pic of it later along with my post-op scar! It sorta looks like a rotten, crusty raspberry! Besides, what good is a Disease thread without pics right? I know, I have a sick, twisted sense of humour. Comes from all those years reading Mad Magazine!

Anyway, judging by the info the Doc gave me it's either a Stage 2C or Stage 3A,B or C. Doc can't do any more for me by himself so he's gonna' refer me to the University of Maryland for further tests. If it has spread to my Lymph Nodes then it's Stage 4.

Either way, I'm pretty certain I'm not gonna' go the way of Modern Western Medicine. Sure, if you've been in a car accident and have multiple injuries then yeah, Modern Western Emergency Medicine is great! But for Cancer? Not so much.

1. Cut (Surgery)
2. Burn (Radiation)
3. Poison (Drugs)

Well they've already cut, and I wouldn't mind them having to cut some more but Poison and Burn? Uh, I don't think so. So what am I gonna' do? Ever heard of Gerson Therapy?

Gerson Institute

This will be an ongoing thread to document my success or failure, whatever may happen.

Feel free to chime in and say whatever you want including criticisms of my plan. It's ok, i can take it!

Mad Scientist.

Well fuck-a-shit-piss!!!

I got one of those thingies too.

Better get to the doc before the deductible jumps 333 1/3% in January.

1. Cut (Surgery)
2. Burn (Radiation)
3. Poison (Drugs)

Gerson Institute

Mad Scientist.

I got told the same shit, cut, poison or radiate.

I checked into cryrosurgery, and never got cut, poisoned or radiated, just froze the tumor.

Don't mess around, RR. Get thee to doc. I had a couple of wartlike thingies appearing on my skin and had them checked out. Forgot the name of them but they are harmless. Look like big freckles..or moles..BIG. But flat. I call them age spots. He called them something else but it was some weird name.

Anywho...don't delay. Catching the Big C early is key.

1. Cut (Surgery)
2. Burn (Radiation)
3. Poison (Drugs)

Gerson Institute

Mad Scientist.

I got told the same shit, cut, poison or radiate.

I checked into cryrosurgery, and never got cut, poisoned or radiated, just froze the tumor.

Brain freeze?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back