The Movie: 2016

One thing fascinating in the discussion in this thread is the complaint that a movie about Obama is not focusing on G.W. Bush. :)

One thing fascinating in the discussion in this thread is the complaint that a movie about Obama is not focusing on G.W. Bush. :)

A movie about Obama that doesn't focus on G.W. Bush is a "racist dog whistle."

Standard Disclaimer: Hey, little Chrissy "thrill up the leg," dog whistles can only be heard by dogs, so what does that make those who hear these "racist dog whistles?"

Bill Maher interviewed D'Sousa on his Friday night program and he spanked him. I haven't seen the movie but when (if) I do I will keep in mind that D'Sousa didn't have substantive answers to any of Maher's questions.

Bill Maher interviewed D'Sousa on his Friday night program and he spanked him. I haven't seen the movie but when (if) I do I will keep in mind that D'Sousa didn't have substantive answers to any of Maher's questions.
Maher didn’t have a substantive question nor did he really say a darn thing about the movie either.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwOy4F53rSg]Bill Maher rips Dinesh D'Souza a new butt hole over his new movie - YouTube[/ame]

There is only one thing Maher has ever spanked, and it wasn't D'Souza. Maher is an intellectual light weight who can't debate outside of a forum he controls.

The Liberals consistently call anything negative about Obama a lie. However, they rarely provide a viable source as proof. Most of them think that Left Wing Websites and blogs are viable sources.
This is common practice by the left wingnuts on these boards

Whether people believe D'Souza's nonsense is their problem. No one can stop them. Some people have a deep emotional need to believe crazy things about Obama. They weren't reasoned into that position, so they can't be reasoned out of it.

The more interesting question is how D'Souza manages to get his lunacy published at all. I've skimmed _The Roots of Obamas Rage_, which is what the movie is based on. It's just dumb. Normal people read _Dreams From My Father_ and see it as Obama being very disappointed in his father, being that's what he says. D'Souza flips the story around completely and reinterprets it as Obama wanting to mimic his father. Huh? Obama never says or implies such a thing, but D'Souza somehow sees it there.

D'Souza fans might also want to peruse some of his other works. There was his "slavery wasn't so bad" piece in 1995 (_The End of Racism_), and his "Liberals caused the 9/11 attacks because the muslims hate us for the freedom that the liberals bring!" piece in 2007 (_The Enemy at Home_). That's an especially entertaining one, being he implores the USA to become more like Bin Laden. This is the kind of guy that conservatives call their hero now.

Whether people believe D'Souza's nonsense is their problem. No one can stop them. Some people have a deep emotional need to believe crazy things about Obama. They weren't reasoned into that position, so they can't be reasoned out of it.

The more interesting question is how D'Souza manages to get his lunacy published at all. I've skimmed _The Roots of Obamas Rage_, which is what the movie is based on. It's just dumb. Normal people read _Dreams From My Father_ and see it as Obama being very disappointed in his father, being that's what he says. D'Souza flips the story around completely and reinterprets it as Obama wanting to mimic his father. Huh? Obama never says or implies such a thing, but D'Souza somehow sees it there.

D'Souza fans might also want to peruse some of his other works. There was his "slavery wasn't so bad" piece in 1995 (_The End of Racism_), and his "Liberals caused the 9/11 attacks because the muslims hate us for the freedom that the liberals bring!" piece in 2007 (_The Enemy at Home_). That's an especially entertaining one, being he implores the USA to become more like Bin Laden. This is the kind of guy that conservatives call their hero now.

The only problem with your claim is that D'Souza's information is documented, verifiable FACT. In fact, much of the movie is Obama's own voice reading his own autobiography. Footnoted documentation is how he gets published.

The only problem with your claim is that D'Souza's information is documented, verifiable FACT.

No. D'Souza makes up idiot conclusions based on twisting the facts to suit his agenda.

In fact, much of the movie is Obama's own voice reading his own autobiography.

And by ripping it all wildly out of context, D'Souza reveals himself as a particularly sleazy liar.

D'Souza's prize quote is this one:
--
"It was into my father's image, the black man, son of Africa, that I'd packed all the attributes I sought in myself." Even though his father was absent for virtually all his life, Obama writes, "My father's voice had nevertheless remained untainted, inspiring, rebuking, granting or withholding approval. You do not work hard enough, Barry. You must help in your people's struggle. Wake up, black man!"
---

Sounds pretty damning, eh? Oh wait. D'Souza deliberately leaves out most of the quote.

---
All my life, I had carried a single image of my father, one that I had sometimes rebelled against but had never questioned, one that I had later tried to take as my own. The brilliant scholar, the generous friend, the upstanding leader — my father had been all those things. All those things and more, because except for that one brief visit in Hawaii, he had never been present to foil the image, because I hadn’t seen what perhaps most men see at some point in their lives: their father’s body shrinking, their father’s best hopes dashed, their father’s face lined with grief and regret.

Yes, I’d seen weakness in other men — Gramps and his disappointments, Lolo and his compromise. But these men had become object lessons for me, men I might love but never emulate, white men and brown men whose fates didn’t speak to my own. It was into my father’s image, the black man, son of Africa, that I’d packed all the attributes I sought in myself, the attributes of Martin and Malcolm, DuBois and Mandela. And if later I saw that the black men I knew — Frank or Ray or Will or Rafiq — fell short of such lofty standards; if I had learned to respect these men for the struggles they went through, recognizing them as my own — my father’s voice had nevertheless remained untainted, inspiring, rebuking, granting or withholding approval. You do not work hard enough, Barry. You must help in your people’s struggle. Wake up, black man!

Now, as I sat in the glow of a single light bulb, rocking slightly on a hard-backed chair, that image had suddenly vanished. Replaced by…what? A bitter drunk? An abusive husband? A defeated, lonely bureaucrat? To think that all my life I had been wrestling with nothing more than a ghost!
---

So, the passage is specifically about the moment Obama learns to reject his father's vision, yet D'Souza snips the words to make it look like Obama is embracing his father's vision.

The centerpoint of D'Souza's book and movie is a shameless lie. The question now becomes how you react to that news. Do you take the liar to task, or do you embrace the lie yourself and scream hatred at the messenger who dared point out the lie?

I heard the movie is about as unbiased as most of Micheal Moore's documentaries. :eusa_whistle:
So the right will love the movie and not question anything in the movie.

Why do asshats make foolish posts about things they haven't a clue about? You obviously have not read the thread.

He outclassed and outsmarted Maher at every turn. Maher is an closed minded brainless dishonest ass with a cheerleading section

They did a fact check on this movie which I looked at before deciding whether to see it.

FACT CHECK: Anti-Obama film muddy on facts - Yahoo! News

I'm guessing that Beth Fouhy failed to even watch the film.

First off, she doesn't come up with a single item that is not fact, she rather complains of D'Souza's conclusions.

She stated " But it's difficult to see how Obama's political leanings could have been so directly shaped by his father, as D'Souza claims." and yet this is explained in intricate detail in the film, leaving one to conclude that Ms. Fouhy is either abysmally stupid - she is a leftist after all, or simply didn't see the film she was critiquing - a more likely scenario.
Yes the she does, and does so immediately as you have pointed out. There is not one 'verifiable fact' that would 'prove' obama was born in Hawaii. There isn't even one 'verifiable fact' that obama sr. is obama's real father. Sheriff Arpiao has compelling and conclusive evidence that every single piece of documentation that obama has 'produced' to prove he was born in Hawaii is not only a forgery, but an amateurish forgery at that, from the certificate of birth, to the selective service registration, to his Connecticut social security number that is in someone else's name that would have been born in 1890, not to mention obama has lived in Connecticut. Now just because the media adores obama and will lie to the end of the earth to protect him, and politicians on both sides won't touch the issue because of what they're afraid will happen, has no bearing at all on the truth, and the facts, and the facts of the matter that obama was born in Kenya far exceed any conjured up stories and forgeries that he was born Hawaii.

I will not see this movie.

proof-obama-was-born-in-kenya-raised-muslim-not-in-hawaii.jpg

Capture--2.jpg

bs_obama.jpg

obamaslies.jpg

Last edited:
No. D'Souza makes up idiot conclusions based on twisting the facts to suit his agenda.

Like what?

Specifically?

I'll wait while you log on to ThinkProgress for the talking points.

And by ripping it all wildly out of context, D'Souza reveals himself as a particularly sleazy liar.

ROFL

What a fool you are, even for a partisan hack.

D'Souza's prize quote is this one:
--
"It was into my father's image, the black man, son of Africa, that I'd packed all the attributes I sought in myself." Even though his father was absent for virtually all his life, Obama writes, "My father's voice had nevertheless remained untainted, inspiring, rebuking, granting or withholding approval. You do not work hard enough, Barry. You must help in your people's struggle. Wake up, black man!"
---

Sounds pretty damning, eh? Oh wait. D'Souza deliberately leaves out most of the quote.

---
All my life, I had carried a single image of my father, one that I had sometimes rebelled against but had never questioned, one that I had later tried to take as my own. The brilliant scholar, the generous friend, the upstanding leader — my father had been all those things. All those things and more, because except for that one brief visit in Hawaii, he had never been present to foil the image, because I hadn’t seen what perhaps most men see at some point in their lives: their father’s body shrinking, their father’s best hopes dashed, their father’s face lined with grief and regret.

You're lying, moron. D'Sauza uses the full quote in the movie, which is FAR more telling than the shorter version.

I heard the movie is about as unbiased as most of Micheal Moore's documentaries. :eusa_whistle:

No you didn't, but you're going to say it anyway, because leftism rather than integrity is what is important to you.

So the right will love the movie and not question anything in the movie.

Moore is a demagogue, very little of what he uses is factual.

Show me anything that was not fact in D'Sauza's movie?

You can't, all you can do is launch into ad hom and scream "out of context." KOS, TP, MoveOn; all the hate sites that do your thinking for you have been desperately trying to attack D'Sauza - and have failed.

Forum List

Back