The most inept leader in world history

Just read the definition of inept. The regimes of any of those despotic dictators may have been cruel, violent, murderous, despotic, but they were not inept. They were not foolish. It takes obama to be downright foolish. Stalin was a lot of really bad things, but no one would use the word foolish.

And this is where I think it just comes down to a lack of knowledge.

Stalin WAS ignorant. He had very little education, and what he did have was in religion. He had no formal education in the modern sene of the term, and had an extremely limited knowldge of law, economic or the military.

Likewise Ceacescu, Mao, Saddam, Qaddaffi - none were adequately educated. Most came through basic military training, and that was about it. None had tertiary degrees; few despots have even completed high school.

Obama has an extremely impressive education, and even though you may dislike him politically, a smart person is always going to admit that he is an intelligent and educated man.

Typical liberal ignorance here. Some of the brightest people in world history never attended and/or graduated from college - Albert Einstein, Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, Michael Dell, etc.

Albert Einstein actually did VERY poorly in grade school. A degree from a college that trains you in useless information like plant photosynthesis is no indication of intelligence, and anyone with an ounce of intelligence knows this. You just illustrated how truly stupid you are by claiming people with out college degrees are "ignorant".

Just read the definition of inept. The regimes of any of those despotic dictators may have been cruel, violent, murderous, despotic, but they were not inept. They were not foolish. It takes obama to be downright foolish. Stalin was a lot of really bad things, but no one would use the word foolish.

Stalin WAS ignorant. He had very little education, and what he did have was in religion. He had no formal education in the modern sene of the term, and had an extremely limited knowldge of law, economic or the military.

Likewise Ceacescu, Mao, Saddam, Qaddaffi - none were adequately educated. Most came through basic military training, and that was about it. None had tertiary degrees; few despots have even completed high school.

Obama has an extremely impressive education, and even though you may dislike him politically, a smart person is always going to admit that he is an intelligent and educated man.

I would make the observation, Saigon that although Mr. Obama has some rather impressive degrees, his "education" on the subject of economics is fully as lacking as any of the people you've listed above.

Typical liberal ignorance here. Some of the brightest people in world history never attended and/or graduated from college - Albert Einstein, Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, Michael Dell, etc.

Albert Einstein actually did VERY poorly in grade school. A degree from a college that trains you in useless information like plant photosynthesis is no indication of intelligence, and anyone with an ounce of intelligence knows this. You just illustrated how truly stupid you are by claiming people with out college degrees are "ignorant".

Exacept that I didn't say that, of course.

I said Stalin was ignorant, which was unquestionably true.

I also said that Obama had a far better education than most of the despots you have claimed were les "inept" than Obama is.

Isn't it interesting to see right wing posters campaigning against educated politicians!

Highly educated people can be inept. Education has nothing to do with it.

Exacept that I didn't say that, of course.

I said Stalin was ignorant, which was unquestionably true.

I also said that Obama had a far better education than most of the despots you have claimed were les "inept" than Obama is.

Isn't it interesting to see right wing posters campaigning against educated politicians!

Of course educated people can be foolish. They are foolish all the time. They make foolish decisions all the time.

I see some growing reliance on the Philosopher Kings as envisioned by Plato. A group whose education just renders them incapable of making poor decisions. The natural rulers of all.

They can, it's true.

But I would still prefer to have a leader with a strong education.

Obama is far, far better educated than any of the despots listed on this thread. He is also clearly more intelligent and more literate than most of them as well.

Again - you might not like the guy, but you'd be better off following John McCan's lead and accepting that Obma is an intelligent and decent man.

Bashar Assad is highly educated. So what? Obama is a worse president than Assad.

They can, it's true.

But I would still prefer to have a leader with a strong education.

Obama is far, far better educated than any of the despots listed on this thread. He is also clearly more intelligent and more literate than most of them as well.

Again - you might not like the guy, but you'd be better off following John McCan's lead and accepting that Obma is an intelligent and decent man.

You KNOW he's educated because he told you so. We really don't know how educated he is because we don't know anything about him. What we do know is that he has a piece of paper saying he is educated. Much like the Strawman from the Wizard of Oz. He wanted a brain and the Wizard gave him a college degree.

If education was your criteria, vote Mitt Romney, he has a law degree and an MBA, which he got at the same time going to school for both at once. We know obama reads. What does he read? His favorite book is the "The Post American World".

I do not think obama is intelligent because he does not do intelligent things. He does not take actions measured by intelligence. He is personally a decent man, but outside of his personal sphere of influence he is devious and cunning. A wolf shows remarkable intelligence every time it figures out how to get into the henhouse. We do not elect wolves to guard that henhouse no matter how much intelligence they show.

After all, if intelligence and education were really the criteria, we would have unanimously elected Ted Kaczynski as president. And, he was a staunch environmentalist who lived his beliefs.

He kept Syria peaceful for decades.

No, he didn't. He only came into power in 2000.

His FATHER was in powr for decades, and stayed in power by all means necessary - including bombing his only people. The Hama bombings are infamous throughout the region.

Syria wasn't 'peaceful' - it was too terrfied to speak.

He kept Syria peaceful for decades.

No, he didn't. He only came into power in 2000.

His FATHER was in powr for decades, and stayed in power by all means necessary - including bombing his only people. The Hama bombings are infamous throughout the region.

Syria wasn't 'peaceful' - it was too terrfied to speak.

It will be much better under the muslim brotherhood. As good as Afghanistan was under the Taliban.

Bashar Assad is highly educated. So what? Obama is a worse president than Assad.

Oh right....and American cities are in ruin because Obama keeps sending the airforce to bomb them.

You're a cihild.

Detroit:
Detroit.jpg

Chicago:
urban%20decay.jpg

Memphis:

6081296727_33ecdd7b1c.jpg

East St Louis:
image.png

Obama doesnt even use bombs. Liberal policies are enough to turn once-prosperous cities into crumbling bombed out slums. Obama is worse than Assad.

Last edited:
It will be much better under the muslim brotherhood. As good as Afghanistan was under the Taliban.

Personally I will always support people standing up for their freedom and democratic rights.

Let's hope it goes as well for them as it is for the Tunisians, Egyptians and Libyans.

Personally I will always support people standing up for their freedom and democratic rights.

Let's hope it goes as well for them as it is for the Tunisians, Egyptians and Libyans.

Yes, as well as it has worked out for Egypt and Libya certainly.

It is entirely possible to have a democracy composed entirely of cannibals. The essence of democracy at its very core is the lynch mob. If there isn't the freedom to murder people who don't agree with you, do you really have freedom at all?

they hate democracy.

they actually think only certain people should be allowed to have one

Exactly - so let's at least try and be positive and hope Syrians can also enjoy some of the freedoms you and I take for granted.

There are plenty of good, safe, sane Islamic democracies now, so there does seem to be a trend.

they hate democracy.

they actually think only certain people should be allowed to have one

Well, that's true. Not everybody should have democracy. I recall a statement by Prince Bandar in explaining why Saudi Arabia doesn't have democracy. He said "Let the people vote on the subject and we would be beheading random women in the streets."

Democracy is America is only good up to the point where people vote against same sex marriage, racial discrimination and equal pay. Then democracy is bad. It doesn't protect the rights of minorities. Of course democracy doesn't protect the rights of minorities. It's foolish to say so or even think that it does. The essence of democracy is to eliminate rights at the whim of the majority.

To say that anyone "hates" democracy is idiotic. It fails to recognize that democracy is like a hammer, it is a tool. It can be used to nail together two boards and reinforce your roof, or bash someone's head in.

Exactly - so let's at least try and be positive and hope Syrians can also enjoy some of the freedoms you and I take for granted.

There are plenty of good, safe, sane Islamic democracies now, so there does seem to be a trend.

The Syrians, like the Egyptians and Libyans are exchanging one form of despotism for another. They have "freedom" which translates to them, the freedom to cruciify Christians, burn Churches, and murder American ambassadors. They are a people who will be constantly at war, with themselves and with the world. For whatever reason, and perhaps many reasons, they are incapable of the peace of a free people. With no one left to murder, they will happily turn on one another. They need a strong dictator who is unafraid to rule by cruelty but will keep the peace.

Forum List

Back