Voter fraud a myth or widespread?

Myth.

Research conducted by The Brennan Center for Justice is factual, YouTube videos are anecdotal and irrelevant.

There is almost no voting fraud in America. And none of the lawmakers who claim there is have ever been able to document any but the most isolated cases. The only reason Republicans are passing these laws is to give themselves a political edge by suppressing Democratic votes.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/10/opinion/the-myth-of-voter-fraud.html?_r=0

Myth.

Research conducted by The Brennan Center for Justice is factual, YouTube videos are anecdotal and irrelevant.

There is almost no voting fraud in America. And none of the lawmakers who claim there is have ever been able to document any but the most isolated cases. The only reason Republicans are passing these laws is to give themselves a political edge by suppressing Democratic votes.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/10/opinion/the-myth-of-voter-fraud.html?_r=0

I just saw this on the news this morning...not a you-tube video. But we know you wouldn't believe it anyway because it looks bad on your president, so i'll give you a pass... :)

• Banned
So videos of news broadcasts are no longer acceptable?

I don't know what you mean by "acceptable", but a woman claiming to have voted multiple times is anecdotal, whether or not it was on the news.

Anecdotal my ass. She was a poll worker. Supposed to uphold the integrity of the vote. And she admitted to voting up to 6 times.

She belongs in jail.

• Banned
I remember the left saying that kid that did the undercover expose on being able to vote more than once belonged in jail.

Wonder if they will express the same for this woman who actually did and admitted it.

So videos of news broadcasts are no longer acceptable?

I don't know what you mean by "acceptable", but a woman claiming to have voted multiple times is anecdotal, whether or not it was on the news.

Anecdotal my ass. She was a poll worker. Supposed to uphold the integrity of the vote. And she admitted to voting up to 6 times.

She belongs in jail.

Whether or not that's true, that doesn't make it evidence of "widespread voter fraud" - it's only evidence of one case of voter fraud.

That would be what "anecdotal" means. Proof of it happening once isn't proof of it being "widespread".

She belongs in jail.

Whether or not that's true, that doesn't make it evidence of "widespread voter fraud" - it's only evidence of one case of voter fraud.

That would be what "anecdotal" means. Proof of it happening once isn't proof of it being "widespread".

One would have to be truly naive to think this is an isolated incident.

She belongs in jail.

Let me try to explain what I'm saying.

You remember how, a year or so ago, when liberals kept showing pictures of tea party members holding racist signs, and using them to claim that racism was "widespread" in the tea party?

It's not a matter of being "naive", it's a matter of respecting data. It's what I do for a living. A single anecdote (or even multiple anecdotes) don't actually give us any information as to how "widespread" something is.

For every anecdote of someone committing voter fraud, I can give 20 anecdotes of people who didn't commit voter fraud. Neither would be "evidence" of anything.

You remember how, a year or so ago, when liberals kept showing pictures of tea party members holding racist signs, and using them to claim that racism was "widespread" in the tea party?

It's not a matter of being "naive", it's a matter of respecting data. It's what I do for a living. A single anecdote (or even multiple anecdotes) don't actually give us any information as to how "widespread" something is.

For every anecdote of someone committing voter fraud, I can give 20 anecdotes of people who didn't commit voter fraud. Neither would be "evidence" of anything.

Like I said, naive.

Just because you dont have a stat in front of you does not mean it does not exist.

I bet this is fairly common. I have no proof, just a hunch.

Like I said, naive.

Just because you dont have a stat in front of you does not mean it does not exist.

I bet this is fairly common. I have no proof, just a hunch.

That's my point. You have no proof of anything, but you believe that voter fraud is widespread anyway, because it justifies all the nonsense that everyone has been yelling about for the last few years.

I chose not to "believe" things unless I see evidence of them - and anecdotes are not evidence of anything being "widespread", or "fairly common".

I aint gonna lie. A lot of the black community went out and voted more than once. I went up to vote and the brother at the poll handed me 3 cards, was gonna hand them back he said VOTE, sure whatever it takes to get barack elected.

Forum List

Back