The new term for Teabaggers

What should teabaggers be called?

• Tea baggers is humiliating enough ahhaha!

Votes: 13 61.9%
  • Tools

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Neo-twoofers

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Toolbaggers

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters
FoxFyre,

NM, I actually just heard what you must have been referring to on the Randi Rhodes Show.

"I'm The Republican Party, and I have a problem. The Republicans need to admit that they have a problem. [ with massive spending]"

That's what you're referring to right?

Like Randi responded "The Republicans don't need to admit that they have a problem, they need to admit that they ARE the problem."

The alcoholic must admit that he has a problem. He almost invariably comes to understand that when he realizes that his abuse of alcohol is a problem for others. That was his message to the GOP.

So yes. The GOP has a problem. They are addicted to spending and progressive lite. And that makes them a problem for others. Until they admit that and get help, they are not likely to change.

But he describes the GOP as 'progressive lite'. So the Democrats have a far more advanced problem and are even more a problem to others. What do you think the chances are that they will ever admit it?

Bullshit......the 11th Tradition states

"Our public relations policy is based on attraction rather than promotion; we need always maintain personal anonymity at the level of press, radio, and films."

The meaning of that is that IN the meetings, you can identify yourself as whoever, because all the others are drunks like yourself, and therefore not a problem, as you are all there for recovery.

The tradition states to "maintain (meaning keep) personal anonymity (no telling people who you are) at the level of press, radio and films.", meaning, don't have your name printed stating your an alcoholic, don't reveal that you are a recovering alcoholic on television or in a film about your life.

Why? Because in order for AA to protect itself (at the time, it was a small movement), and because of the high rates of relapse that others had seen in drunks (most doctors at the time called them hopeless), they figured that if everyone knew a certain personality (like Beck) was to tell everyone he was a recovering alcoholic, and then had a relapse, they would then assume that AA didn't work, and the whole thing would fade away.

Happily, it hasn't, but..........the reason for the tradition is the same. What kind of publicity do you think AA would receive if Beck was pulled over some day for a DUI?

Even after long periods of sobriety, the relapse rate is still up around 20 percent. Yeah.....I was a Drug and Alcohol Program Advisor for 8 years in the Navy.

So, no......I'm not wrong.

"Hello, my name is the Republican Party, and I got a problem.
I'm addicted to spending and big government."
-- Glenn Beck, turning on his masters, Link

Bullshit......the 11th Tradition states

"Our public relations policy is based on attraction rather than promotion; we need always maintain personal anonymity at the level of press, radio, and films."

The meaning of that is that IN the meetings, you can identify yourself as whoever, because all the others are drunks like yourself, and therefore not a problem, as you are all there for recovery.

The tradition states to "maintain (meaning keep) personal anonymity (no telling people who you are) at the level of press, radio and films.", meaning, don't have your name printed stating your an alcoholic, don't reveal that you are a recovering alcoholic on television or in a film about your life.

Why? Because in order for AA to protect itself (at the time, it was a small movement), and because of the high rates of relapse that others had seen in drunks (most doctors at the time called them hopeless), they figured that if everyone knew a certain personality (like Beck) was to tell everyone he was a recovering alcoholic, and then had a relapse, they would then assume that AA didn't work, and the whole thing would fade away.

Happily, it hasn't, but..........the reason for the tradition is the same. What kind of publicity do you think AA would receive if Beck was pulled over some day for a DUI?

Even after long periods of sobriety, the relapse rate is still up around 20 percent. Yeah.....I was a Drug and Alcohol Program Advisor for 8 years in the Navy.

So, no......I'm not wrong.

The 11th Tradition speaks to a person's involvement with AA and others with whom he associates and/or advertising the 12-step program in a public forum. It does not prevent anybody from admitting their problem publicly, privately, or to whomever. Beck spoke only for himself, not anybody else, he didn't mention AA, and he wasn't promoting any program or selling anything. The object is to attract, not promote. How do you think anybody attracts but by admitting they had a problem?

"Hello, my name is the Republican Party, and I got a problem.
I'm addicted to spending and big government."
-- Glenn Beck, turning on his masters, Link

oh yeah well I'm sure the Hufferpost has a article making fun of the Democrat party on spending and big Government, eh?

The alcoholic must admit that he has a problem. He almost invariably comes to understand that when he realizes that his abuse of alcohol is a problem for others. That was his message to the GOP.

So yes. The GOP has a problem. They are addicted to spending and progressive lite. And that makes them a problem for others. Until they admit that and get help, they are not likely to change.

But he describes the GOP as 'progressive lite'. So the Democrats have a far more advanced problem and are even more a problem to others. What do you think the chances are that they will ever admit it?
Fox, I like the civil tone we seem to be having here, lets continue this.

When will [ The Dems ] admit they have a problem you assert? Hmmm...

Why is it that a certain party/ideology is always moving the bar? What they call "pork" is simply money spent not in their own state/district. And/or money spent not on what they like.

Can I get a lite general list of things you have a problem with that you blame the Dems for?

Lets get a real dialogue going.

Fox, I like the civil tone we seem to be having here, lets continue this.

When will [ The Dems ] admit they have a problem you assert? Hmmm...

Why is it that a certain party/ideology is always moving the bar? What they call "pork" is simply money spent not in their own state/district. And/or money spent not on what they like.

Can I get a lite general list of things you have a problem with that you blame the Dems for?

Lets get a real dialogue going.

Sure. (I am always the model of civility. (cough))

The Democrats push for government to take more and more power

The Democrats push to government to spend more and more money and create bigger deficts and more debt that is not sustainable.

The Democrats push for government to insert itself into more and more of our personal and corporate lives together and presume to take away more and more of our options, opportunities, self determination, personal freedom, and decisions.

The Democrats push to diminish the principles and ideals of the U.S. Constitution as the Founders intended it.

The Democrats push to diminish traditional American values in favor of a liberal progressive agenda that builds on the cultural revolution of the 60's.

The Democrats push to control the free flow of information, personal wealth, and the free market system.

There is more, but that's enough for starters.

And for the record, the GOP has been gulty of each and every one of those things, but generally in a somewhat less extreme manner which does not excuse them.

As Glenn Beck said at CPAC this weekend, it is no longer enough to just not suck as much as the other side sucks.

Forum List

Back