CDZ The NFL should immediately adopt new rules and guidelines pertaining to

as far as i am concerned

not even worth watching

time can be better spent elsewhere

anyone trying to highjack the sport, highjack it's half time shows or highjack it's brands for the purposes of political statements and/or attacks to be strategically used by way of it's access to millions of viewers. Anyone doing so or attempting such a thing should be banned from the game for no less than 2 years.
Why should they do that instead of honoring the right of free speech? I could see if it hurt their bottom line but they understand even bad pub creates dollars for their coffers.
. While working for a company, and while on company property in company uniform, your speech is limited to that which promotes and enhances your job, and when you take off that uniform, and leave company property, then you have total freedom of speech once go into the public domain where the freedom of your speech is government protected and honored. I can't just make a huge disturbance at my job without being punished or fired, and the same should go for working within the NFL.
Thats not true. You always have free speech. Most people confuse free speech with freedom of consequences from that speech. I dont know anyone that could force me not to say something.
. Say the wrong thing at your job, and you will find out, and you will find out that your protection to say what you think ended when you walked into plant property, just as well in some cases with the clothes or shoes you wear, your hair length etc. While out on the sidewalk (AKA) the picket lines it is a different story. You have all your rights that government gives you there, but once enter private property some things change.
My protection? The 1rst amendment has nothing to do with your job unless you work for the government. It doesnt protect you from being fired. Even so no matter what they do to you no one can keep you from saying something.
. Your right no one can keep you from saying something, but when you do, and it violates company policy, then you can be fired for it. If don't like that then get another job as I have been told here many times. Now are all you libs gonna be hypocrites ? Well of course you are.

anyone trying to highjack the sport, highjack it's half time shows or highjack it's brands for the purposes of political statements and/or attacks to be strategically used by way of it's access to millions of viewers. Anyone doing so or attempting such a thing should be banned from the game for no less than 2 years.

Better yet, stop watching the games and stop buying the products advertised during those games. That is the only way to stop that kind of nonsense. Hit 'em in the pocket book.

More rules we don't need.

No, the NFL should not do that.
. Yes they should do just that... People are tired of everything being high jacked by these idiots who are given opportunity in life, but then want to use their opportunities to cause chaos and mayhem once graduate to a position of power. There has to be protections put in place by institutions that don't want their businesses or sports organisations ruined by radicals using them for personal platforms to reach their followers from. This nation has lost it's marbles is what has happened in all of this. Like I said before "the game is not a mall in Washington DC", and it doesn't have to put up with the bull crap.

. You love living within a nation that has lost it's identity don't you ? Brainwashing is the very thing used on a people who have lost their way in life, so is it that you fear a nation that might not be fooled or brainwashed so easily anymore ? The (Democrat) party might be over as a force in this nation, and this is when a nation finally sobers up to realize it had been had by them for way to long now.
You can have an identity without being brainwashed. You cant hope to maintain a false identity when you are the opposite of what you claim you are.
. There are times and places to do politically motivated things, but high jacking sporting events, concerts or any other high profile event for political purposes is wrong to those who came there, and paid big money to see a game, concert or what ever the event is, but instead has to put up with politically motivated radicals stealing their show, money, and reason for coming to such events be it in the future or the present if it keeps getting worse.
i disagree. if you are a big star and have a platform then you can bring attention to a political point. Not only has this been done before it will continue to be done. You cant put people in a box because you dont like their politics. They have the same freedom of speech you do. if people dont want to come and watch then they are free to do that.
. Your not free to ruin your companies business for your personal bull crap, and the NFL is a business not a public park in Washington DC.
Who said their business was being ruined? BTW yes you are free to ruin your business. You can shut it all down anytime you want to.
. I meant ruin the company that you work for, their business. You don't have that right, but you think otherwise and I know why. Like I said before that it's high time companies start excersizing their right to be free from being highjacked by radicals or groups trying to use their platforms to cause trouble, and to rob the paid customers of the experience sought after when purchased the high dollar tickets.

Why should they do that instead of honoring the right of free speech? I could see if it hurt their bottom line but they understand even bad pub creates dollars for their coffers.
. While working for a company, and while on company property in company uniform, your speech is limited to that which promotes and enhances your job, and when you take off that uniform, and leave company property, then you have total freedom of speech once go into the public domain where the freedom of your speech is government protected and honored. I can't just make a huge disturbance at my job without being punished or fired, and the same should go for working within the NFL.
Thats not true. You always have free speech. Most people confuse free speech with freedom of consequences from that speech. I dont know anyone that could force me not to say something.
. Say the wrong thing at your job, and you will find out, and you will find out that your protection to say what you think ended when you walked into plant property, just as well in some cases with the clothes or shoes you wear, your hair length etc. While out on the sidewalk (AKA) the picket lines it is a different story. You have all your rights that government gives you there, but once enter private property some things change.
My protection? The 1rst amendment has nothing to do with your job unless you work for the government. It doesnt protect you from being fired. Even so no matter what they do to you no one can keep you from saying something.
. Your right no one can keep you from saying something, but when you do, and it violates company policy, then you can be fired for it. If don't like that then get another job as I have been told here many times. Now are all you libs gonna be hypocrites ? Well of course you are.
I think your missing the point that he hasnt been fired from his job. He is still making millions and people are paying to see the game. I agree with you. Thats why I am proud he said what he said.

Better yet, stop watching the games and stop buying the products advertised during those games. That is the only way to stop that kind of nonsense. Hit 'em in the pocket book.

More rules we don't need.
Exactly. if you have a problem with what he did then stop watching football. Whining about on the internet is really just showing how much of a hypocrite you are if you keep generating revenue for the team that he works for.

You can have an identity without being brainwashed. You cant hope to maintain a false identity when you are the opposite of what you claim you are.
. There are times and places to do politically motivated things, but high jacking sporting events, concerts or any other high profile event for political purposes is wrong to those who came there, and paid big money to see a game, concert or what ever the event is, but instead has to put up with politically motivated radicals stealing their show, money, and reason for coming to such events be it in the future or the present if it keeps getting worse.
i disagree. if you are a big star and have a platform then you can bring attention to a political point. Not only has this been done before it will continue to be done. You cant put people in a box because you dont like their politics. They have the same freedom of speech you do. if people dont want to come and watch then they are free to do that.
. Your not free to ruin your companies business for your personal bull crap, and the NFL is a business not a public park in Washington DC.
Who said their business was being ruined? BTW yes you are free to ruin your business. You can shut it all down anytime you want to.
. I meant ruin the company that you work for, their business. You don't have that right, but you think otherwise and I know why. Like I said before that it's high time companies start excersizing their right to be free from being highjacked by radicals or groups trying to use their platforms to cause trouble, and to rob the paid customers of the experience sought after when purchased the high dollar tickets.
If you can show me where it says you dont have the right to ruin the company you work for please point it out. I think what you meant is that you can be fired for ruining the company that you work for which is expected. Your problem seems to be your lack of understanding that he is not ruining anything for anyone. He is actually bringing more viewers in and making the ratings higher which in turn makes the team more money.

CrNd4NAWIAANiB-.jpg

What I find interesting is that a lot of news sources talked about what Kaepernick did but few bothered to mention the reasons why he acted as he did. Here is what the man said:

"I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color. To me, this is bigger than football and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way. There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder."

"I mean, you have Hillary who's called black teens or black kids super predators. You have Donald Trump who's openly racist. I mean, we have a presidential candidate [Hillary Clinton] who's deleted emails and done things illegally and is a presidential candidate. That doesn't make sense to me, because if that was any other person, you'd be in prison."

I was on board with Kaepernick until.... - CNN.com

Although I do not agree with everything he said, I must admit that anyone who believes as he does has every right – I might even say a duty - to protest any way he can. I don't believe that patriotism should be defined as blind loyalty and obedience to one's country. I think Karl Schurz got it right when he said, “My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right.” I think Kaepernick was simply trying to set it right.

I don't think a player should be punished solely because he demonstrates his opposition to certain government practices by sitting during the National Anthem. However, I think it should be a felony for anyone to sing the Star Spangled Banner “..o'er the la-and of the free-EEEE....” The first time a heard a lady hit that note I thought someone goosed her.

What I find interesting is that a lot of news sources talked about what Kaepernick did but few bothered to mention the reasons why he acted as he did. Here is what the man said:

"I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color. To me, this is bigger than football and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way. There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder."

"I mean, you have Hillary who's called black teens or black kids super predators. You have Donald Trump who's openly racist. I mean, we have a presidential candidate [Hillary Clinton] who's deleted emails and done things illegally and is a presidential candidate. That doesn't make sense to me, because if that was any other person, you'd be in prison."

Although I do not agree with everything he said, I must admit that anyone who believes as he does has every right – I might even say a duty - to protest any way he can. I don't believe that patriotism should be defined as blind loyalty and obedience to one's country. I think Karl Schurz got it right when he said, “My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right.” I think Kaepernick was simply trying to set it right.

I don't think a player should be punished solely because he demonstrates his opposition to certain government practices by sitting during the National Anthem. However, I think it should be a felony for anyone to sing the Star Spangled Banner “..o'er the la-and of the free-EEEE....” The first time a heard a lady hit that note I thought someone goosed her.
. Are you speaking from experience or are you an arm chair warrior who needs to belong to an issue, so you choose an issue or side that best suits your ideology, personality, character, and your choice to get involved in something that best suits the above mentioned ?

Now the thing is this, can you talk about the entire problems out there honestly or are you just another cop hater looking for a reason to hate all cops or maybe whitey ? Do you trust in the federal government justice system under Obama, and this trust is in that Dept. investigating hate crimes when they occur or are you expressing your distrust of the Obama justice department just like Kaepernick is doing by high jacking a major sporting event because Obama is just an empty suit in his and your mind ?

When the blacks go to extremes when acting out, and they do this about what goes on in according to them that is not right, then aren't they basically saying Obama is a huge failure in many ways, so they must take matters into their own hands now ?

You're a fucking moron. Google #VeteransForKaepernick

... and you're a fool who relies on childish name calling and merely regurgitate the latest liberal garbage. Apparently, you are incapable of conscious thought.

Do your research ... WE veterans don't support what Kaepernick did, but we support his right to do it. There are miles of difference.

... and you're a fool who relies on childish name calling and merely regurgitate the latest liberal garbage. Apparently, you are incapable of conscious thought.

Do your research ... WE veterans don't support what Kaepernick did, but we support his right to do it. There are miles of difference.
. Is it his right to use his occupation/job to create a disturbance in which disrupts the job site ? Is a job the proper place to make political statements from ? I say no it isn't, because it takes away from the customers experience expected, and changes the product that is created for them in which they purchased tickets for into something else. It then turns the experience or product into something they may not support or they would not have invested in if knew about it before hand. This is why these events have to be highjacked, because if they made known their intentions to try something that is not sanctioned by the company, then they might be denide the act of doing such a thing. Like I said before, the NFL is not the Washington mall, and if people want to protest then use the proper facilities to do so.

. Is it his right to use his occupation/job to create a disturbance in which disrupts the job site ? Is a job the proper place to make political statements from ? I say no it isn't, because it takes away from the customers experience expected, and changes the product that is created for them in which they purchased tickets for. It then turns the experience or product into something they may not support or they would not have invested in if knew about it before hand. This is why these events have to be highjacked, because if they made known their intentions to try something that is not sanctioned by the company, then they might be denide the act of doing such a thing. Like I said before, the NFL is not the Washington mall, and if people want to protest then use the proper facilities to do so.
Yes its his right. If it wasnt someone would put him in prison. I already told you no one cares what you say. I have already said otherwise and thats why he is still getting paid millions. If the customers are not satisfied they can choose not to attend or watch the game. The work place is a great place to make a stand. It makes people take notice and start threads regarding the issue on social media.

. Is it his right to use his occupation/job to create a disturbance in which disrupts the job site ? Is a job the proper place to make political statements from ? I say no it isn't, because it takes away from the customers experience expected, and changes the product that is created for them in which they purchased tickets for. It then turns the experience or product into something they may not support or they would not have invested in if knew about it before hand. This is why these events have to be highjacked, because if they made known their intentions to try something that is not sanctioned by the company, then they might be denide the act of doing such a thing. Like I said before, the NFL is not the Washington mall, and if people want to protest then use the proper facilities to do so.
Yes its his right. If it wasnt someone would put him in prison. I already told you no one cares what you say. I have already said otherwise and thats why he is still getting paid millions. If the customers are not satisfied they can choose not to attend or watch the game. The work place is a great place to make a stand. It makes people take notice and start threads regarding the issue on social media.
. The only reason he gets away with it is what ?????? Tell us why, because I know you know. When ever I talk about loss of freedoms as a white person in America, then the people come flying out of the wood works to say it's over, and you can't do this, and you can't say that, and you don't have any expectations of much of anything anymore, but others are exempt from these new things ? Why are certain people exempt, but others are now the new cherry picked oppressed in this nation ?

All 3 of them !!!!!

. The only reason he gets away with it is what ?????? Tell us why, because I know you know. When ever I talk about loss of freedoms as a white person in America, then the people come flying out of the wood works to say it's over, and you can't do this, and you can't say that, and you don't have any expectations of much of anything anymore, but others are exempt from these new things ? Why are certain people exempt, but others are now the new cherry picked oppressed in this nation ?
He gets away with it for two reasons. he puts butts in seats and they would still owe him his millions if they fired him. You havent lost any freedoms as a white person. You just been made to deal with consequences of shooting your mouth off. I dont know why people are telling you its against the law to say whatever you wish. You should tell them that you have checked and 1rst amendment still applies.

All 3 of them !!!!!

He gets away with it because he's black, and nobody has the balls to call him on his behavior lest they be called a racist.

. Are you speaking from experience or are you an arm chair warrior who needs to belong to an issue, so you choose an issue or side that best suits your ideology, personality, character, and your choice to get involved in something that best suits the above mentioned ?

Now the thing is this, can you talk about the entire problems out there honestly or are you just another cop hater looking for a reason to hate all cops or maybe whitey ? Do you trust in the federal government justice system under Obama, and this trust is in that Dept. investigating hate crimes when they occur or are you expressing your distrust of the Obama justice department just like Kaepernick is doing by high jacking a major sporting event because Obama is just an empty suit in his and your mind ?

When the blacks go to extremes when acting out, and they do this about what goes on in according to them that is not right, then aren't they basically saying Obama is a huge failure in many ways, so they must take matters into their own hands now ?

I am a 76 year old man with an MBA and JD. I spent half a century defending the civil rights of others, both as an attorney and a labor leader.

It is obvious that you have not read any of my many other posts on this forum. If you had you would know that I have defended the police in such cases as Freddie Gray and Michael Brown. I also defended George Zimmerman. You should be able to find those articles and they are well worth reading because they contain an analysis of the facts and the law. In other cases I have sided with those who have been victimized by police. For example, I have accused Policeman Michael Slager of murder in the case involving Walter Scott. That post is also worth reading. I always go were the evidence directs me and have no tolerance for those who do not.

I have no idea who in the hell you are, but so far I am not the least bit impressed. You have made judgments and accusations for which there is no factual basis. Armchair warrior? You gotta be kidding. I talk the talk and walk the walk. So tell me, what have you done – other than post on this site – that promoted a cause or protected someone from discrimination. I'm sure you have a long list. Yeah, right.

I find that your reading comprehension is somewhere between woefully inadequate and completely nonexistent. Nowhere within my post did I indicate my opinion of the police in general (as I said, I treat them as individuals). You assumed that since Kaepernick made unfavorable comments about some policemen that I agreed with him solely because I defended his right to sit down during the National Anthem. Not much for logic, are you? Read my post again and perhaps this time you will find that I said, “Although I do not agree with everything he said, I must admit that anyone who believes as he does has every right – I might even say a duty - to protest any way he can.” Let me translate those word for you. I meant I agreed with some of the things he said, but certainly not all of the things he said. You had no way of knowing what I agreed with and what I did not but that didn't stop you from making foolish assumptions. For the record, the part I agreed with was his opinion that Hillary Clinton was a crook and should be in jail.

Actually my opinion of the police in general is irrelevant as it had nothing to do with the subject matter of my post. What I said, and I repeat, was: “anyone who believes as he does has every right – I might even say a duty - to protest any way he can.” In other words, even when I disagree with you I believe you have the right to protest in any way you can. In fact, if you strongly believe in something and don't do a damn thing about it you are a spineless hypocrite. Now do you get it? One more thing: I was a Marine who always strongly believed in the moral code of the Corps. We had two mottoes: “Semper Fidelis” (always faithful) and “Death Before Dishonor. It's all about doing right, not just believing it. I will give you the last word. I am done with you and your nonsense.

Forum List

Back