The Media Has A Dilemma

Just A Man

Apr 10, 2009
After watching part of Obama's news conference last night I feel bad for the media. First they will have a problem understanding what Obama was saying and secondly they have to report on what he said. Obama demonstrated the MO of a salesman who thinks if they keep talking they will convince you they know what they are talking about. What does the media do? Do they also do like Obama and just chain words together and call it reporting or do they admit Obama is in over his head?

We will now see the real journalists step forward. They will be the ones who admit Obama was "just talking" and not saying anything.

LOL. Classic evasion of debate. Attack the man talking without even a mention what the discussion was about. It doesn't matter what the media thinks, if the people want a real Health Care System, and everything I see says that is a fact, then we will get a real Health Care System.

As a pitchman, Obama is no Billy Mays. People are seeing through his snake-oil salesman act now, and since he cannot dazzle with brilliance he's continuing to try to baffle with bullshit. Except now, it's not working.

LOL. Classic evasion of debate. Attack the man talking without even a mention what the discussion was about. It doesn't matter what the media thinks, if the people want a real Health Care System, and everything I see says that is a fact, then we will get a real Health Care System.

You would know all about that tactic since you routinely employ it in regards Man made Global Warming and anyone that does not cow tow to Al Gore.

Obama does not even know what the bill in Congress will do, he has admitted he hasn't read it. Yet we are to believe it is in our best interest to simply sign off on an unknown bill because it might help? Given Congresses track record and this Congress in particular, that would be the STUPIDEST thing we could do.

Pelosi even went so far as to DENY time for anyone to read it before demanding a vote. Sound familiar? Remember that needed bail out earlier in the year? The one no one had time to read much less the extra pages inserted just before the vote. The one that has failed to do any of what this President and the Democrats claimed it would do. A bill so desperately needed the vote was rushed and then Obama waited 4 days to sign it?

There is an old saying " Fool me once, shame on you, Fool me twice, shame on me"

The only good point Obama made was admitting the fact he has excellent health care as do all members of congress. And their care is not the same as the American people have. He should have been embarrassed to admit it. I pay for my health insurance and I don't see a crisis. The only crisis I see is that I also pay for Obama and congress' health care.

After watching part of Obama's news conference last night I feel bad for the media. First they will have a problem understanding what Obama was saying and secondly they have to report on what he said. Obama demonstrated the MO of a salesman who thinks if they keep talking they will convince you they know what they are talking about. What does the media do? Do they also do like Obama and just chain words together and call it reporting or do they admit Obama is in over his head?

We will now see the real journalists step forward. They will be the ones who admit Obama was "just talking" and not saying anything.

I don't feel sorry for them. They are one of the major reasons he was elected.

They are still in the tank for Obama and there are very few ethical journos left. We won't be seeing any "real" ones anytime soon. I hope we do but I'm not holding my breath.

As a pitchman, Obama is no Billy Mays. People are seeing through his snake-oil salesman act now, and since he cannot dazzle with brilliance he's continuing to try to baffle with bullshit. Except now, it's not working.

He still has the msm standing behind him with an endless supply of Fabreeze.

i liked the way CNN and PMSNBC had a clock on their newscast all yesterday long counting down the time until Basketball Jones' soft ball Press Conference-- i imagine it was so Chrissy Matthews could keep his leg tingle in check until the time was right-- don't want him getting "restless leg syndrome" before next years election, don't 'ya know?-- Regards, probus

Classic dog and pony show from Obama last night. You can sell a shit sandwich if you put it in a pretty package!:lol:

Sorry, but the premise of the post is incorrect, as there are no journalists in the sense that you mean it.

The profession is on a par with the "oldest profession."

And speaking of 'Old', the real irony in this thread, is that Rocky, who defends this scam, doesn't realize that its success is predicated on his demise.

Study the writings of those associated with this scam, and you will find that 'improvements' are based on reduced access and rationing of healthcare.

1. Dr. Emanuel also blames high U.S. spending on standards Americans take for granted. "Hospital rooms in the United States offer more privacy...physicians' offices are typically more conveniently located and have parking nearby and more attractive waiting rooms." (Journal of the American Medical Association, June 18, 2008.)
By far, the most dangerous misconception in Washington is that the way to rein in health spending is by slowing the development and use of new technology. Imagine any industry or nation thriving on such a philosophy. Dr. Emanuel criticizes Americans for being "enamored with technology."

Defend Your Health Care

2. Democrat Tom Daschle (original auther of the healthcare scam) says health-care reform “will not be pain free.” Seniors should be more accepting of the conditions that come with age instead of treating them. That means the elderly will bear the brunt.
Daschle says health-care reform “will not be pain free.” Seniors should be more accepting of the conditions that come with age instead of treating them. That means the elderly will bear the brunt.
Daschle: Health-Care Reform “Will Not Be Pain Free” « Nice Deb

3. Democrat Governor Dick Lamb once created a firestorm in Colorado (a few years after leaving the Governor’s office) when he said: “the elderly have a patriotic duty to die.”

The idea is political one, and based on
a) the idea that the elderly have medical requirements greater than the young, and there are greater costs associated with them
B) the elderly are no longer contributing to the GDP.

So, we can kill , pun intended, two birds with one stone. Decline to fulfill our promise to the elderly, who have contributed to our great nation, ration healthcare, which means deprive them of the drugs and technology that the need, and encourage them to, as Dick Lamb ordered, do their patriotic duty.

Last edited:

They are still in the tank for Obama and there are very few ethical journos left. We won't be seeing any "real" ones anytime soon. I hope we do but I'm not holding my breath. -- Concept

Sorry, but the premise of the post is incorrect, as there are no journalists in the sense that you mean it.

The profession is on a par with the "oldest profession." -- PoliticalChic

Oh ye of little faith. Give it time and keep watching. And it will take time, too much time unfortunately. But even a whore may "see the light" at some time in their career. It took a while for a brave Edward R. Murrow to step up to the plate but afterwards the rest of the media jumped on the band wagon. I believe somewhere, sometime, a brave liberal journalist will "tell it like it is". That will crack the ice. I have faith in mankind. It won't be pretty for Obama.

They are still in the tank for Obama and there are very few ethical journos left. We won't be seeing any "real" ones anytime soon. I hope we do but I'm not holding my breath. -- Concept

The profession is on a par with the "oldest profession." -- PoliticalChic

Oh ye of little faith. Give it time and keep watching. And it will take time, too much time unfortunately. But even a whore may "see the light" at some time in their career. It took a while for a brave Edward R. Murrow to step up to the plate but afterwards the rest of the media jumped on the band wagon. I believe somewhere, sometime, a brave liberal journalist will "tell it like it is". That will crack the ice. I have faith in mankind. It won't be pretty for Obama.

I can only hope that you are correct, and I am in error.

But the campaign plus administration is a period of some two years or so, and we're still waiting for the 'speak truth to power' moment.

Our 'journalists' had no trouble getting into Juneau to find dirt on Sarah Palin, but somehow couldn't find Chicago to vet Senator Obama's friends and mentors.

Could you give me a heads-up on the timeframe?

Perhaps you should read more. "The people" don't want Obamacare. "The people" don't want Marxism. "The people" have seen through this lying turd and have determined that he is less desirable even than the worthless, lying, Nobel Prize winning Albert Gore.

Rasmussen Reports™: The Most Comprehensive Public Opinion Data Anywhere
Facts are very confusing to those that deny reality. I'm afraid you've set Old Rocks back to knowing that he's lying the next time he repeats a claim that the people want what Barack is selling. However, I doubt that the imposed guilt will change anything...those are liberal talking points and must be repeated.

"Mankind is the main player and good wins out over evil." - Just a man

Only when the good are willing to kick a little ass.

Forum List

Back