The Liberal Elite and Black Intellectual Serfdom

The Republican Southern Strategy, nicely summarized, in 1970, by one of its perpetrators:

From now on, the Republicans are never going to get more than 10 to 20 percent of the Negro vote and they don’t need any more than that…

but Republicans would be shortsighted if they weakened enforcement of the Voting Rights Act. The more Negroes who register as Democrats in the South, the sooner the Negrophobe whites will quit the Democrats and become Republicans.

That’s where the votes are. Without that prodding from the blacks, the whites will backslide into their old comfortable arrangement with the local Democrats.

Into The Storm Kevin Phillips: Give Me Your Negrophobes – Republicans Part II

:cuckoo:
You just thrashed your own argument :clap2:

Recently, while campaigning for the upcoming midterm elections, President Obama engaged in classic liberal race-baiting by demagogically asserting that Republicans are counting on blacks not turning up to the polls.

Gee, how absurd!! How could anyone even imagine that Republicans would want to discourage minorities from voting!!??

Oct 19, 2010:

Univision yanks GOP-backed ad in Nevada urging Hispanics not to vote after Democrats protest

LAS VEGAS - A Republican-backed ad campaign urging Hispanics not to vote next month has been yanked by a radio station following a protest led by Nevada Democrats.

Univision told The Associated Press on Tuesday the spot was pulled from its Las Vegas Spanish-language radio station Tuesday shortly after its debut.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Univision yanks GOP-backed ad in Nevada urging Hispanics not to vote after Democrats protest | StarTribune.com

The Republican Southern Strategy, nicely summarized, in 1970, by one of its perpetrators:

From now on, the Republicans are never going to get more than 10 to 20 percent of the Negro vote and they don’t need any more than that…

but Republicans would be shortsighted if they weakened enforcement of the Voting Rights Act. The more Negroes who register as Democrats in the South, the sooner the Negrophobe whites will quit the Democrats and become Republicans.

That’s where the votes are. Without that prodding from the blacks, the whites will backslide into their old comfortable arrangement with the local Democrats.

Into The Storm Kevin Phillips: Give Me Your Negrophobes – Republicans Part II

:cuckoo:
You just thrashed your own argument :clap2:

You're an idiot. Your say-so has zero value.

Soggy,

You have your hand up. Please tell the class, who was the last Klansman in Congress and what party did he belong to.

For extra credit,

Can you name the woman that wanted to use abortion to kill off blacks and her plitical party?

You do realize, don't you, that when you vote for a Democrat TODAY you're not voting for some dead Democrat from the pages of history?

Is that concept above your pay grade?

so you either don't know or don't care. hint, he died not long ago, while in office. And Clinton loves to talk about the abortionist that wanted to kill off black people.

Can you name either?

What do you know about pay grades? What does a persons rank in the military have to do with what they know?

Robert Byrd denounced and renounced the KKK about 40 years ago, if not longer. Which further proves my point.

ClosedCaption said:
Exactly what gives you the right to speak on behalf of 'black voters'? Are they not individuals? Are they not capable of speaking for themselves?

I despise this fucking arrogance of some lefties who think they have a God given right to speak on behalf of others.

i guess you're waiting to hear from all blacks on this issue. The op just did the arrogant thing you despise so much. Maybe, just maybe if repubs didn't call blacks unthinking and ignorant you might just see an increase in minority support. Just a thought

i guess you're waiting to hear from all southeners on this issue. The op just did the arrogant thing you despise so much. Maybe, just maybe if dims didn't call southeners unthinking and ignorant you might just see an increase in thier support. Just a thought

:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

strawman activate

Recently, while campaigning for the upcoming midterm elections, President Obama engaged in classic liberal race-baiting by demagogically asserting that Republicans are counting on blacks not turning up to the polls. However, despite Obama's agenda in making that assertion, unfortunately, the underlying premise of his comment is accurate: the majority of blacks unthinkingly vote for Democrats in droves.

It is my contention that black people who diligently vote for Democrats are intellectual slaves to the liberal agenda, inasmuch as they, for the most part, are ignorant of the history of the Democratic Party and vote for policies that harm their communities. It is only a black intellectual slave who can observe the impact of liberal policies on the black community without having a scintilla of unease about pulling the lever for Democrats -- election after election.

The Complete OP at this link:
American Thinker: The Liberal Elite and Black Intellectual Serfdom

:lol:

So..by this logic..white people voting diligently for Republicans..excuse me..the Brand shiny new Republicans..the Tea Party..are intellectual slaves to the conservative agenda?

Recently, while campaigning for the upcoming midterm elections, President Obama engaged in classic liberal race-baiting by demagogically asserting that Republicans are counting on blacks not turning up to the polls. However, despite Obama's agenda in making that assertion, unfortunately, the underlying premise of his comment is accurate: the majority of blacks unthinkingly vote for Democrats in droves.

It is my contention that black people who diligently vote for Democrats are intellectual slaves to the liberal agenda, inasmuch as they, for the most part, are ignorant of the history of the Democratic Party and vote for policies that harm their communities. It is only a black intellectual slave who can observe the impact of liberal policies on the black community without having a scintilla of unease about pulling the lever for Democrats -- election after election.

So your position is, essentially, that black Americans, for some reason, widely possess an intellectual inadequacy in their nature that prevents them from being capable of seeing that the Republican Party, not the Democratic Party, is whom they should be voting for?

I'm asking, because I want you to be clear, because the above described view is profoundly racist, and I don't want to mislabel you as a racist.

So please clarify. Did I sum up your position accurately or not?

Do you dispute the following bases:
1) Blacks predominantly vote for the Democratic Party candidates.
2) Blacks generally speaking are worse off in areas where Democrats have had control for a long time?

If you agree with those two suppositions, then can you explain why blacks continue to vote Democratic despite the failure of Democrats to do anything constructive for the black community?

So..by this logic..white people voting diligently for Republicans..excuse me..the Brand shiny new Republicans..the Tea Party..are intellectual slaves to the conservative agenda?

Where are the ghettos that are filled with conservatives?

ClosedCaption said:
Exactly what gives you the right to speak on behalf of 'black voters'? Are they not individuals? Are they not capable of speaking for themselves?

I despise this fucking arrogance of some lefties who think they have a God given right to speak on behalf of others.

i guess you're waiting to hear from all blacks on this issue. The op just did the arrogant thing you despise so much. Maybe, just maybe if repubs didn't call blacks unthinking and ignorant you might just see an increase in minority support. Just a thought

i guess you're waiting to hear from all southeners on this issue. The op just did the arrogant thing you despise so much. Maybe, just maybe if dims didn't call southeners unthinking and ignorant you might just see an increase in thier support. Just a thought

:rolleyes:

strawman activate[/QUOTE]

I was making a point. Guess it went over your head. I'm a little surprised, since I changed so little. Guess you would rather hate people not like you than try to understand and come to a consession.

You do realize, don't you, that when you vote for a Democrat TODAY you're not voting for some dead Democrat from the pages of history?

Is that concept above your pay grade?

so you either don't know or don't care. hint, he died not long ago, while in office. And Clinton loves to talk about the abortionist that wanted to kill off black people.

Can you name either?

What do you know about pay grades? What does a persons rank in the military have to do with what they know?

Robert Byrd denounced and renounced the KKK about 40 years ago, if not longer. Which further proves my point.

Now, can you name the rep the denounced the KKK? And did the left let him live it down?

Well the answer to the 2nd one is not only no, but fuck no, no way no how, no matter what he said.

But Byrd was a dem, so that makes it OK. Wonder how many lynchings he was at...

Where are the ghettos that are filled with conservatives?

Which "ghettoes" are you talking about? They're are plenty of poor white folk.

Can you name either?

Now, can you name the rep the denounced the KKK? And did the left let him live it down?

Well the answer to the 2nd one is not only no, but fuck no, no way no how, no matter what he said.

Feel free to provide evidence he was at any..

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P36x8rTb3jI[/ame]

That was a joke. I have no idea if he ever did such a thing. do you have any proof that he tried to stop any?

This is hilarious. The article you linked to calls blacks slaves. It said Al Sharpton get a million dollars a year from poor, misled blacks. Just one mindless bullshit point after another.

The Democratic Party is a coalition. Not a group of "liberals" who "control" minorities who can't think for themselves.

You see, right wingers keep making the mistake that the Democratic Party is like their party, which of course, is 90% white, mostly Christian, mostly uneducated and totally believing the bullshit spewed by their leaders who only look at them with contempt and call them "hicky". It's a damn shame.

Can you name either?

I'm still waiting for you to entertain us all with an explanation of how what some dead Democrat believed 50 years ago is in any way relevant to what some living breathing present day office holding or office seeking Democrat believes NOW.

Could you do that? Or, alternatively, admit that it isn't relevant, and anyone who tries to make it relevant, including yourself, is up to his ears in horseshit?

Thanks in advance!

@ two thumbs...

I see that you were making a point but the point being made was a strawman arguement. See, this is about an actual article belittling blacks not an imaginary hatred toward southerners. If someone days those things about southerners I disagree with it, can you say the same about the op post? You won't.

I'm still waiting for you to entertain us all with an explanation of how what some dead Democrat believed 50 years ago is in any way relevant to what some living breathing present day office holding or office seeking Democrat believes NOW.

Could you do that? Or, alternatively, admit that it isn't relevant, and anyone who tries to make it relevant, including yourself, is up to his ears in horseshit?

Thanks in advance!

Byrd died not long ago; Byrd's final hospital stay began on June 27, 2010 at Inova Fairfax Hospital in Fairfax County, Virginia.[83][84][85] Robert Byrd died at approximately 3 a.m. EDT the next day at age 92

Byrd's seniority and leadership of the Appropriations Committee enabled him to steer a great deal of federal money toward projects in West Virginia.[7] Critics derided his efforts as pork spending[8] to appeal to his own constituents. He filibustered against the 1964 Civil Rights Act and supported the Vietnam War, but later backed civil rights measures and criticized the Iraq War.

Ku Klux Klan
In the early 1940s, Byrd recruited 150 of his friends and associates to create a new chapter of the Ku Klux Klan.[10]

According to Byrd, a Klan official told him, "You have a talent for leadership, Bob ... The country needs young men like you in the leadership of the nation." Byrd later recalled, "suddenly lights flashed in my mind! Someone important had recognized my abilities! I was only 23 or 24 years old, and the thought of a political career had never really hit me. But strike me that night, it did."[10] Byrd held the titles Kleagle (recruiter) and Exalted Cyclops.[10] When it came time to elect the "Exalted Cyclops," the top officer in the local Klan unit, Byrd won unanimously.[10]

In 1944, Byrd wrote to segregationist Mississippi Senator Theodore Bilbo:[17]

“ I shall never fight in the armed forces with a Negro by my side ... Rather I should die a thousand times, and see Old Glory trampled in the dirt never to rise again, than to see this beloved land of ours become degraded by race mongrels, a throwback to the blackest specimen from the wilds. ”
— Robert C. Byrd, in a letter to Sen. Theodore Bilbo (D-MS), 1944
In 1946 or 1947 Byrd wrote a letter to a Grand Wizard stating, "The Klan is needed today as never before, and I am anxious to see its rebirth here in West Virginia and in every state in the nation.".[19] However, when running for the United States House of Representatives in 1952, he announced "After about a year, I became disinterested, quit paying my dues, and dropped my membership in the organization. During the nine years that have followed, I have never been interested in the Klan." He said he had joined the Klan because he felt it offered excitement and was anti-communist

Gay rights
He strongly opposed Clinton's 1993 efforts to allow gays to serve in the military and supported efforts to limit gay marriage. In 1996, before the passage of the Defense of Marriage Act, he said The drive for same-sex marriage is, in effect, an effort to make a sneak attack on society by encoding this aberrant behavior in legal form before society itself has decided it should be legal ... Let us defend the oldest institution, the institution of marriage between male and female as set forth in the Holy Bible..[59

None of this is all that long ago.

but that doesn't mean that much. You want to know why blacks shouldn't vote (D). Just look at todays Detroit. It's crushing poverty is all about the D the N and the C. and you lunkheads want that for the rest of America?

That was a joke. I have no idea if he ever did such a thing. do you have any proof that he tried to stop any?

It wasn't a "joke" it was an accusation. A serious one at that.

Prove what you posted.

Forum List

Back