The Main Stream Media's March Toward Irrelevance

This, in a nutshell, is the essence of bias, the terminal diagnosis of today's Main Stream Media, from which it unremittingly slouches towards a self-inflicted demise. If you listen carefully, you may even hear its last gasps as it -- slowly but surely -- dissolves into oblivion......:clap2:

There's talk of a bailout from the Democraps.

Not JUST the main stream media.

The whole world of intellectual property is in a state of flux.

Where once capital was king because creation and distribution of intellectual property was so damned expensive, now anyone can be publisher of print, film and sound online.

I've been publishing online for 15 years. I'm doing what traditionally only very wealthy people could afford to do.

I'm a nitch publisher. Believe me, I'm not by any stretch of the imagination remotely wealthy.

My corporation has a limited audience.

All by itself it is no threat to major publishers, but combined with millions of publishers like it, the mainstream publishers are in trouble.

Multiple operations like mine by millions of e-publishers and the market for intellectual property, and the VALUE of intellectual property overall has dropped like a stone in water.

Obvously, this is a good thing for the public, but damned hard on those who once enjoyed the benefits of capital to help them dominate publishing.

And it's not just publishers whose lives are being turned upside down, either.

People who did research in the past had secure jobs becasue research USED TO BE a rather laborious task.

Now what might have taken a researcher days to uncover, one can find in milseconds via search engines.

Like I said, aready EVERYTHING surrounding the field of intellectual property is changing more rapidly than most established businesses can deal with.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back