the next economic cycle......

manu1959

Left Coast Isolationist
Oct 28, 2004
california
so.....as a small business owner that currently employes 55 people all of who have healthcare...paid for by the company....

the government is going to increase taxes on individuals that make more than 500k by 5.4% to pay for public health care and they are going to sign into law making companys of a certain size buy health care for their employees.....

guess i will just raise prices and pass the added cost onto the consumer....

so.....as a small business owner that currently employes 55 people all of who have healthcare...paid for by the company....

the government is going to increase taxes on individuals that make more than 500k by 5.4% to pay for public health care and they are going to sign into law making companys of a certain size buy health care for their employees.....

Good luck with that. I hope you work in an industry that leaves room for adjusting your prices. If you work in a competitive industry you may just be screwed.

And thank you for caring enough for your employees to continue to cover their insurance.

Immie

Last edited:

Or you can figure the difference between the penalty and the current premiums and decide to end your health insurance contract and give the difference to your employees, or pocket the money or whatever.
How often do you think that scenario will play out?

Forum List

Back