"The Obamacare implosion is worse than you think"

Ninety nine pages of whining about something every moral, considerate person would be proud to support. America grows sadder as the whiners of the right and the money that manages their minds wins elections for morons who suckle at the teat of government while they do nothing, nothing at all. Whine on whiny Americans whine on.

Ninety nine pages of whining about something every moral, considerate person would be proud to support. America grows sadder as the whiners of the right and the money that manages their minds wins elections for morons who suckle at the teat of government while they do nothing, nothing at all. Whine on whiny Americans whine on.

Just like abortions. Moral and considerate? I laugh at you.
I get tired of you people who try and take the self proclaimed high ground on obummercare, and yet turn around and proclaim that the killing of life of an unborn baby is a woman's right.
Moral and considerate....yeah right.

Can you say hypocrite? I bet you can.

Long but great read:

They Had a Dream | The Weekly Standard

Rule by experts comes a cropper

They had a dream. For almost a hundred years now, the famed academic-artistic-and-punditry industrial complex has dreamed of a government run by their kind of people (i.e., nature’s noblemen), whose intelligence, wit, and refined sensibilities would bring us a heaven on earth. Their keen intellects would cut through the clutter as mere mortals’ couldn’t. They would lift up the wretched, oppressed by cruel forces. Above all, they would counter the greed of the merchants, the limited views of the business community, and the ignorance of the conformist and dim middle class.

Out of sorts and out of office after 1828, when power passed from the Adamses to the children of burghers and immigrants, they had begun to strike back by the 1920s, led by the likes of George Bernard Shaw, H. G. Wells, H. L. Mencken, Herbert Croly, and Sinclair Lewis. Their stock in trade was their belief in themselves, and their contempt for the way the middle class thought, lived, and made and spent money: Commerce was crude, consumption was vulgar, and industry, which employed millions and improved the lives of many more people, too gross and/or grubby for words. “For the American critics of mass culture, it was the good times of the 1920s, not the depression of the 1930s, that proved terrifying,” says Fred Siegel, whose book The Revolt Against the Masses describes and eviscerates this group and its aspirations. In their dream world, “intellectuals, as well as poet-leaders, experts, and social scientists such as themselves would lead the regime,” as Siegel tells us. “It was thus a crucial imperative to constrain the conventional and often corrupt politics of middle-class capitalists so that these far-seeing leaders might obtain the recognition and power that was only their due.”

Great read Amelia. Thanks for posting.

"The Affordable Care Act looked for advice to academics, not governors, and proposed the state takeover of an industrial complex responsible for one-sixth of the gross national product based not on what had been proved to work through experience, but on what some intellectuals had guessed might work. If a camel is a horse designed by a committee, this camel was a 2,801-page non-bestseller filled with labyrinthine riddles that nobody seemed to know how to solve. To insure approximately 18 million out of 300-plus million Americans (they confessed the plan would still leave 20 million uninsured), they proposed to spend trillions on a reengineering of the entire system that would in time cause 80 to 100 million of the currently insured to lose and to seek new insurance."

Yeah, it's called human nature and "free will."

Natural law by which human beings do not agree to be "forced by govt" to
do or manage things we normally manage better on our own by free will.

What baffles me is that liberal Democrats fight to the end over "freedom of choice"
but have zero concept when it comes to free choice in health care. ????
You'll have to wait until 2016 or 17 for that to shake out.

Yeah, it's called human nature and "free will."

Natural law by which human beings do not agree to be "forced by govt" to
do or manage things we normally manage better on our own by free will.

What baffles me is that liberal Democrats fight to the end over "freedom of choice"
but have zero concept when it comes to free choice in health care. ????

freedom of choice for their agenda items. beyond that, they love their infringements

Forum List

Back