The New York Times on the Last Taboo... Naked 5 Year Olds...

Temper tantrums were not acceptable. For the grands it was no tantrums in the house. When they arrived at gran's house after mom got a divorce every "no" was a screaming fiasco. I wold kick them out of the house when the did that. Told them go scream at the birds and grass outside but it would not be tolerated in the house. Many children have very few manners these days. Parents that are not teaching their children at a young age are not doing them any favors.

My children tremble and cower in fear everytime they see my belt.

Manners are always a must. Tantrums should never get them what they want. No disagreement there.

But I fail to see the harm in a young child being naked in their own home, or especially in the case of those living out in the country, away from other people, being outside without clothes.

There is nothing wrong with your Child being Naked in your own Home...

Did you Read the Story?...

There are Asshats out there who are letting their Toddlers make the Rules in Public or when Company or other Children are around...

Children shouldn't be Running around at the Mall Naked...

Can we all agree on that?...

:)

peace...

As a general rule, it is not a good idea to ride a bike naked.

Scrotums and bike chains do not mix well together.

Young children rarely have to worry about stuff hanging down that far. :eusa_eh:

Getting Racked is getting Racked...

That's what I never Understood about the Girls Bike compared to the Boys back in the Day...

The Boys Bar was Straight, and ready to Rack...

The Girls was down at an Angle with less Possibility of Rackage...

Now I Think most of them Angle down...

peace...

There are Asshats out there who are letting their Toddlers make the Rules in Public or when Company or other Children are around...

peace...

I actually did read the story, which is why I didn't understand why malls, stores, etc. were even being brought into the discussion.

I will agree that kids shouldn't be nude in those types of public places.

peace...

I actually did read the story, which is why I didn't understand why malls, stores, etc. were even being brought into the discussion.

I will agree that kids shouldn't be nude in those types of public places.

I Think the Basic Idea that Children being Nude is OK in general, that the Debate here, around the Childish Displays by some Insecure Pukes, has gone Towards the when and where...

And someone said Kids being Naked was the Norm...

Hence the Examples of where we might see that "Norm"...

It was Illustrative.

Obviously a Child Running around the House Naked after Bath is something EVERY Parent has Witnessed... You Bath the Child and Changed it's Diapers, so their Nudity is nothing to you...

To a Perve in a Public or Open Setting, your Child's Nakedness Parade could be a Lure...

It's Simply not Tactfull to let your Child Dictate in Public Settings what the Dress Code is.

peace...

Too many Liberals Hysterically React to ANY Restrictions as if it's their Abusive Parents Hammering on them again...

This Naked Children thing is an Example... Simply because YOUR Parents might have Blistered your butt because you Stripped Down Naked in front of Granny doesn't mean that that's how Today's Parent generally handles it.

Nor does that Past Abuse Justify letting Children Make the Rules Today as some kind of Reparation for your Suffering...

Get over it before I Take your Inner Child out and give it a Good Whippin'... ;)

peace...

"For many parents, allowing a child to run around naked at home is perfectly natural, an expression of physical freedom that represents the essence of childhood, especially in the summer. But for others, unclad bodies are an affront to civility, a source of discomfort and a potentially dangerous attraction for pedophiles. These clashing sensibilities can create conflict, even when the nudity in question takes place at home."

Here's where I have a Problem the New York Times...

Dishonest Representation...

If you and your Children/Husband/Wife are at Home... In your own Home, your 4 or 5 Year Old's Nudity is Irrlevant to Public Debate...

The New York Times is Dishonestly Characterizing People who don't want to see other People's Children Naked as People who don't want Children Naked EVER, even in the Privacy of their own Homes.

In this Story, they Illustrate a Situation that can and did make VISITORS Uncomfortable...

"The classmate’s mother, however, was horrified. “The mom was sort of appalled that Alex got naked in front of her daughter,” Mrs. Nicola said. “She expressed concern that we hadn’t talked enough about private parts. She said, ‘In our family, we always talk about how certain parts of the body are not for anyone else to touch.’ ”

They are Comparing Apples and Oranges...

Letting your Child Run around Naked after a Bath is NOT the same as he or she Stripping Down in front of others and then Body Painting following...

If People can't see that this can and does make others Uncomfortable, then I don't have an Answer for you.

One thing is for Sure, as always, the Liberals @ the NYT are not being Honest in their Fronting of this Agenda.

And it is their Agenda, because this is the First Time they have tried to Paint People who don't Agree with them this way:

“If someone has what appears to be an overly strong reaction to seeing young children running around naked, it tells us about their own hang-ups, their own inner conflicts,” Dr. Balter said.

^See, that's simply Dishonest...

The New York Times Knows EXACTLY what it's doing by Presenting this this way.

peace...

I don't necessarily mean children...just in general.

Mmmmhmmm ... sounds like the voice of experience talking here. :eusa_eh:

You NEVER forget the Bar on the Bike when it Makes that Initial Contact coming off a Jump or however it happens...

Jumps were the Worst...

There was a Kid in Junior High who Lost a Nut over it...

The Old Dirt Hills behind Old Safeway across from Shaw Heights...

Back in the Day.

peace...

My daughter told me when hers were little she was raising them by the book (children how to..). I wonder if that is the author of the book she was talking about.....She tossed it after discovering it did not work exactly like the child rearing book had lead her to believe.

Imagine, kids not turning out 'according to the book'. :lol:

where did i read that?... Oh yeah!

children being naked is generally the norm.

^the new liberal standard in 2009.

:clap2:

peace...

so you conclude that all liberals want children to be naked in
malls, stores, retailers, discount stores, grocery stores, parks, public librarie, elementary schools, the state capital, state legislature, movie theaters, cafes, dmv, and eateries based on a single sentence written by anguille, which says no such thing?

Wow! You are far dumber than you look, which i didn't think was possible!

:clap2:congrats, anguille! You are the new worldwide spokesperson for all liberals (per order of tha malcontent)! Whatever you say or write, will be the official liberal policy...no questions asked. You can change any of your policies at any time without conferring with or notifing anyone else. It will be our responsibility to read all of your messages and blindly follow them.
lol!!

I suppose I'm old fashion, I taught mine to keep their clothes on at an early age. Temper tantrums were not acceptable. For the grands it was no tantrums in the house. When they arrived at gran's house after mom got a divorce every "no" was a screaming fiasco. I wold kick them out of the house when the did that. Told them go scream at the birds and grass outside but it would not be tolerated in the house. Many children have very few manners these days. Parents that are not teaching their children at a young age are not doing them any favors.

Manners are always a must. Tantrums should never get them what they want. No disagreement there.

But I fail to see the harm in a young child being naked in their own home, or especially in the case of those living out in the country, away from other people, being outside without clothes.
I agree, Same with what Toxi said about the beach. That's one public place where it used to be perfectly normal to see young kids playing naked. And why not? Now people are even getting uptight about that! I feel sorry for the kids.

Different cultures and societies have different customs about when it is appropriate to be clothed or not or how much or how little. Though I see nothing about the human body for anyone to be ashamed of when in Rome it's best to do as the Romans do. But insisting litlle children are some how committing a sin by being naked is ludicrous.

Getting Racked is getting Racked...

That's what I never Understood about the Girls Bike compared to the Boys back in the Day...

The Boys Bar was Straight, and ready to Rack...

The Girls was down at an Angle with less Possibility of Rackage...

Now I Think most of them Angle down...

peace...
The reason for the bar is better stability and reinforcement of the frame in case of a collision. But with today's better designs and use of better alloys for the frames, the bar is less useful. Also, on women's bikes it was thought they didn't need as strong a frame seeing as they were the weaker sex and less likely to need that safety aspect. Plus women wear skirts and dresses and the bar causes a problem with that.
Sort of like why the side saddle was invented, so women would not have to lift their legs indecently.

I agree, Same with what Toxi said about the beach. That's one public place where it used to be perfectly normal to see young kids playing naked. And why not? Now people are even getting uptight about that! I feel sorry for the kids.

Different cultures and societies have different customs about when it is appropriate to be clothed or not or how much or how little. Though I see nothing about the human body for anyone to be ashamed of when in Rome it's best to do as the Romans do. But insisting litlle children are some how committing a sin by being naked is ludicrous.

I have a brother in Germany and when they'd go on vacation and such, all the kids at the beaches were naked. Even in their kids' books. But then again, it seems that Americans are much more uptight about nudity in general.

Forum List

Back