CDZ The NFL should immediately adopt new rules and guidelines pertaining to

You're a fucking moron. Google #VeteransForKaepernick

... and you're a fool who relies on childish name calling and merely regurgitate the latest liberal garbage. Apparently, you are incapable of conscious thought.

Do your research ... WE veterans don't support what Kaepernick did, but we support his right to do it. There are miles of difference.
. Is it his right to use his occupation/job to create a disturbance in which disrupts the job site ? Is a job the proper place to make political statements from ? I say no it isn't, because it takes away from the customers experience expected, and changes the product that is created for them in which they purchased tickets for. It then turns the experience or product into something they may not support or they would not have invested in if knew about it before hand. This is why these events have to be highjacked, because if they made known their intentions to try something that is not sanctioned by the company, then they might be denide the act of doing such a thing. Like I said before, the NFL is not the Washington mall, and if people want to protest then use the proper facilities to do so.
Yes its his right. If it wasnt someone would put him in prison. I already told you no one cares what you say. I have already said otherwise and thats why he is still getting paid millions. If the customers are not satisfied they can choose not to attend or watch the game. The work place is a great place to make a stand. It makes people take notice and start threads regarding the issue on social media.
. The only reason he gets away with it is what ?????? Tell us why, because I know you know. When ever I talk about loss of freedoms as a white person in America, then the people come flying out of the wood works to say it's over, and you can't do this, and you can't say that, and you don't have any expectations of much of anything anymore, but others are exempt from these new things ? Why are certain people exempt, but others are now the new cherry picked oppressed in this nation ?

He gets away with it because he's black, and nobody has the balls to call him on his behavior lest they be called a racist.
That was pretty ignorant of you. White people own the team he plays for. if they got rid of him what would happen to them if they were called racists? They would have every right to get rid of him and pay the remainder of his contract. Clowns would still watch the game and make them and Kap wealthy.

What I find interesting is that a lot of news sources talked about what Kaepernick did but few bothered to mention the reasons why he acted as he did. Here is what the man said:

"I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color. To me, this is bigger than football and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way. There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder."

"I mean, you have Hillary who's called black teens or black kids super predators. You have Donald Trump who's openly racist. I mean, we have a presidential candidate [Hillary Clinton] who's deleted emails and done things illegally and is a presidential candidate. That doesn't make sense to me, because if that was any other person, you'd be in prison."

I was on board with Kaepernick until.... - CNN.com

Although I do not agree with everything he said, I must admit that anyone who believes as he does has every right – I might even say a duty - to protest any way he can. I don't believe that patriotism should be defined as blind loyalty and obedience to one's country. I think Karl Schurz got it right when he said, “My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right.” I think Kaepernick was simply trying to set it right.

I don't think a player should be punished solely because he demonstrates his opposition to certain government practices by sitting during the National Anthem. However, I think it should be a felony for anyone to sing the Star Spangled Banner “..o'er the la-and of the free-EEEE....” The first time a heard a lady hit that note I thought someone goosed her.
. Are you speaking from experience or are you an arm chair warrior who needs to belong to an issue, so you choose an issue or side that best suits your ideology, personality, character, and your choice to get involved in something that best suits the above mentioned ?

Now the thing is this, can you talk about the entire problems out there honestly or are you just another cop hater looking for a reason to hate all cops or maybe whitey ? Do you trust in the federal government justice system under Obama, and this trust is in that Dept. investigating hate crimes when they occur or are you expressing your distrust of the Obama justice department just like Kaepernick is doing by high jacking a major sporting event because Obama is just an empty suit in his and your mind ?

When the blacks go to extremes when acting out, and they do this about what goes on in according to them that is not right, then aren't they basically saying Obama is a huge failure in many ways, so they must take matters into their own hands now ?

I am a 76 year old man with an MBA and JD. I spent half a century defending the civil rights of others, both as an attorney and a labor leader.

It is obvious that you have not read any of my many other posts on this forum. If you had you would know that I have defended the police in such cases as Freddie Gray and Michael Brown. I also defended George Zimmerman. You should be able to find those articles and they are well worth reading because they contain an analysis of the facts and the law. In other cases I have sided with those who have been victimized by police. For example, I have accused Policeman Michael Slager of murder in the case involving Walter Scott. That post is also worth reading. I always go were the evidence directs me and have no tolerance for those who do not.

I have no idea who in the hell you are, but so far I am not the least bit impressed. You have made judgments and accusations for which there is no factual basis. Armchair warrior? You gotta be kidding. I talk the talk and walk the walk. So tell me, what have you done – other than post on this site – that promoted a cause or protected someone from discrimination. I'm sure you have a long list. Yeah, right.

I find that your reading comprehension is somewhere between woefully inadequate and completely nonexistent. Nowhere within my post did I indicate my opinion of the police in general (as I said, I treat them as individuals). You assumed that since Kaepernick made unfavorable comments about some policemen that I agreed with him solely because I defended his right to sit down during the National Anthem. Not much for logic, are you? Read my post again and perhaps this time you will find that I said, “Although I do not agree with everything he said, I must admit that anyone who believes as he does has every right – I might even say a duty - to protest any way he can.” Let me translate those word for you. I meant I agreed with some of the things he said, but certainly not all of the things he said. You had no way of knowing what I agreed with and what I did not but that didn't stop you from making foolish assumptions. For the record, the part I agreed with was his opinion that Hillary Clinton was a crook and should be in jail.

Actually my opinion of the police in general is irrelevant as it had nothing to do with the subject matter of my post. What I said, and I repeat, was: “anyone who believes as he does has every right – I might even say a duty - to protest any way he can.” In other words, even when I disagree with you I believe you have the right to protest in any way you can. In fact, if you strongly believe in something and don't do a damn thing about it you are a spineless hypocrite. Now do you get it? One more thing: I was a Marine who always strongly believed in the moral code of the Corps. We had two mottoes: “Semper Fidelis” (always faithful) and “Death Before Dishonor. It's all about doing right, not just believing it. I will give you the last word. I am done with you and your nonsense.
. And what I'm saying is that there is a place and time for these things to be done decent and in order, and highjacking major sporting events to cause trouble for all those individuals who had visited the event for one specific reason in which they spent their money for, and brought their families to also enjoy (not Janet Jackson purposely showing her boob in a half time show just to be sleasy (or) just to put the slease out (or) Beyonce trying to make statements with the half time show, and putting on the slease as well (or) the disruption during the national anthem, and on and on and on it all goes), where such things are robbing the sports goers of their money, experience, and intended purpose there, along with the brand, and all these individuals right to be free from the bull crap.

The NFL or any other institution not fully controlled by the feds should protest, make rules regarding the punishment for this type of stuff, and force these activist into the proper venue for their speaking out. I mean this stuff isn't rocket science, but what is clear to me is that there is a fear of not being able to highjack these events for their platform's in order to make political statements from or to promote slease from or to make fools of those who came to these events to watch a game free from politics, and slease with their families.

I applaud your service in the military, and I support your right to be an individual who thinks as an individual, but I also would applaud the NFL if they excersized their right to clean up the bull crap finally, and to give their customers what they came to the game for instead of allowing activist to rob them and their clientel of their money, family time and experience there. Do you support the NFL to make rules against being abused, along with the sports goers or is it just a one way street on the rights issue ?

Last edited:
... and you're a fool who relies on childish name calling and merely regurgitate the latest liberal garbage. Apparently, you are incapable of conscious thought.

Do your research ... WE veterans don't support what Kaepernick did, but we support his right to do it. There are miles of difference.
. Is it his right to use his occupation/job to create a disturbance in which disrupts the job site ? Is a job the proper place to make political statements from ? I say no it isn't, because it takes away from the customers experience expected, and changes the product that is created for them in which they purchased tickets for. It then turns the experience or product into something they may not support or they would not have invested in if knew about it before hand. This is why these events have to be highjacked, because if they made known their intentions to try something that is not sanctioned by the company, then they might be denide the act of doing such a thing. Like I said before, the NFL is not the Washington mall, and if people want to protest then use the proper facilities to do so.
Yes its his right. If it wasnt someone would put him in prison. I already told you no one cares what you say. I have already said otherwise and thats why he is still getting paid millions. If the customers are not satisfied they can choose not to attend or watch the game. The work place is a great place to make a stand. It makes people take notice and start threads regarding the issue on social media.
. The only reason he gets away with it is what ?????? Tell us why, because I know you know. When ever I talk about loss of freedoms as a white person in America, then the people come flying out of the wood works to say it's over, and you can't do this, and you can't say that, and you don't have any expectations of much of anything anymore, but others are exempt from these new things ? Why are certain people exempt, but others are now the new cherry picked oppressed in this nation ?

He gets away with it because he's black, and nobody has the balls to call him on his behavior lest they be called a racist.
That was pretty ignorant of you. White people own the team he plays for. if they got rid of him what would happen to them if they were called racists? They would have every right to get rid of him and pay the remainder of his contract. Clowns would still watch the game and make them and Kap wealthy.
. Why would they be called racist for firing a player ? Would it be racism if the NFL made rules not to be highjacked by players who disrupt the game, and attempt to devalue the brand and experience of the sports goers who only want to experience a political free zone when out with their family ? There needs to be new rules placed in the players contracts as well. This way idiotic bull crap like your talking about a player still getting his pay after being fired won't happen either.

You don't even make any sense whatsoever.

You seriously don't believe there would be a racist backlash? Seriously?

Of course, they have every right to get rid of him - they also have every right to muzzle him. But, they can't do it, because of the negative fiscal ramifications of being labelled a racist organization.

Of course, they have every right to get rid of him - they also have every right to muzzle him. But, they can't do it, because of the negative fiscal ramifications of being labelled a racist organization.
Whites dont really have principles. They are all about the money.

Colin Kaepernick's jersey is top seller after protest

. Why would they be called racist for firing a player ? Would it be racism if the NFL made rules not to be highjacked by players who disrupt the game, and attempt to devalue the brand and experience of the sports goers who only want to experience a political free zone when out with their family ? There needs to be new rules placed in the players contracts as well. This way idiotic bull crap like your talking about a player still getting his pay after being fired won't happen either.

Whether it is racist or not is not the issue ... the issue is what would happen if they fired Kaepernick. They would immediately be picketed by BLM, and Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton would decry the muzzling of a black man. Stephen Smith would claim it was not because of his actions, but rather because he was a black man challenging the status quo.

That's a fight neither the NFL or the 49ers want to have --- and one they couldn't win where it matters most --- at the box office.

Damn! Didn't take long for you to jump all the way to Stupid, did it?

Whether it is racist or not is not the issue ... the issue is what would happen if the fired Kaepernick. They would immediately be picketed by BLM, and Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton would decry the muzzling of a black man. Stephen Smith would claim it was not because of his actions, but rather because he was a black man challenging the status quo.

That's a fight neither the NFL or the 49ers want to have --- and one they couldn't win where it matters most --- at the box office.
Like I said whites tend to not have principles.

Whether it is racist or not is not the issue ... the issue is what would happen if the fired Kaepernick. They would immediately be picketed by BLM, and Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton would decry the muzzling of a black man. Stephen Smith would claim it was not because of his actions, but rather because he was a black man challenging the status quo.

Like i said, that's a pretty stupid, and racist, comment.

Damn! Didn't take long for you to jump all the way to Stupid, did it?
What made you feel that was stupid?

Like i said, that's a pretty stupid, and racist, comment.
Not really. Your post proves it. if they are afraid of a fight then they have no principles.

anyone trying to highjack the sport, highjack it's half time shows or highjack it's brands for the purposes of political statements and/or attacks to be strategically used by way of it's access to millions of viewers. Anyone doing so or attempting such a thing should be banned from the game for no less than 2 years.
It's not a bad point you make. In this case it's the media (that published close-up photos of his socks) that should be banned, or otherwise punished. You know how the media operates, particularly when business is 'slow'. If the guy had red socks the media might have published a close-up photo of them and claimed it supports the rumours (none until 'just now') that the guy is a communist .... or that he's advertising for the Boston Red Sox.

Hijacking (as you very aptly call it) is the fundamental, corner-stone tactic used by the media since ....... well, a long, long time.

It's not a bad point you make. In this case it's the media (that published close-up photos of his socks) that should be banned, or otherwise punished. You know how the media operates, particularly when business is 'slow'.

It's all hype. I certainly do not fall for it. :lol:

anyone trying to highjack the sport, highjack it's half time shows or highjack it's brands for the purposes of political statements and/or attacks to be strategically used by way of it's access to millions of viewers. Anyone doing so or attempting such a thing should be banned from the game for no less than 2 years.
You cannot dictate that anyone salute the flag or stand for the national anthem. It is against the US Constitution. DUH:eusa_doh:

You're a fucking moron. Google #VeteransForKaepernick

Total Bullshit. Anyone in his position as a player who did what he did, any color, race, ethnicity, or gender, would be called into question.

Why would they be called racist for firing a player ?

That is a red herring. 80 to 90% of the players in the NFL are black.

Some times players like the 49er's fullback, Bruce Miller need to be fired. He was out-of-control and an alcoholic. I talked about it with my friend Robert, yesterday, who is a former all-around, uncontested star in football, basketball and baseball at UCLA in the early 60's. His second cousin was a star running back at one time on the Arizona Cardinals. Going back to Bruce Miller, it is only business and was in the 49'ers best interest.

Ex 49er got into sandwich fight before arrest

Would it be racism if the NFL made rules not to be highjacked by players who disrupt the game, and attempt to devalue the brand and experience of the sports goers who only want to experience a political free zone when out with their family ? There needs to be new rules placed in the players contracts as well. This way idiotic bull crap like your talking about a player still getting his pay after being fired won't happen either.

This is the Land of the Free. I also understand contracts can be very concise, but I also believe what you propose here is just going further and making a bad situation still worse. There are so many areas and ideals that Americans can improve on, instead of always looking at the dark side and tending to gravitate towards creating worse circumstances.

It's all hype. I certainly do not fall for it.

...... There are so many areas and ideals that Americans can improve on, instead of always looking at the dark side and tending to gravitate towards creating worse circumstances.
I thought I was the smartest member on USMB. I was wrong.
Smiley2-BowingForward.gif

. I guess they are, because people are buying them, and then they are burning them... lol.... Hmmm, maybe Kaepernick planned it this way the whole time eh. Nah, I won't give him that much credit, but he seems to benefiting as an unintended consequence of it all, and that's sad.

Forum List

Back