The Masters will get off to a rainy start tomorrow.

I watched it online Friday afternoon. He was slightly favoring his bad leg by the end of the day. Just walking an 18 hole course is hard on him. If he's going to continue to play, it has to be limited events on short courses.
Augusta is particularly tough because it is so hilly. I hope he can finish today with a score in the 70s. That will say a lot about where he is physically.

Lotta scores under par among those who have already finished today. There are some birdie opportunities out there.

As I conjectured, the LIV guys all faded and were not a factor. LIV can have the rest of them but it would be great to have Bryson back on the pga tour. He's just different.

Tiger Woods made the cut but finished last

Jack Nicholas is still the GOAT

Followed scores today then finally got to watch some on TV this afternoon. Scottie and Colin were teeing off on 15 when I surfed in. Enjoyed it.

Followed scores today then finally got to watch some on TV this afternoon. Scottie and Colin were teeing off on 15 when I surfed in. Enjoyed it.
The Swedish kid really impressed me. I've seen him play and I knew he was a super player but his demeanor amazed me. He was laughing and smiling all day, his first Masters and the pressure didn't seem to affect him at all!

Augusta is particularly tough because it is so hilly. I hope he can finish today with a score in the 70s. That will say a lot about where he is physically.
A lot of people are hoping he can pull a Jack Nicklaus and be in contention on the final day in his 50s. He's likely done contending at majors, but I don't believe anybody would be upset if he pulled off one more major before hanging it up. Or going to the Senior Tour.

A lot of people are hoping he can pull a Jack Nicklaus and be in contention on the final day in his 50s. He's likely done contending at majors, but I don't believe anybody would be upset if he pulled off one more major before hanging it up. Or going to the Senior Tour.
Tiger's problem is his body is literally wrecked. He's held together with steel rods and his spine is fused. Phil won a major at 50 but he's physically intact.

Tiger's problem is his body is literally wrecked. He's held together with steel rods and his spine is fused. Phil won a major at 50 but he's physically intact.
I agree that Woods' body will probably not let him win another tournament. Everything would have to fall right and that isn't likely.

Tiger Woods made the cut but finished last

Jack Nicholas is still the GOAT

It's crazy to think anyone dominated as much as Tiger did. I'm not saying Jack didn't, I'm just saying I think Tiger has another one in him. He already got one when everyone said he'd never do it again. So maybe he has 1 or 2 more in him. It ain't over yet.

Tiger Woods now holds yet another record at The Masters. The five-time champion became the first to make the cut 24 times in a row at The Masters, just 12 months after making a record-equalling 23 cuts to rival Augusta greats Fred Couples and Gary Player.

Scotty is my new favorite

He has won two major championships, both the 2022 Masters Tournament and the 2024 Masters Tournament. He is the only player to win The Players Championship in back-to-back years (2023 and 2024).

Besides Tiger of course. Sorry Rory doesn't seem like it's in the cards for you.
1713191335747.png

McIlroy's four major championship wins:
  • 2011: U.S. Open.
  • 2012: PGA Championship.
  • 2014: PGA Championship.
  • 2014: British Open.
First Scottie has to catch Rory.

It's crazy to think anyone dominated as much as Tiger did. I'm not saying Jack didn't, I'm just saying I think Tiger has another one in him. He already got one when everyone said he'd never do it again. So maybe he has 1 or 2 more in him. It ain't over yet.

Tiger Woods now holds yet another record at The Masters. The five-time champion became the first to make the cut 24 times in a row at The Masters, just 12 months after making a record-equalling 23 cuts to rival Augusta greats Fred Couples and Gary Player.

Scotty is my new favorite

He has won two major championships, both the 2022 Masters Tournament and the 2024 Masters Tournament. He is the only player to win The Players Championship in back-to-back years (2023 and 2024).

Besides Tiger of course. Sorry Rory doesn't seem like it's in the cards for you.
View attachment 932471
McIlroy's four major championship wins:
  • 2011: U.S. Open.
  • 2012: PGA Championship.
  • 2014: PGA Championship.
  • 2014: British Open.
First Scottie has to catch Rory.
Tiger Woods is a great player

The best player of his era

But he will fall a little short of Jack Nicholas

Did anyone see that shot by Homa yesterday where he put side spin on the shot and it rolled up (sideways) a few feet from the pin?

I don’t remember ever seeing a shot like that before, that takes some crazy talent

I want to say "if Tiger kept his dick in his pants he'd have already passed Jack by now" but Tiger was winning majors while cheating on his wife. Perhaps that's what it takes to win all those majors. Or at least for him. All day golf golf golf. Can't go anywhere. Too famous. So, you can screw around on your 9 wife with a bunch of 7's. It's exciting, fun, makes him feel like a man.

Imagine you win a major. No, SEVERAL majors And your a young healthy man and your boring wife you should have never married is hounding you. YOU, Tiger Woods. So he escaped to a bunch of women who would take his mind off golf.

Think Monica. Bill's Monica.

I shouldn't say he shouldn't have married her. He probably wanted to have kids

Charlie Woods is ranked No. 1,301 in the Junior Golf Scoreboard rankings. In 16 events that count toward his ranking, Woods has won two and finished in the top-5 twice.Feb 22, 2024

I shouldn't say he shouldn't have married her. He probably wanted to have kids
Word on the street was he would make more from endorsements if he was married. That is what I heard when the whole blowup happened with the women he was banging. Also most all of them women said Tiger never bought them anything or gave them any money, even though he was worth over $100 million +

Athletes generally make poor role models

Forum List

Back