The myth of widespread long voting lines

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
by Paul Mirengoff @ Power Line blog
I'm only a short way through my morning blog scan and this is the 4th or 5th version of this. I know the Lefties will grouse that this is a right wing blog, but coming from so many different sources, can it be that wrong?

In his State of the Union address, President Obama announced a “nonpartisan” commission led by two campaign lawyers “to improve the voting experience in America” because no one should have to wait in line for “five, six, seven hours just to cast their ballot.” Obama cited the experience of Desiline Victor, the 102-year-old voter who allegedly waited in line for three hours to vote.

Read more with links @ The myth of widespread long voting lines | Power Line

I myself voted early at a very convenient location and took no longer than 5 or 6 minutes in line before I went into the booth.

Oh....I get it

Because the nationwide AVERAGE is not high there is no problem with some locations making you wait for hours

Why do Republicans not want people to vote?

Oh....I get it

Because the nationwide AVERAGE is not high there is no problem with some locations making you wait for hours

And just WHERE were those locations with long waiting lines?

Oh....I get it

And just WHERE were those locations with long waiting lines?

If 45 minutes at 06:30 counts then my polling place had a long line during the Presidential election. The wait five years ago was probably double that so it is less bad. I'm more or less in St Louis.

What do you consider acceptable?

by Paul Mirengoff @ Power Line blog
I'm only a short way through my morning blog scan and this is the 4th or 5th version of this. I know the Lefties will grouse that this is a right wing blog, but coming from so many different sources, can it be that wrong?

In his State of the Union address, President Obama announced a “nonpartisan” commission led by two campaign lawyers “to improve the voting experience in America” because no one should have to wait in line for “five, six, seven hours just to cast their ballot.” Obama cited the experience of Desiline Victor, the 102-year-old voter who allegedly waited in line for three hours to vote.

Read more with links @ The myth of widespread long voting lines | Power Line

I myself voted early at a very convenient location and took no longer than 5 or 6 minutes in line before I went into the booth.

Ah, so that means everybody had the same experience. Thanks for clearing that up.
"Logic Stabbed with Long Knife, Left for Dead"

So those who waited up to eight hours to vote are a "myth".

I guess this story is a myth too then: Former Florida GOP leaders say voter suppression was reason they pushed new election law

And this must be a transmission from Planet Zorg:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGRhIvNEYMY]Senator: GOP operatives orchestrated Florida voting changes - YouTube[/ame]

And this must be CGI stuff:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJJsoiRvs0Y]Voting Lines in Orlando, FL - YouTube[/ame]

And this must be, I dunno, an airport with ticket kiosks that look like voting machines:
voting-lines.jpg

Live and learn.

Last edited:
Why do Republicans object to making the voting process convenient?

Forum List

Back