The Obesity Epidemic

Come on, it was just an animated gif of a standing ovation. I could've used one with people of all ages, but it just happened to be the one I found.

And you're still kind of ignoring the point about having a big picture perspective. And an eternal perspective.
My fate is in God's hands. That's my perspective.

Conversion to perfection is a process, not an event. My new year's resolution is to care a bit more about my health. I won't be removing meat, eggs, or dairy from my diet, however.
Maybe instead of YOUR health you should focus on KINDNESS and MERCY. You know, the attributes of the Sermon on the Mount.
If you do that, God will take care of the other for you

If you knew what was actually happening to God's creatures....I kind of doubt you'd still be saying that.
I've worked in a slaughterhouse, am an avid hunter, and worked as a meat cutter. I pretty much know what happens to animals. This one got shot with an arrow (that's me on the left). Shades of Esau's venison. ;)

Slim, trim, and active at age 70 (when picture was taken). :cool:
Last kill, 2010.jpg

Ponder this as you depart. If God was going to restore "Eden" why command that millions of animals of all sorts be sacrificed in bloody religious rituals?

Last edited:
I've worked in a slaughterhouse, am an avid hunter, and worked as a meat cutter. I pretty much know what happens to animals. This one got shot with an arrow (that's me on the left).

View attachment 744133

Ponder this as you depart. If God was going to restore "Eden" why command that millions of animals of all sorts be sacrificed in religious rituals?

42471605-317747985702545-9098245399629241835-n-1.jpg

Ponder this as you depart. If God was going to restore "Eden" why command that millions of animals of all sorts be sacrificed in bloody religious rituals?

God never really wanted animal sacrifices in the first place. It was a common practice that was already taking place in many cultures (some say it originated in Egypt.) And because people were already sacrificing animals (to false gods), God enacted laws on animal sacrifice, I believe for several reasons. But it was always meant to be a temporary thing. God sometimes works with us where we're at, in order to get us to where He wants us to go.

Please read these passages. I'll bold the pertinent parts.

Psalm 40:6​
Sacrifice and offering You did not desire;
My ears You have opened.​
Burnt offering and sin offering You did not require.​
Psalm 51:16-17​
For You do not desire sacrifice, or else I would give it;​
You do not delight in burnt offering.
The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit,​
A broken and a contrite heart—​
These, O God, You will not despise.​
Proverbs 21:3​
To do righteousness and justice​
Is more acceptable to the Lord than sacrifice.​
Jeremiah 7:22-24​
For I did not speak to your fathers, or command them in the day that I brought them out of the land of Egypt, concerning burnt offerings or sacrifices. But this is what I commanded them, saying, ‘Obey My voice, and I will be your God, and you shall be My people. And walk in all the ways that I have commanded you, that it may be well with you.’ Yet they did not obey or incline their ear, but followed the counsels and the dictates of their evil hearts, and went backward and not forward.​
Hosea 6:6​
For I desire mercy and not sacrifice,
And the knowledge of God more than burnt offerings.​
1 Samuel 15:22​
But Samuel replied:​
“Does the Lord delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices​
as much as in obeying the Lord?​
To obey is better than sacrifice,
and to heed is better than the fat of rams.​
Isaiah 1:11-17​
“To what purpose is the multitude of your sacrifices to Me?”​
Says the Lord.​
“I have had enough of burnt offerings of rams​
And the fat of fed cattle.​
I do not delight in the blood of bulls,
Or of lambs or goats.
“When you come to appear before Me,​
Who has required this from your hand,​
To trample My courts?​
Bring no more futile sacrifices;​
Incense is an abomination to Me.​
The New Moons, the Sabbaths, and the calling of assemblies—​
I cannot endure iniquity and the sacred meeting.​
Your New Moons and your appointed feasts​
My soul hates;​
They are a trouble to Me,​
I am weary of bearing them.​
When you spread out your hands,​
I will hide My eyes from you;​
Even though you make many prayers,​
I will not hear.​
Your hands are full of blood.​
“Wash yourselves, make yourselves clean;​
Put away the evil of your doings from before My eyes.​
Cease to do evil,
Learn to do good;
Seek justice,
Rebuke the oppressor;
Defend the fatherless,
Plead for the widow.
Micah 6:8​
He has shown you, O man, what is good;​
And what does the Lord require of you​
But to do justly,
To love mercy,
And to walk humbly with your God?​

Last edited:
I've answers this in this very thread. Maybe you should pay attention if you're legitimately interested in the Truth

God never really wanted animal sacrifices in the first place. It was a common practice that was already taking place in many cultures (some say it originated in Egypt.) And because people were already sacrificing animals (to false gods), God enacted laws on animal sacrifice, I believe for several reasons. But it was always meant to be a temporary thing. God sometimes works with us where we're at, in order to get us to where He wants us to go.

Please read these passages. I'll bold the pertinent parts.

Psalm 40:6​
Sacrifice and offering You did not desire;
My ears You have opened.​
Burnt offering and sin offering You did not require.​
Psalm 51:16-17​
For You do not desire sacrifice, or else I would give it;​
You do not delight in burnt offering.
The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit,​
A broken and a contrite heart—​
These, O God, You will not despise.​
Proverbs 21:3​
To do righteousness and justice​
Is more acceptable to the Lord than sacrifice.​
Jeremiah 7:22-24​
For I did not speak to your fathers, or command them in the day that I brought them out of the land of Egypt, concerning burnt offerings or sacrifices. But this is what I commanded them, saying, ‘Obey My voice, and I will be your God, and you shall be My people. And walk in all the ways that I have commanded you, that it may be well with you.’ Yet they did not obey or incline their ear, but followed the counsels and the dictates of their evil hearts, and went backward and not forward.​
Hosea 6:6​
For I desire mercy and not sacrifice,
And the knowledge of God more than burnt offerings.​
1 Samuel 15:22​
But Samuel replied:​
“Does the Lord delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices​
as much as in obeying the Lord?​
To obey is better than sacrifice,
and to heed is better than the fat of rams.​
Isaiah 1:11-17​
“To what purpose is the multitude of your sacrifices to Me?”​
Says the Lord.​
“I have had enough of burnt offerings of rams​
And the fat of fed cattle.​
I do not delight in the blood of bulls,
Or of lambs or goats.
“When you come to appear before Me,​
Who has required this from your hand,​
To trample My courts?​
Bring no more futile sacrifices;​
Incense is an abomination to Me.​
The New Moons, the Sabbaths, and the calling of assemblies—​
I cannot endure iniquity and the sacred meeting.​
Your New Moons and your appointed feasts​
My soul hates;​
They are a trouble to Me,​
I am weary of bearing them.​
When you spread out your hands,​
I will hide My eyes from you;​
Even though you make many prayers,​
I will not hear.​
Your hands are full of blood.​
“Wash yourselves, make yourselves clean;​
Put away the evil of your doings from before My eyes.​
Cease to do evil,
Learn to do good;
Seek justice,
Rebuke the oppressor;
Defend the fatherless,
Plead for the widow.
Micah 6:8​
He has shown you, O man, what is good;​
And what does the Lord require of you​
But to do justly,
To love mercy,
And to walk humbly with your God?​
Of course, God didn't like doing it, but it was a necessary part of his plan of rehabilitating Israel. Parents don't like to punish their kids either, but it's often necessary (note that Dr. Spock's 'no corporal' punishment program has failed abysmally, by his own admission).

I believe Jesus ran a bunch of these off a cliff and into the sea.:omg:

D.A was right. You're trying really hard to justify your past actions, even to the point of ignoring TONS and TONS of scriptures you don't want to acknowledge (about mercy, kindness, peace, etc) while hand-picking a few to twist into making it seem like God doesn't care about animals. Disgusting.

There is no biblical ordinance against eating meat.

There are tons of commands to be merciful though. And there's nothing merciful about paying someone to abuse, torture and then kill an innocent animal, when you don't have to. Let's get real here, it's done out of selfishness.

D.A was right. You're trying really hard to justify your past actions, even to the point of ignoring TONS and TONS of scriptures you don't want to acknowledge (about mercy, kindness, peace, etc) while hand-picking a few to twist into making it seem like God doesn't care about animals. Disgusting.
Jesus ran them off because they are unclean (not fit for food) and because they represent the evil spirits that he sent into them. Pretty profound I'd say.

There are tons of commands to be merciful though. And there's nothing merciful about paying someone to abuse, torture and then kill an innocent animal, when you don't have to. Let's get real here, it's done out of selfishness.
God created and ordained even the kind of animals that were good for food, and able to be 'shepherded' by man. Recall that Jesus ate meat, which actually is the lynchpin of the whole discussion.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back