The Lincoln Douglas Debate:

Please let it be Cain/Gingrich vs Obama/Biden. Obama would get 65% of the vote. You right wingers are funny.

Well, a stinking economy and crippling debt are traditionally good for the incumbent. We'll see I guess.

I thought the debate went well.

Alot of great points were made, and I can see the two of them have more in common than not.

I loved how the debate ended too! Very funny indeed :lol:

The only problem is this ticket would make Obama/Biden appear moderate. I wouldn't expect more then 35-40 percent of this nation going for it...While losing the center. We will see, but this appears to be the furthest right of the political center ticket in the history of this nation. Even more right then Barack Obama was to the left...

The furthest to the RIGHT of the center line. Maybe not overall as far right as the founders, but pretty damn close.

Last edited:
Cain just NAILED the fucking scumbag media.

That guy is GREAT!

Where are you getting this debate--I have been all over C-Span looking for it--can't find it.

I did a Google search and found a radio station that was streaming it live while it was still going.

But I got there very late in the debate and just got the last couple of Questions/Answers.

Excellent thread, folks. We have learned a lot.

Nutters think the candidate's primary aim in 2012 will be to win network debates.
Nutters LIKE gotchya questions and snarky "zingers". What a shocker!
Nutters STILL think the public blames President Obama for the weak economy and the debt.
Nutters are blissfully unaware that President Obama is a brilliant communicator.
Nutters STILL have not reconciled the fact that Romney will be their nominee.

Great thread. And.....before you start crying.........if the term "nutter" offends you....you probably are one.

Nutters think the candidate's primary aim in 2012 will be to win network debates.
Nutters STILL think the public blames President Obama for the weak economy and the debt.
Nutters are blissfully unaware that President Obama is a brilliant communicator.

Great thread. And.....before you start crying.........if the term "nutter" offends you....you probably are one.
What a useless post.

No surprise.

What a useless post.

No surprise.

Useless as opposed to what? Your reply? That's funny.

What a useless post.

No surprise.

Useless as opposed to what? Your reply? That's funny.
Glad you asked. Useless partisan drivel. And, more drivel-like than others. :thup:

Hardly a "LIncoln Douglas" debate because the two participants agreed on 90% of what they were talking about.

My own thought. These are both very capable guys, but only one of them is capable in the feild that they are applying for, and that's politics. I think Cain is a very sharp guy, but clearly, not a politician, and I guess that's his appeal, but he'd get eaten alive in Washington.

Newt, I could stand to vote for, but I think his personal baggage makes him damaged goods.

Still, I would vote for either of these two over the Community Organizer or the Weird Mormon Robot.

If you honestly think Obama is getting re-elected with 9% unemployment, you are the one kidding yourself.

Hardly a "LIncoln Douglas" debate because the two participants agreed on 90% of what they were talking about.

My own thought. These are both very capable guys, but only one of them is capable in the feild that they are applying for, and that's politics. I think Cain is a very sharp guy, but clearly, not a politician, and I guess that's his appeal, but he'd get eaten alive in Washington.

Newt, I could stand to vote for, but I think his personal baggage makes him damaged goods.

Still, I would vote for either of these two over the Community Organizer or the Weird Mormon Robot.

Sorry to break this to you, chief.......but every politician that you have ever voted for is a community organizer.

Yes. Newt will wipe the floor with Obama in a debate. Obama is no match for Newt.

Have you ever watched Obama off the script? He bumbles everything. Newt is crisp from the cuff.

Not really, Obama is very smart and has a great sense of humor. He's got a firm grasp of the issues and he holds people's interest. He lights up a room, something your repubs couldn't have a clue about. Repubs are self absorbed, ignorant and they don't have any ideas, they're archaic, greedy obstructionists and obviously so.

I know it kills you guys that Obama is the one who got Bin Laden, pulled our guys out of Iraq and has taken decisive action in foreign policy. His policies will move us forward domestically, one of the smartest things he can do right now is what he's doing. Taking the Republican agenda public.

Smart strategy.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back