The Masters will get off to a rainy start tomorrow.

MarathonMike

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2014
The Southwestern Desert
Tiger says he feels good, we'll see if he can hold it together. I'll be interested to see how the LIV guys like Rahm, Koepka, Mickelson and DeChambeau do. Lower competition, 3 round tournaments we'll see if that has an effect.

• Banned
Tiger has made 23 consecutive cuts at the Masters, he is currently tied with someone, Nick Faldo or Curtis Strange I think, he will have the record if he plays Saturday.
It would be great to see, but cold and rainy is not good for him. If he gets through day one without too much pain he may do it.

Rain delayed start today. Play suspended due to darkness this evening with a lot of players still on the course. Tough day for them tomorrow.

Just looked at the current scores. Looks like the course is really tough today.

Tiger says he feels good, we'll see if he can hold it together. I'll be interested to see how the LIV guys like Rahm, Koepka, Mickelson and DeChambeau do. Lower competition, 3 round tournaments we'll see if that has an effect.

I'd love to see how many people were watching yesterday. I was. And I'm on the channel now. I wouldn't be if it wasn't for Tiger.

Top 5 guys are USA. We need to make them household names so more people watch

B DeChambeau
M Homa
S Scheffler
C Young
T Moore.

Do you know their first names?

• Banned
I'd love to see how many people were watching yesterday. I was. And I'm on the channel now. I wouldn't be if it wasn't for Tiger.

Top 5 guys are USA. We need to make them household names so more people watch

B DeChambeau
M Homa
S Scheffler
C Young
T Moore.

Do you know their first names?
Bryson, Max, Scottie, Cameron but I don't know Taylor Moore.

Tiger made it at one over and looks great! He is such a smart player, he analyzed his way around Augusta in that wind today. It was a clinic in course and game management.

Friday's round was a nightmare for some, mainly because of the wind, coupled with the usual challenges of Augusta National - greens that slope toward water, super-fast greens, score-killing bunkers, and so on.

Jordan Speith - bless his heart - is a good example of my belief that professional golfers NEVER improve, no matter how hard they work at it. He is a good five strokes weaker than he was when conquering that course a few years ago. The only thing that can improve an established pro is a new set of clubs or a new putter. Otherwise, they practice all day long, just to stay at the same level.

I'm not sure why, but I'm pulling for DeChambeau.

Tangent: The total blackout of coverage of Phil Mickelson is remarkable and sad. No interviews, no coverage, no videos. And yet he's a three-time winner and is doing about the same as Tiger. You would never know it to see the coverage.

Friday's round was a nightmare for some, mainly because of the wind, coupled with the usual challenges of Augusta National - greens that slope toward water, super-fast greens, score-killing bunkers, and so on.

Jordan Speith - bless his heart - is a good example of my belief that professional golfers NEVER improve, no matter how hard they work at it. He is a good five strokes weaker than he was when conquering that course a few years ago. The only thing that can improve an established pro is a new set of clubs or a new putter. Otherwise, they practice all day long, just to stay at the same level.

I'm not sure why, but I'm pulling for DeChambeau.

Tangent: The total blackout of coverage of Phil Mickelson is remarkable and sad. No interviews, no coverage, no videos. And yet he's a three-time winner and is doing about the same as Tiger. You would never know it to see the coverage.
The wind on Friday was crazy, I'm surprised there weren't more scores in the 80s. Looks like good weather today, it will be interesting to see who comes out of the pack.

You will start seeing some great garbage time rounds. Look for Matsuyama, Rahm, and McElroy to have some really low scores, among others, over the weekend, Rory is the king of garbage time at Augusta.

You will start seeing some great garbage time rounds. Look for Matsuyama, Rahm, and McElroy to have some really low scores, among others, over the weekend, Rory is the king of garbage time at Augusta.
Rory is a head case at Augusta. As bunched as the leaderboard is, I think someone back in the pack is going low today and be up near the top.

Can’t find one shot on TV? All commercials or Tigrr woods walking to the range? Thats Golf on TV nowdays? Wow. Nothing in 5-10 minutes but commercials on mute of course. Finally a shot of a hill with people walking around. Now a flaf, a clubhouse, commercial againn? An older replay if Sheffler? bye bye NetFlix it is or MLB games on mute.

Everyone is happy that Tiger made his 24th consecutive cut, but no one more so than CBS.

I'll tell you who is going to have a round today, it will be Koepka. At +2, he is not out of this. And he probably hates seeing DeChambeau at the top, too.

FanDuel has removed him from almost all prop bets, I got him to finish Top 20 at -140, and immediately after dropping a hundred on it, it went up to -165

Last edited:
Can’t find one shot on TV? All commercials or Tigrr woods walking to the range? Thats Golf on TV nowdays? Wow. Nothing in 5-10 minutes but commercials on mute of course. Finally a shot of a hill with people walking around. Now a flaf, a clubhouse, commercial againn? An older replay if Sheffler? bye bye NetFlix it is or MLB games on mute.
Tiger off at 12:45 EST. I'm guessing TV coverage starts then :)

Forum List

Back