The miracle of Apple Cider Vinegar

Gracie

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2013
Lost
Apple Cider Vinegar for Health and Well Being

In addition to the acetic and malic acid, apple cider vinegar also possesses a number of characteristic acids, vitamins, mineral salts and amino acids. These nutrients work together to make cider vinegar the effective health tonic it is today. Among the tonic’s active ingredients are soluble fiber in the form of pectin, vitamin A, vitamin B6, vitamin C, vitamin E, thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, pantothenic acid, beta-carotene and lycopene. The compound also contains minerals such as sodium, phosphorus, potassium, calcium, iron and magnesium.

With all of these nutrients and others, apple cider vinegar is effective for treating a wide range of conditions. Often used in conjunction with organic honey, cider vinegar has a range of useful applications including treating osteoporosis, weight loss, leg cramps and pain, upset stomach and sore throat. The liquid can also be used to alleviate sinus congestion, high blood pressure, arthritis and high cholesterol. The tonic is even effective for detoxing the body, stimulating thinking, reversing the aging process, regulating blood pressure and fighting infection.

Apple cider vinegar can be used effectively internally and externally. The vinegar is often used as an astringent or toner for treating a number of skin conditions. Other common ailments apple cider vinegar can treat include acne, sunburn, shingles, insect bites, dandruff, allergic reactions and vaginal infections.

A fermented juice made from crushed apples, apple cider vinegar contains high concentrations of acetic acid, B vitamins, vitamin C and a host of other nutrients. All of these nutrients together function in the body to treat sickness and alleviate illness. Among its treatment applications are diabetes, arthritis, sinus congestion, high blood pressure and several others. It is believed that apple cider vinegar alters the very way the digestive and circulatory systems function in a positive way, making them more effective. More than just a flavoring agent, apple cider vinegar is one of the most effective health tonics available today!

It really works.

Rinse dogs after a bath..fleas HATE it. Rinse your hair. It will smell like a salad dressing until it dries, then it will be shiney and dandruff free. Use some in a birdbath...keeps the water fresh and it is good for the birds. Sniff a steaming cup of it diluted with a bit of water and sinuses will clear up, etc etc etc.

Last edited:
I have really dry skin, due to RA. I take NOTHING for it. Not one med. I deal with it. Sucks, but...there are other options other than deadly drugs. There is no cure for Rhuematoid Arthritis. Just crap they want you to take to "ease the symptoms". Well, not me. When I was diagnosed, I went gluten free although I am not gluten intolerant. I stopped all sodas. I only drink decaf tea and coffee. And I used a LOT of ACV. Not the store bought stuff. The stuff with the "mother" in it cuz the mother is where the magic is.

Stat has bronchitis. I told him to put ACV in his morning green tea. He is almost over it now. When my sinuses start acting up soon due to allergies...I will be sniffing ACV in a steaming bowl of hot water. I also rinse my hair with it. No more conditioners. ACV works better and the dry scalp I had is now under control. When I went to the dermatologist due to the cracking skin on my head and behind my ear, he gave me a cream but I told him I was using ACV but stopped. He said "do it again. Keep doing it. That stuff is magical".

White vinegar cleans out coffee pots, right? It is too strong for our bodies, but ACV can clean our pipes, too. Just do as directed in the link. :)

Last edited:
My blood pressure has always been extremely high. For the first time, these past few months, the doc has raised his eyebrows seeing what it is now. Normal. I have been seeing him for a very long time and he was as surprised as I was. And my cholesterol he was having hissies about? Normal.

ACV is good stuff!

My blood pressure has always been extremely high. For the first time, these past few months, the doc has raised his eyebrows seeing what it is now. Normal. I have been seeing him for a very long time and he was as surprised as I was. And my cholesterol he was having hissies about? Normal.

ACV is good stuff!

Indeed. I had stress related hypertension for some time, and was prescribed a low dosage of Lisinopril which did nothing. I began taking a tablespoon of ACV, and within about 2 weeks saw my Systolic reading drop by about 10 points, and my Diastolic by about 5. I'm back to normal now usually around 119/78.

ACV is good stuff!

Indeed. I had stress related hypertension for some time, and was prescribed a low dosage of Lisinopril which did nothing. I began taking a tablespoon of ACV, and within about 2 weeks saw my Systolic reading drop by about 10 points, and my Diastolic by about 5. I'm back to normal now usually around 119/78.

Gracie recommended it to me, it is called Apfelessig (naturtrüb) in German and it did help to clean out my system, so to speak. Not really a great taste, however...

And if you use ACV to rinse your berries, it'll keep them from getting moldy so fast.

My Grandma don did teach me about how vinegar is a cure all...and it goes good on spinach, turnip greens, mustard greens and kale....yum, grow aloe for first aid.....

I've used apple cider vinegar in my hair care routine for years. It sanitizes, is antibacterial, seals strands and adds gloss. No odor once dry. 1 tbspn per 1 cup water as part 2 of my "shampoo/conditioner" in the shower. Part 1 is 1 tbspn baking soda per 1 cup water applied to dry hair, saturating the strands, then rinse. It deodorizes, cleans, and absorbs oils. Both Part 1 and Part 2 balance the pH, neither strip your hair, and they are easily made for pennies. I have very long hair, always shiny and healthy.

Can you actually take it in internally? Or is it for external use only?

Yes, internally. Salad dressings are made with ACV. Just make sure it is unfiltered with "the mother" in it. Bragg's is a good company and most health food stores carry it. One gallon lasts a LONG time.

I like it in my hot tea. Gives it some zap.

Where can you get it?

Any healthfood store. NOT the super market.

@katzndogz

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Bragg-Apple-Cider-Vinegar-32/dp/B001I7MVG0]Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar Organic Raw -- 32 fl oz: Amazon.com: Grocery & Gourmet Food[/ame]

This is kind of embarassing, but it is also great for itchy skin under large breasts...down in the nether regions where yeast infections can occur, etc. You can eat yogurt too...but clean yourself with diluted ACV, dip your wash cloth in it, and pat where the rash is. Yes, it will sting, but not for long. And it feels so good when you are done.

In between showering, I use it that way for a sponge bath. Once dry, I put on scent free lotion on my skin...and on my hands, I use the bagbalm.

Forum List

Back