The Independent Voter Thread

Discussion in 'Politics' started by MarcATL, Oct 20, 2010.

  1. MarcATL
    Online

    MarcATL Gold Member

    Joined:
    Aug 12, 2009
    Messages:
    15,350
    Thanks Received:
    2,358
    Trophy Points:
    245
    Ratings:
    +3,747
    Let this be the thread where all self-proclaimed USMB members identify themselves as "Independents" and state why they are Independents and how long they've been. If there reasons for being an Independent has changed or evolved over the years (or months) please feel at liberty to state that too.
     
  2. California Girl
    Offline

    California Girl BANNED

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2009
    Messages:
    50,337
    Thanks Received:
    8,960
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    I'm independent. I dislike party politics. I dislike most politicians. I sum it up as "98% of Americans are honest, hard working people. We elect the other 2%."
     
  3. Claudette
    Offline

    Claudette Gold Member

    Joined:
    Nov 3, 2009
    Messages:
    19,558
    Thanks Received:
    3,009
    Trophy Points:
    280
    Ratings:
    +7,628
    Ditto.
     
  4. VaYank5150
    Offline

    VaYank5150 Gold Member

    Joined:
    Aug 3, 2009
    Messages:
    11,779
    Thanks Received:
    1,047
    Trophy Points:
    138
    Location:
    Virginia
    Ratings:
    +1,055
    I am an Independent. I have never been a member of any political party and have always voted for the person I felt would do what I wanted them to, versus voting based on party affiliation. I voted for Perot. However, until 2008, I had never voted for a Democrat as I am not a fan of big government. But, after Bush's reign and the GOP controlled congress spent as if they were Democrats, I decided to vote for Obama. Almost two years into his Presidency, I still support him as I do not believe any of his ideas have had enough time to have an impact. Has he done things to piss me off? Of course. However, the GOP has NOT changed since their ousters in 2006 and 2008 and if anything have only gotten worse by hiring Michael Steele to be their token "black guy" as head of the RNC. Followed quickly by Steele inviting the Tea Party idiots into the folds of the GOP. The GOP has shown NO indication of changing course from the failed economic, social and international policies adopted under Dubya and until they do, none of them will get my vote. Locally, I will vote against Eric Cantor. Not because the two people running against him are better, but moreso because Cantor is just THAT bad of a Representaitive. I liken him to John Boehner's "Minnie-Me".
     
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2010
  5. Trajan
    Offline

    Trajan conscientia mille testes

    Joined:
    Jun 17, 2010
    Messages:
    29,048
    Thanks Received:
    4,751
    Trophy Points:
    48
    Location:
    The Bay Area Soviet
    Ratings:
    +4,756
    Question; are you an independent?
     
  6. California Girl
    Offline

    California Girl BANNED

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2009
    Messages:
    50,337
    Thanks Received:
    8,960
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    Marc is black. Therefore he votes democrat. That's according to the democrats.
     

Share This Page