The Media Has A Dilemma

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Just A Man, Jul 23, 2009.

1. Just A Man

Just A Man Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +30
    After watching part of Obama's news conference last night I feel bad for the media. First they will have a problem understanding what Obama was saying and secondly they have to report on what he said. Obama demonstrated the MO of a salesman who thinks if they keep talking they will convince you they know what they are talking about. What does the media do? Do they also do like Obama and just chain words together and call it reporting or do they admit Obama is in over his head?

We will now see the real journalists step forward. They will be the ones who admit Obama was "just talking" and not saying anything.

2. Old Rocks

Old Rocks Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,320
    LOL. Classic evasion of debate. Attack the man talking without even a mention what the discussion was about. It doesn't matter what the media thinks, if the people want a real Health Care System, and everything I see says that is a fact, then we will get a real Health Care System.

3. Midnight Marauder

Midnight Marauder BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,876
    As a pitchman, Obama is no Billy Mays. People are seeing through his snake-oil salesman act now, and since he cannot dazzle with brilliance he's continuing to try to baffle with bullshit. Except now, it's not working.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. RetiredGySgt

RetiredGySgt Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,986
    You would know all about that tactic since you routinely employ it in regards Man made Global Warming and anyone that does not cow tow to Al Gore.

Obama does not even know what the bill in Congress will do, he has admitted he hasn't read it. Yet we are to believe it is in our best interest to simply sign off on an unknown bill because it might help? Given Congresses track record and this Congress in particular, that would be the STUPIDEST thing we could do.

Pelosi even went so far as to DENY time for anyone to read it before demanding a vote. Sound familiar? Remember that needed bail out earlier in the year? The one no one had time to read much less the extra pages inserted just before the vote. The one that has failed to do any of what this President and the Democrats claimed it would do. A bill so desperately needed the vote was rushed and then Obama waited 4 days to sign it?

There is an old saying " Fool me once, shame on you, Fool me twice, shame on me"

5. Just A Man

Just A Man Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +30
    The only good point Obama made was admitting the fact he has excellent health care as do all members of congress. And their care is not the same as the American people have. He should have been embarrassed to admit it. I pay for my health insurance and I don't see a crisis. The only crisis I see is that I also pay for Obama and congress' health care.

6. KMAN

KMAN Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +269

Rasmussen Reports™: The Most Comprehensive Public Opinion Data Anywhere

7. concept

concept Evil Mongering

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +340
    I don't feel sorry for them. They are one of the major reasons he was elected.

They are still in the tank for Obama and there are very few ethical journos left. We won't be seeing any "real" ones anytime soon. I hope we do but I'm not holding my breath.

8. concept

concept Evil Mongering

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +340
    He still has the msm standing behind him with an endless supply of Fabreeze.

9. probus

probus Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +16
    i liked the way CNN and PMSNBC had a clock on their newscast all yesterday long counting down the time until Basketball Jones' soft ball Press Conference-- i imagine it was so Chrissy Matthews could keep his leg tingle in check until the time was right-- don't want him getting "restless leg syndrome" before next years election, don't 'ya know?-- Regards, probus

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  10. Big Black Dog

Big Black Dog Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,723
    Classic dog and pony show from Obama last night. You can sell a shit sandwich if you put it in a pretty package!:lol: