Ozempic "weight loss" drug craze is causing serious problems for diabetics.

MarathonMike

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2014
The Southwestern Desert
Social media hype is driving a craze in Ozempic as a weight loss drug. Unfortunately it is intended for diabetics, but the buying frenzy is causing serious shortages for people who need it. Here's an idea, get off your fat asses, exercise and cut your calories. Leave Ozempic for the diabetics.

Social media hype is driving a craze in Ozempic as a weight loss drug. Unfortunately it is intended for diabetics, but the buying frenzy is causing serious shortages for people who need it. Here's an idea, get off your fat asses, exercise and cut your calories. Leave Ozempic for the diabetics.

Well you could say the very same for people who have Type 2 Diabetes. But I don't, because I think our crappy food is to blame for much of our obesity problem.

I don't think a drug can be better than diet and exorcise but if it works for some people I don't see much harm...
The drug Ozempic is causing a lot of harm. Once you start taking it, it alters your digestive process forever as you need to take it for life.

Some people are messed up forever as their digestive process essentially stops.

Oprah and Big Pharma are pushing the drug telling people the have no control over themselves and to just take the drug.

Meanwhile, in Europe, it has not been approved as safe.

The drug Ozempic is causing a lot of harm. Once you start taking it, it alters your digestive process forever as you need to take it for life.

Oprah and Big Pharma are pushing the drug telling people the have no control over themselves and to just take the drug.

you can stop but the overweight individual will experience some side effects like changes in their blood pressure, blood sugar, and a few other things.....basically they may have gotten rid of 1 problem to now have 1 or 2 new ones....

Maybe not, I just don't like to see people reaching for drugs to solve every problem. Especially if it affects people that really need the drug.
Well yes the people who need it should get it first these actors in Hollywood are popping them like skittles...

Some mythology here,

I never tried diet pills and never will. I have had been very successful losing a lot of weight simply by diet and exercise. I recently lost 30 lbs in last few months through diet alone. I will start exercising as my weight keeps going down and the pounds get harder to lose.

I previously have lost as much as 85 lbs before about 8 years ago. About 15 years ago I lost like 75 lbs. Around 20 years ago I lost 65+ lbs I would say.
Now I have lost 30 lbs on the current weight loss program I am on and plan to lose 100 lbs. All weight loss done with no need for diet drugs/ pills.

Forum List

Back