The men who built America

Dude....did you even read the OP? This IS about those tychoons of the late 1800's and early 1900's.

BTW....my wife and I are both Public Sector employees. The Robber Barons don't do shit to us. We work our asses off and we are well paid. People in the Private Sector work their asses off and get fucked.

Yes, the ceiling is higher in the public sector.....but what good is a high ceiling if the only choices is win or lose? And believe me...it gets more and more like that as time goes on.

Someday, it will be your job and you'll be stuck at 7/11 trying to feed your family....or some big company will run yours into the ground.

shocked+face.jpg

yeah well...guess what? We are living the American dream. We have good jobs with medical/dental/vision.....and in 12 more years? we'll be able to retire with a full pension for the rest of our lives....oh yeah, we'll get Social Security too when we are old enough. Don't worry....we pay in 3% of our gross incomes for our health insurance and 7% towards our retirements...the Commonwealth.just matches it.

Not much longer comrade...you fuckers fucked yourselfs outta a job. Winds of change are a coming...and they smell like General Tso, Tamales and curry

Last edited:

yeah well...guess what? We are living the American dream. We have good jobs with medical/dental/vision.....and in 12 more years? we'll be able to retire with a full pension for the rest of our lives....oh yeah, we'll get Social Security too when we are old enough. Don't worry....we pay in 3% of our gross incomes for our health insurance and 7% towards our retirements...the Commonwealth.just matches it.

Not much longer comrade...you fuckers fucked yourselfs outta a job. Winds of change are a coming...and they smell like General Tso, Tamales and curry

no...they're not. You just think that. Your far right bullshit isn't the mainstream...it's the fringe. You just think that because you are the loudest, you're the strongest....you're just a bunch of idiots who think that the right wing propaganda machine is reality.

Yup, unions and the greatest generation are gone, and so far under Pub Pander-to-the-greedy-rich tax rates etc the nonrich and the country are going to hell. Seems like the gov't is all that's left to protect the workers and the nonrich. Pub dupes, see sig pp1.

no...they're not. You just think that. Your far right bullshit isn't the mainstream...it's the fringe. You just think that because you are the loudest, you're the strongest....you're just a bunch of idiots who think that the right wing propaganda machine is reality.

Hey plate..you are taliking to a man that has many years in the plup, paper and power industry. I have seen first hand what has happend to the Unions over the years. You got lazy & greedy. You are your own worst nightmare.

Most of the plants I service are not hiring, but are using outside contractors. They are waiting for you old fuckers to retire and they are not replacing you. Its just a matter of time until 90% of the unions left in the US Are going to be located in just a very few states. Drive another nail in your coffin, with your demands of fair pay for fair work. Like union guys ever gave an honest 8 hr day.

Most union guys I work with have'nt put in an honest 8 hrs a day in 20 yrs. Show up @ 7am, go to work about 8-8.15, take a 30 min break at 9.30. go back to work about 10.15, break for lunch at 11.30. Come back to work at 12.45 but forgot tools and parts. get back to work at 1.45. Got to go to 2pm break at 1.45pm. Go back to work at 2.30pm, work until 3pm. Go to shop and fuck off untill 4pm.

And you wonder why.

Last edited:
Hey Yinzer. Did the 'Men who Built America' have competition, or not?

LOL

Couldn't find anything, could you?

Let's shove it up your ass, one man at a time.

Did Vanderbilt have competition in the shipping business?

He was a robber baron. During the Civil War he sold or leased to the U.S. Navy unseaworthy vessels at inflated prices, some were in such bad shape they sank before leaving port, at least two of his ships sank in open sea taking their entire crews down with them. After the Civil War he used lawyers and hired guns to steal land from settlers and indians to build his railroads on.

Great man, huh? You know....I think the only reason some of these scumbags ever became philanthropists was because they felt guilt in their old age and were worried about their souls.

Hey plate..you are taliking to a man that has many years in the plup, paper and power industry. I have seen first hand what has happend to the Unions over the years. You got lazy & greedy. You are your own worst nightmare.

Most of the plants I service are not hiring, but are using outside contractors. They are waiting for you old fuckers to retire and they are not replacing you. Its just a matter of time until 90% of the unions left in the US Are going to be located in just a very few states. Drive another nail in your coffin, with your demands of fair pay for fair work. Like union guys ever gave an honest 8 hr day.

Most union guys I work with have'nt put in an honest 8 hrs a day in 20 yrs. Show up @ 7am, go to work about 8-8.15, take a 30 min break at 9.30. go back to work about 10.15, break for lunch at 11.30. Come back to work at 12.45 but forgot tools and parts. get back to work at 1.45. Got to go to 2pm break at 1.45pm. Go back to work at 2.30pm, work until 3pm. Go to shop and fuck off untill 4pm.

And you wonder why.

blah, blah, blah....Typical right wing bullshit. All propaganda all the time.

Yeah....that's why just about everything NON-ELECTRONIC in my house is American made. Even my TV is a Vizio. I won't say everything....but just about.

Vizio - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Vizio is a privately held producer of consumer electronics, based in Irvine, California, USA. It was founded in October 2002 as V Inc.[2] Vizio's major partner in the consumer electronics arena is AmTran Technology, a Taiwan-based OEM/ODM that manufactures more than half of the televisions sold by Vizio[3] and owns a 23% stake in the company.[3][4] Vizio also manufactures its products in Mexico and China under agreements with ODM assemblers in those countries.[5]

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!

You.

are

a

fucking

moron.

You're dismissed....Go play in your sandbox.

Don't you feel stupid claiming your TV was American made?

He was a robber baron. During the Civil War he sold or leased to the U.S. Navy unseaworthy vessels at inflated prices, some were in such bad shape they sank before leaving port, at least two of his ships sank in open sea taking their entire crews down with them. After the Civil War he used lawyers and hired guns to steal land from settlers and indians to build his railroads on.

Great man, huh? You know....I think the only reason some of these scumbags ever became philanthropists was because they felt guilt in their old age and were worried about their souls.

He was a robber baron.

Who did he rob?

During the Civil War he sold or leased to the U.S. Navy unseaworthy vessels at inflated prices,

Says who?

some were in such bad shape they sank before leaving port,

That sounds like a myth. I read a very thick biography of Venderbuilt and it never mentioned such an episode.

at least two of his ships sank in open sea taking their entire crews down with them.

Ships often sank in the sea in those days. They still do.

After the Civil War he used lawyers and hired guns to steal land from settlers and indians to build his railroads on.

More bullshit.

Vanderbilt was not a philanthropist. You made a lot of claims about Vanderbilt that I've never heard. Where's the evidence for your claims?

This may be a shock to you but the men highlighted in the show were not born rich they actually had to work for their wealth.

So? Should they have been just given it? Let me guess....the workers that they drove into the ground deserved it.

Well give it to me does seem to be the mantra of the left. What about the workers who took the jobs and money they were paid and used that to build homes and provide for their families and even gasp start their own businesses? Here is a little something for you to think about though I doubt you will when these men were trying build there businesses there were no safety nets for them no corporate welfare no government bailouts they took the chances and the risk and either reaped the benefits of success or the loss that came with failure.
The 19th and early century was a far different world than today. Enormous amounts of wealth was concentrated in a revealingly small numbers of people. The middle class hardly existed. There was the wealthy and there was the poor with little in between. There was relativity little upward mobility in society. A small business was likely to remain small. Big business had little competition compared to today. There was plenty of government bailouts for big business because big business controlled government even more than it does today.

America was built by both labor and capital just as it is today. The difference between today and the past is that a person born into labor would likely remain a laborer for his entire life with little chance for advancement. Only the very brightness and industrious were able to rise up.

The 19th and early century was a far different world than today. Enormous amounts of wealth was concentrated in a revealingly small numbers of people. The middle class hardly existed. There was the wealthy and there was the poor with little in between. There was relativity little upward mobility in society. A small business was likely to remain small. Big business had little competition compared to today. There was plenty of government bailouts for big business because big business controlled government even more than it does today.

That is all pure Marxist horseshit propaganda. None of it is true.

America was built by both labor and capital just as it is today. The difference between today and the past is that a person born into labor would likely remain a laborer for his entire life with little chance for advancement. Only the very brightness and industrious were able to rise up.

If labor was the essential ingredient, then why didn't other countries grow rich? Didn't any other country have plenty of labor? Why is it that only in the country where individuals are allowed to pursue their aims as far as they will go did the country become so enormously wealthy.

The theory that labor is responsible for America's enormous wealth is obvious bullshit. Not even Karl Marx believes it.

DVR.....The men who REALLY built America weren't rich tychoons. The men who built America slaved and worked their asses off...laying brick and mortar, clearing forests, driving rail spikes. The Tychoons just had money.....they didn't build shit.

The world has always had grunts, dude.

Labor is capital's lil' bitch.
They're the 47% that Willard was bitching about.

That is all pure Marxist horseshit propaganda. None of it is true.

If labor was the essential ingredient, then why didn't other countries grow rich? Didn't any other country have plenty of labor? Why is it that only in the country where individuals are allowed to pursue their aims as far as they will go did the country become so enormously wealthy.

The theory that labor is responsible for America's enormous wealth is obvious bullshit. Not even Karl Marx believes it.
As I said, America was built by both labor and capital. Both were essential ingredients.

As I said, America was built by both labor and capital. Both were essential ingredients.

Not true. Every cesspool country in Africa has an abundance of labor. So why aren't they all wealthy like the United States?

Forum List

Back