The Negative Consequences of Net Neutrality Explained in 2 Minutes

bripat9643

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2011
This does a good job of explaining why Net Neutrality will be a disaster.

It explains nothing. It's just fear-mongering. Cruz is covering up the fact that without neutrality we're going to end up with cyber-gated communities and cyber-ghettos. I wonder who's stuffing Cruz's pockets?

It explains nothing. It's just fear-mongering. Cruz is covering up the fact that without neutrality we're going to end up with cyber-gated communities and cyber-ghettos. I wonder who's stuffing Cruz's pockets?

Talk about fear mongering. We know the history of government regulation. It doesn't give us any reason to believe this time they can do it right.

header.png

CruzNetNuetrality_tweet.png

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

Talk about fear mongering. We know the history of government regulation. It doesn't give us any reason to believe this time they can do it right.
That's just more fear-mongering to cover up the fact that what was supposed to be an equalizing medium will be turned into cyber-haves and cyber-have nots. You and Cruz can take a hike.

One more reason to vote AGAINST the rabid RWs like Cruz. He's owned outright by Big Money.

And, we can pretty much give up on RW posters ever opening their minds and actually educating themselves on this issue.

"You can always count on Sen. Ted Cruz to lead the charge, even if it sometimes turns out he didn't entirely understand what he was charging toward (read: the Lorne Michaels bit about corporations, most of what he said about Obamacare, ect.). This week Cruz was ready with a neo-classic Cruz response after President Obama gave a Sunday talk-show interview supporting Net Neutrality.

Of course, Cruz immediately took to social media to share his disgust with what he claimed would the Obamacare-ization of the internet. However, while Cruz has a host of adoring fans, his claims about Net Neutrality backfired when he (or more likely one of his staff minions) took to Facebook to share the above screengrabbed post and rail some more about how Obama will ruin the internet and he is just trying to save it for the good of the people.

The people -- particularly the more Libertarian leaning factions of the Republican party -- fired back on ye olde Facebook, and, based on the comments on the post, a surprising number of them were not amused.

And what brought all this ire down on one of the top far right stars of the GOP? Well, for one thing Cruz has accepted campaign donations from telecom companies like Comcast

Even Some Conservatives Think Ted Cruz Doesn t Understand Net Neutrality Houston Press

"You can always count on Sen. Ted Cruz to lead the charge, even if it sometimes turns out he didn't entirely understand what he was charging toward (read: the Lorne Michaels bit about corporations, most of what he said about Obamacare, ect.). This week Cruz was ready with a neo-classic Cruz response after President Obama gave a Sunday talk-show interview supporting Net Neutrality.

Of course, Cruz immediately took to social media to share his disgust with what he claimed would the Obamacare-ization of the internet. However, while Cruz has a host of adoring fans, his claims about Net Neutrality backfired when he (or more likely one of his staff minions) took to Facebook to share the above screengrabbed post and rail some more about how Obama will ruin the internet and he is just trying to save it for the good of the people.

The people -- particularly the more Libertarian leaning factions of the Republican party -- fired back on ye olde Facebook, and, based on the comments on the post, a surprising number of them were not amused.

And what brought all this ire down on one of the top far right stars of the GOP? Well, for one thing Cruz has accepted campaign donations from telecom companies like Comcast

Even Some Conservatives Think Ted Cruz Doesn t Understand Net Neutrality Houston Press

Its not like people aren't trying to explain it to him. Same with the RWs here.

They want to be ignorant and boy, are they successful.

That's just more fear-mongering to cover up the fact that what was supposed to be an equalizing medium will be turned into cyber-haves and cyber-have nots. You and Cruz can take a hike.
Simple. I'll just cancel Comcast and go with their competitor if they throttle my service.

Simple. I'll just cancel Comcast and go with their competitor if they throttle my service.

That would be all well and good, but I doubt you're likely to find another company providing service in your area. That's kinda how they do.

Odds are that Comcast already bought their competitor out in your area.

Forum List

Back