The NRA wants to prevent hearing loss. So...

You can find a better excuse than protecting hearing. lmao...If you like suppressors thats fine. But dont pretend this is about combating hearing loss.
Many ranges in Europe REQUIRE suppressors to be used.
Many desert animals burrow in the ground to stay cool.
Are you intoxicated?

Are you retarded?

*sigh* Sarcasm isnt for everyone.....I posted about hearing loss and the NRA and you decide its a fine time to tell me about what Europe requires at a shooting range. So I thought this was random fact time and told you about desert animals. Since neither tie in to what tf I'm talking about.
My point (you fucking moron) is that suppressors ARE used for hearing protection, no matter how much you may screech to the contrary.

He is obviously in the middle of some sort of bread down....someone should call his nurse and wheel him back to his room......then heavily sedate him for his own protection...

Here...this explains the issue really well...even a stupid, left wing nut job should be able to understand it...but I won't hold my breath....

Liberals Don't Understand How Gun 'Silencers' Work. Here Are The Facts

“But why don’t you just wear ear plugs or over-the-ear hearing protection instead of using a suppressor?” you might ask. It’s a good question. There are a number of reasons why suppressors make sense even if you always double up on ear protection (ear plugs and over-the-ear muffs) when you’re at the range or hunting game. Standard over-the-ear hearing protection combined with the use of ear plugs will reduce the sound of a gunshot by about 30-35 dB, the same reduction as a suppressor. So standard hearing protection, which is far cheaper, obviously makes more sense than getting a suppressor, right?

Wrong, for two reasons. First, sustained exposure to volumes in the 130-140 dB range, which is what you would experience shooting a typical AR-15 with doubled-up hearing protection, will undoubtedly wreak havoc on your hearing. Just ask anybody who works on a flight line or who hunts regularly. There’s no good reason to make it hard for law-abiding citizens to double-up on hearing protection and use a suppressor to reduce the likelihood of permanent hearing damage.

The second reason, and the reason that bears directly on the Second Amendment right to defend yourself with arms if necessary, is that home invaders are not likely to give you an extra minute or two to put the foamies in your ears and locate your earmuffs before they start murdering you and your family.

Plus, when you hear someone break into your home and you grab your gun and enter the hallway and place yourself between the intruders and your children’s bedrooms, you want to hear every last whisper and footstep so you know exactly where the home invaders are, what they’re saying, where they’re going, and how quickly they’re doing so. If you are required to shoot those intruders in that hallway, or next to your children’s bedrooms, you’ll likely neutralize them. But in the process, you’ll probably deafen yourself and your family. And for what reason? Because some Hollywood ignoramus thinks “silencers” will turn everyone into Jason Bourne?

We’ve already established that there are multiple legitimate, legal reasons for homeowners or hunters to use suppressors to protect their hearing. What about criminals, though? Wouldn’t they also desire that same increased access to the tools of every Hollywood assassin?

Not really. For starters, if a criminal wanted to make a suppressor, it wouldn’t take much time. A suppressor for a gun isn’t much different than a muffler for a car. It’s a tube of metal with some baffles inside. That’s it. It takes far more time, effort, money, and expertise to build your own rifle in your garage (a process that is entirely legal) than it does to make your own suppressor (a felony). So why aren’t criminals building their own suppressors in droves?

Because it doesn’t make any sense for them to do so. Why? Because as we now know, so-called silencers don’t make anything silent. They merely take something that is deafening and make it not-deafening. At the same time, they make a firearm heavier, longer, less accurate, and therefore less lethal. Criminals tend to use firearms that are cheap, easy to find, and easy to conceal. Suppressed guns are anything but that.

15965913_1240726789310409_6722131482846627523_n.jpg

LMAO!!! I want to protect the world from Diabetes so send me your Pecan pies. Now if you want a silencer...whatever. Just dont pretend its for the cause of hearing loss prevention. Thats just goofy

Typical uber-lib getting his talking points from Hollywood. Look idiot, there are no silencers. Only in a Hollywood movie do “silencers” hide the sound completely. Suppressors simply lower the decibel rating of the sound of the discharge and do so to protect hearing. What is just goofy is your post showing that your total ignorance on a subject is no bar to your mouthing off.

That's what happens when dumbass Liberals believe everything they see on TV.

15965913_1240726789310409_6722131482846627523_n.jpg

LMAO!!! I want to protect the world from Diabetes so send me your Pecan pies. Now if you want a silencer...whatever. Just dont pretend its for the cause of hearing loss prevention. Thats just goofy

You don't want to prevent hearing loss?

If I or anyone uses a sound suppressor in such a way that I'm not infringing on the rights of another, why in the world would you care?

Did no one tell you as a child to mind your own business?

I dont care, just dont pretend this is about being against deafness is all. Its silly, like if a child says they want a pony because ponies are endangered.

How I choose to protect my hearing should be my business.

It is...just dont pee on someone and tell them its raining. Then when someone says thats pee dont scream "mind your business"

Not into golden showers, but thanks.

Forum List

Back