The mountain lion killed by the man was about 35lbs and about 6 months old.

The video I posted actually angered me. A little funny yes, but those idiots stood around videoing this poor cat who will likely be that gators next meal.

They should have chased it off.

I posted it because this cat vs the gator is about the same as this "man" vs a 20 pound kitten.
Do some of you realize how SMALL of an animal that is????

A 35 pound cat of any species could fuck you up.

What was the guy supposed to do, distract it with a laser pointer?

Where was it reported it was 35 lbs and 6 months old? They said less than and year old and couldn’t be sure of weight as it had been eaten on by predators-

FORT COLLINS, Colo. – The juvenile mountain lion killed by a trail runner Monday afternoon at Horsetooth Mountain Open Space was so badly eaten by other animals that a necropsy couldn’t positively identify the sex or weight of the animal.

Horsetooth Mountain Park will remain closed through Friday, wildlife officials say. The runner, who has been released from a local hospital, choked the cougar to death.

Colorado Parks and Wildlife officials said Tuesday the mountain lion was less than a year old and weighed less than 100 pounds.
Mountain lion that attacked runner in Colorado was later eaten by other animals
An 'incredibly weird' young mountain lion A necropsy revealed that the mountain lion that attacked Kauffman weighed 35 to 40 pounds, according to KUNC radio.

Let's be honest, that Colorado jogger may have killed a starving, baby mountain lion separated from its mom

Thank you. I noticed this in the article-

necropsy revealed that the mountain lion that attacked Kauffman weighed 35 to 40 pounds, according to KUNC radio. Colorado Parks and Wildlife reported that the cat was only a year old.

But they did not report the lion had been eaten on by predators by the time they found it. This is how stories go wild and take on a life of their own.

Where was it reported it was 35 lbs and 6 months old? They said less than and year old and couldn’t be sure of weight as it had been eaten on by predators-

FORT COLLINS, Colo. – The juvenile mountain lion killed by a trail runner Monday afternoon at Horsetooth Mountain Open Space was so badly eaten by other animals that a necropsy couldn’t positively identify the sex or weight of the animal.

Horsetooth Mountain Park will remain closed through Friday, wildlife officials say. The runner, who has been released from a local hospital, choked the cougar to death.

Colorado Parks and Wildlife officials said Tuesday the mountain lion was less than a year old and weighed less than 100 pounds.
Mountain lion that attacked runner in Colorado was later eaten by other animals
An 'incredibly weird' young mountain lion A necropsy revealed that the mountain lion that attacked Kauffman weighed 35 to 40 pounds, according to KUNC radio.

Let's be honest, that Colorado jogger may have killed a starving, baby mountain lion separated from its mom

Only if you allowed it to. In the post above yours I gave the physical size of my 22 pound cat. Sorry, he's no threat but to baby rabbits. From the size I've given you should be able to see how small a cat would be who is 10 pounds heavier.

And no, it would be no serious threat. I would have helped the starving animal.

I knew the douchebag jogger's story was fake. Cannot find my post though in which I stated that. The douchebag killed a 4 month old orphaned kitten and probably scratched himself like that homosexual racist in Chicago did. An adult mountain lion generally kills any adult or more it wants to in a single attack.

I knew the douchebag jogger's story was fake. Cannot find my post though in which I stated that. The douchebag killed a 4 month old orphaned kitten and probably scratched himself like that homosexual racist in Chicago did. An adult mountain lion generally kills any adult or more it wants to in a single attack.
Fear causes humans to do evil things.

Glad to see my fellow deplorables also love animals and feels bad for the cougar. I thought the same thing, did you really have to strangle it to death? That must have taken quite a while...

Easy for someone not in his position to say. He was blindsided. The cat wouldn’t let go of his arm. Period.

It is easy to call someone a pussy who is fighting a 35 pound animal with full claws, fangs and a bad disposition to boot cuz he is starving.

Fuck that cat, I'd blow it away with a shot gun or a bazooka if one was laying around to use.

Animals have no right to a fighting chance when they jump you from behind.

:banana2::banana2::banana2::banana2::banana2::banana2::banana2::banana2:

..did the cat actually attack or do you think he might've been the aggressor?
'''ARE MOUNTAIN LIONS DANGEROUS?
To deer, yes! To people, not so much. Human encounters with mountain lions are rare and the risk of an attack is infinitely small. '''
Frequently Asked Questions About Mountain Lions
per the odds---the lion attacked is very low
possibly but very improbable....?

To deer, yes! To people, not so much. Human encounters with mountain lions are rare and the risk of an attack is infinitely small. '''
To almost any predator, their prey is identified by how they react to the predator, not from some kind of homothropic categorization. They dont say to themselves "Oh, that is a sheep, I can go get it, but that is a people so I'll let them go by."

No, if you are running away from a Mountain Lion, and if they are starving and desperate, they may go with their lizard brain and assume you are running from them because you are weak and vulnerable, and be optimistic in their evaluation and just go get their meal hot on the hoof.

I have known a lot of hunters, some Grizzley Bear hunters, and all of them say, never act like a possum, if a predator comes at you make yourself look as big as you can by raising your gun over your head and yell at them as loud as you can IF they are coming at you. They work by instinct and will likely run off.

And if they dont, well you were fucked anyway if you didnt have a gun on you.

I'll give the human being the benefit of the doubt when he has claw marks and fang bites all over his back and face, dude.

I'll give the human being the benefit of the doubt when he has claw marks and fang bites all over his back and face, dude.
that definitely is not evidence the cat started it !

the fact is, risk of cats attacking is infinitely small

Cougars, even full grown, rarely attack humans and aren't all that capable....they are like a deer. I don't blame the guy. With urban sprawl, humans are expanding where we don't belong.

Reminds of this. That, is a lucky cat. Gator was just not in the mood. Reptiles get docile. Perhaps the temperature was cooler.

Now, these moron dog owners.....

WARNING a bit cathartic for sensitive people

One of the reasons people make me a bit sick

Muggsy the gator fighting cat is or was famous. He has been beating up gators since he was just a stray cajun kitten. There are tons of Muggsy videos out there. If he's still alive he would be very old today.

To almost any predator, their prey is identified by how they react to the predator, not from some kind of homothropic categorization. They dont say to themselves "Oh, that is a sheep, I can go get it, but that is a people so I'll let them go by."

No, if you are running away from a Mountain Lion, and if they are starving and desperate, they may go with their lizard brain and assume you are running from them because you are weak and vulnerable, and be optimistic in their evaluation and just go get their meal hot on the hoof.

I have known a lot of hunters, some Grizzley Bear hunters, and all of them say, never act like a possum, if a predator comes at you make yourself look as big as you can by raising your gun over your head and yell at them as loud as you can IF they are coming at you. They work by instinct and will likely run off.

And if they dont, well you were fucked anyway if you didnt have a gun on you.
This is true. Although, different species do learn and they tend to hunt according to learned behavior. For example, not all prides of lions actively hunt elephants, but some do. Same as giraffes.

There still has not been any documented case of an orca hunting and killing a human IN THE WILD.

Here is a great example. Orcas hunting for seals or whatever, completely ignore a very easy meal by swimming right past two people. Trust me, those orcas were well aware of them.

Another case captured by camera where a small pod of orcas come up on a person swimming. They were curious, but never attacked. Doubt the person was even in any real danger. Unless, the young one decided to "play with him."

A lot of people think orcas just beach themselves to hunt. Actually that is limited to certain pods that learned that technique.

It was fight or flight, and you are not going to outrun a cougar.

A very unfortunate situation.
35 POUNDS!
I just measured my 22 pound outdoor, muscular cat.
He's 12 inches tall at the shoulders and 18 inches long.

RUN FOR YOUR LIVES PUSSIES!

You have obviously never been attacked by a military working dog. They would not weigh more than about 35-40 pounds and yet they are so muscular that they can easily handle a full grown adult male. They bite and do not let go!

Only if you allowed it to. In the post above yours I gave the physical size of my 22 pound cat. Sorry, he's no threat but to baby rabbits. From the size I've given you should be able to see how small a cat would be who is 10 pounds heavier.

And no, it would be no serious threat. I would have helped the starving animal.

Your 22 pound house cat is likely morbidly obese.

Reminds of this. That, is a lucky cat. Gator was just not in the mood. Reptiles get docile. Perhaps the temperature was cooler.

Now, these moron dog owners.....

WARNING a bit cathartic for sensitive people

One of the reasons people make me a bit sick

Muggsy the gator fighting cat is or was famous. He has been beating up gators since he was just a stray cajun kitten. There are tons of Muggsy videos out there. If he's still alive he would be very old today.

Gators are to be feared, by house cats and 35 pound baby mountain lions.

Forum List

Back