The men who built America

DVR.....The men who REALLY built America weren't rich tychoons. The men who built America slaved and worked their asses off...laying brick and mortar, clearing forests, driving rail spikes. The Tychoons just had money.....they didn't build shit.

This may be a shock to you but the men highlighted in the show were not born rich they actually had to work for their wealth.

So? Should they have been just given it? Let me guess....the workers that they drove into the ground deserved it.

Well give it to me does seem to be the mantra of the left. What about the workers who took the jobs and money they were paid and used that to build homes and provide for their families and even gasp start their own businesses? Here is a little something for you to think about though I doubt you will when these men were trying build there businesses there were no safety nets for them no corporate welfare no government bailouts they took the chances and the risk and either reaped the benefits of success or the loss that came with failure.

typical stupid Yinzer post ^

prove me wrong nany boo boo

you know I'm right....can't refute it....so you act like an asshole. Typical of the right. Can't debate, so attack. Rush taught you well.

never listened to rush, but I know what a yinzer is :D

oh, and yes there was competition. Some people actually went bankrupt. Ever pick up a history book?

Oh, never mind. I forgot you are a yinzer.

Really? by 1890, Standard oil controlled 88% of all the oil in the country...they were charged with monopolistic and anti-trust suits.

Why don't you learn shit other than right wing revisionist history? Hell....even a "yinzer" can do it....shouldn't be so hard for a "big brain"like yours.

Maybe if we get particle assemblers(like in star trek) that makes our food and builds our homes for us. That will be the day you make sense. Until that day we will need intelligent people organizing businesses to get it done.

There's no rose color glasses or butterflies flying above us.

They were just given their wealth, then, inbred stool fan?

LOL

Who said that? Oh.....you....the douchebag who has nothing more than to sophmorically play with names. Go fuck yourself. Let's see what a Nationwide strike would do to your "little bitch" theory.

The Yinzer.

ROTFL

here is what the yinzers sleep with

030109_fat_steelers_girl.jpg

This may be a shock to you but the men highlighted in the show were not born rich they actually had to work for their wealth.

So? Should they have been just given it? Let me guess....the workers that they drove into the ground deserved it.

Well give it to me does seem to be the mantra of the left. What about the workers who took the jobs and money they were paid and used that to build homes and provide for their families and even gasp start their own businesses? Here is a little something for you to think about though I doubt you will when these men were trying build there businesses there were no safety nets for them no corporate welfare no government bailouts they took the chances and the risk and either reaped the benefits of success or the loss that came with failure.

Don't know much about labor conditions back then do you? They didn't call it the "robber/baron" era for nothing.

Don't know much about labor conditions back then do you? They didn't call it the "robber/baron" era for nothing.

O'yes...You do have a point. Today it isn't about conditions, but ripping the throat out of the profitability of the business. Unions at one time were a good thing.

Maybe if we get particle assemblers(like in star trek) that makes our food and builds our homes for us. That will be the day you make sense. Until that day we will need intelligent people organizing businesses to get it done.

There's no rose color glasses or butterflies flying above us.

yep....of course, in your world....it doesn't matter if the people who actually do the work can't afford to live here.....all hail the wealth God. We aren't worthy of a decent life....we give it all to you as tribute for your greatness....we know that when we have given all we have, the trickle down fairies will bestow upon us the means to thrive.

O'yes...You do have a point. Today it isn't about conditions, but ripping the throat out of the profitability of the business. Unions at one time were a good thing.

really? faux outrage over unions.....again? I'll repeat myself....unionization for the ENTIRE workforce sits at around 6%.....Most of that 6% is in the public sector. Even in it's heyday...the early 70's...it sat right around 25%.

So, your "point" about unions causing all of this is nothing but pure, 100%, unadulterated bullshit. It's massive greed at the top that is causing our decline.

DVR.....The men who REALLY built America weren't rich tychoons. The men who built America slaved and worked their asses off...laying brick and mortar, clearing forests, driving rail spikes. The Tychoons just had money.....they didn't build shit.

The mindless brutes working on the railroad couldn't have built a thing if Henry Bessemer hadn't invented the Bessemer converter to make large quantities of steel and James Watt hadn't invented the steam engine.

North Korea is as poor as it is for this reason. It accepts your line of thinking.

Oh, save your right wing, fear mongering talking points. giving a person a fair day's pay for a fair day's work is not Communism.

It is Communism when the government decides what a "fair day's pay" is. A fair day's pay is whatever someone is willing to pay you voluntarily, and not once cent more.

The mindless brutes working on the railroad couldn't have built a thing if Henry Bessemer hadn't invented the Bessemer converter to make large quantities of steel and James Watt hadn't invented the steam engine.

So....they deserve to rot, right? And you have the nerve to call people like me elitists

North Korea is as poor as it is for this reason. It accepts your line of thinking.

Oh, save your right wing, fear mongering talking points. giving a person a fair day's pay for a fair day's work is not Communism.

It is Communism when the government decides what a "fair day's pay" is. A fair day's pay is whatever someone is willing to pay you voluntarily, and not once cent more.

Wrong....a fair day's pay is something that you can raise a family on....not get rich, but live a decent life and prepare for your future.....especially if you guys get your way and dismantle the safety nets that allow the elderly to live in dignity and the poor to have a roof over their heads.

Hey...I'd prefer to keep government out of it. But their isn't anyone volunteering, is there?

Wrong....a fair day's pay is something that you can raise a family on..
..not get rich, but live a decent life and prepare for your future.....especially if you guys get your way and dismantle the safety nets that allow the elderly to live in dignity and the poor to have a roof over their heads.

Hey...I'd prefer to keep government out of it. But their isn't anyone volunteering, is there?

Sez the libtard pounding out posts on a computer made by slave laborers, which he bought because he got such a bitchin deal on it!

LOL

Forum List

Back