The Left's Historical Obsession With Jews and Israel.

First, let's get some old chestnuts out of the way:
  • I don't believe that the terms “antisemitism” and “anti-Zionism” are synonyms.
  • I don't believe that anti-Zionism is the same as Jew-hatred.
  • I don't believe that every single anti-Zionist is a Jew-hater
  • And I don't believe that every single criticism of Israel is inspired by Jew-hatred.
This is what I do believe:

Very many (though not all) anti-Zionists and critics of Israel are indeed Jew-haters; though there's no necessary political or conceptual link between anti-Zionism (or the criticism of Israel) and Jew-hatred. What often happens is that very many people who have a problem with Jews are drawn to anti-Zionism and become obsessed with Israel.

Thus, anti-Zionism and the obsession with Israel are examples of Jew-hatred by proxy. So there are, indeed, very strong historical, theoretical, and political links (all contingent, sure) between anti-Zionism (or the criticism of Israel) and Jew-hatred. One of those links I will discuss here: the history of Far Left Jew-hatred.

The Left's Historical Obsession With Jews and Israel
I don't see the relevance to all this. This is not a religious conflict. All of this so called "Jew hate" and "anti-Semitism" is merely a distraction.

It obviously is a religious conflict, certainly from the Arab-Moslem perspective, as that has been delineated for you on multiple occasions.
Not really. It is not about religion. It is about colonization. What would be the narrative about Zionists or Jews be if Palestine was colonized by Hindus?

The world would see a small headline about some Hindo-Arab war and yawn thinking "Oh look another Ayrab war", and move on with their life, clearly there's a systematic obsession that drives people nut whenever Jews do something that is considered normal when done by another:

1947-a-tale-of-two-partitions-ice-the-british-indian-21789598.png

• I don't believe that the terms “antisemitism” and “anti-Zionism” are synonyms.
  • And I don't believe that every single criticism of Israel is inspired by Jew-hatred.

Very many (though not all) anti-Zionists and critics of Israel are indeed Jew-haters; though there's no necessary political or conceptual link between anti-Zionism (or the criticism of Israel) and Jew-hatred. What often happens is that very many people who have a problem with Jews are drawn to anti-Zionism and become obsessed with Israel.

Thus, anti-Zionism and the obsession with Israel are examples of Jew-hatred by proxy. So there are, indeed, very strong historical, theoretical, and political links (all contingent, sure) between anti-Zionism (or the criticism of Israel) and Jew-hatred. One of those links I will discuss here: the history of Far Left Jew-hatred.

I don't see the relevance to all this. This is not a religious conflict. All of this so called "Jew hate" and "anti-Semitism" is merely a distraction.

It obviously is a religious conflict, certainly from the Arab-Moslem perspective, as that has been delineated for you on multiple occasions.
Not really. It is not about religion. It is about colonization. What would be the narrative about Zionists or Jews be if Palestine was colonized by Hindus?

The world would see a small headline about some Hindo-Arab war and yawn thinking "Oh look another Ayrab war", and move on with their life, clearly there's a different standard for Jews in this world:

You think that will register in that organism he calls a brain?

The world would see a small headline about some Hindo-Arab war and yawn thinking "Oh look another Ayrab war", and move on with their life, clearly there's a systematic obsession that drives people nut whenever Jews do something that is considered normal when done by another:

Disaster for sure, however, it is a different scenario.

The world would see a small headline about some Hindo-Arab war and yawn thinking "Oh look another Ayrab war", and move on with their life, clearly there's a different standard for Jews in this world:

You think that will register in that organism he calls a brain?

Register yes, yet he will still claim that Jew-hatred doesn't exist, or that it's not even a problem.

Excuses...
How about the Spanish colonies in North Africa, and the Right of Return for Arabs to Al-Andalus?

Calls to Boycotts? UN resolutions? LEFTIST condemnation?

Excuses...
How about the Spanish colonies in North Africa, and the Right of Return for Arabs to Al-Andalus?

Jews are his only interest.

Excuses...

9 consecutive years of daily posting on ONE SINGLE SUBJECT, and not one post that doesn't blame the Jews for some thing or the other.

Embodiment of an obsession.

The left is evil. Evil is that which goes against God's will. Naturally, as God supports Israel, the Godless, evil, left opposes Israel.

God supports Israel, he might prefer a more holy place , I mean Tel Aviv is the gay place to be , abortion is paid for by the government.

I do not believe a country should be run like a theocracy though. I do not like Evans who push religion down people's throats, yet are the real amoral ones.

In the bible, God said he would bring his people back to the holy land and restore Israel. And he did, in 1948.

Like God only has Jewish people. Wait, I though God supposedly made EVERYONE.

The left is evil. Evil is that which goes against God's will. Naturally, as God supports Israel, the Godless, evil, left opposes Israel.

God supports Israel, he might prefer a more holy place , I mean Tel Aviv is the gay place to be , abortion is paid for by the government.

I do not believe a country should be run like a theocracy though. I do not like Evans who push religion down people's throats, yet are the real amoral ones.

In the bible, God said he would bring his people back to the holy land and restore Israel. And he did, in 1948.

If you would bother to read the Torah properly, there were many gods.
Abraham CHOSE to follow just one god, and not many.
HIs covenant is with that ONE god, and no other.

You, and others are following the Christian belief that there has only been ONE god, when there have always been many of them.

You can believe in whichever god you like, fantasy one or human one, but not one of them is the G-D of Abraham, the G-D all Jews have CHOSEN to have a covenant with.

:)

• Thanks
Reactions: cnm

You, and others are following the Christian belief that there has only been ONE god, when there have always been many of them.

You can believe in whichever god you like, fantasy one or human one, but not one of them is the G-D of Abraham, the G-D all Jews have CHOSEN to have a covenant with.

Baʿal Berith ("Lord of the Covenant") and El Berith ("God of the Covenant") are two gods, or one god, worshiped in Shechem, in ancient Israel.[1] The term "covenant" (Hebrew Berith) appears also in Ugaritic texts (second millennium BCE) as brt, in connection with Baʿal,[1] and perhaps as Beruth in Sanchuniathon's work.

Snip

The idol Baʿal Berith, which the Jews worshipped after the death of Gideon, was identical, according to the Rabbis, with Baʿal Zebub, "the lord of flies," the god of Ekron (II Kings i. 2). He was worshipped in the shape of a fly; and Jewish tradition states that so addicted were the Jews to his cult that they would carry an image of him in their pockets, producing it, and kissing it from time to time. Baʿal Zebub is called Baʿal Berith because such Jews might be said to make a covenant (Hebrew: berith) of devotion with the idol, being unwilling to part with it for a single moment (Shab. 83b; comp. also Sanh. 63b). According to another conception, Baʿal Berith was an obscene article of idolatrous worship, possibly a simulacrum priapi (Yer. Shab. ix. 11d; 'Ab. Zarah iii. 43a). This is evidently based on the later significance of the word "berit," meaning circumcision.

Baal Berith - Wikipedia
BAAL-BERITH - JewishEncyclopedia.com
--------------------------------------
Everyone knows the GOD of the OT had many names, he said his name was Jealous. I suspect Abraham worshipped this God, as Abraham was not a jew.

Last edited:

Yes, really. Islamics refer to the geographic area of Palestine as an Islamist waqf. Waqf is a description of land now or formerly conquered by islamics. The land is viewed as an entitlement to islamics in perpetuity and must be reconquered if controlled by infidels.

You're not paying attention during your koranology lessons.

Additionally, it's interesting you referred to Hindus. Perhaps the greatest genocide in history was the Islamist invasion and slaughter across the Indian subcontinent. Some estimates are that 80 million died during the Islamist rampage. The "Slaughter of the Hindus" is often callsd the Hindu Kush.

Excuses...

9 consecutive years of daily posting on ONE SINGLE SUBJECT, and not one post that doesn't blame the Jews for some thing or the other.

Embodiment of an obsession.

Absolutely.

Baʿal Berith ("Lord of the Covenant") and El Berith ("God of the Covenant") are two gods, or one god, worshiped in Shechem, in ancient Israel.[1] The term "covenant" (Hebrew Berith) appears also in Ugaritic texts (second millennium BCE) as brt, in connection with Baʿal,[1] and perhaps as Beruth in Sanchuniathon's work.

Snip

The idol Baʿal Berith, which the Jews worshipped after the death of Gideon, was identical, according to the Rabbis, with Baʿal Zebub, "the lord of flies," the god of Ekron (II Kings i. 2). He was worshipped in the shape of a fly; and Jewish tradition states that so addicted were the Jews to his cult that they would carry an image of him in their pockets, producing it, and kissing it from time to time. Baʿal Zebub is called Baʿal Berith because such Jews might be said to make a covenant (Hebrew: berith) of devotion with the idol, being unwilling to part with it for a single moment (Shab. 83b; comp. also Sanh. 63b). According to another conception, Baʿal Berith was an obscene article of idolatrous worship, possibly a simulacrum priapi (Yer. Shab. ix. 11d; 'Ab. Zarah iii. 43a). This is evidently based on the later significance of the word "berit," meaning circumcision.

Baal Berith - Wikipedia
--------------------------------------
Everyone knows the GOD of the OT had many names, he said his name was Jealous. I suspect Abraham worshipped this God, as Abraham was not a jew.
That was a one time, by one groups of Jews of the time.

It does not define what Judaism is, or what the G-D of Abraham was.

Many times some Jews have gone back to paganism when in hard times.
----------
The term is too abstract to have been occasioned by a single set of conditions. Moreover, the temple of the god (Judges ix. 4, 46) in Shechem implies a permanent establishment. Probably the name and the cult were wide-spread and ancient (see Baalim), though it happens to have been mentioned only in connection with the affairs of Shechem.

You are trying to define who the G-D of Abraham was by the conduct or reaction to what was going on at the time this "god"
became a cult to some Jews.

Before answering the first time I've mistakenly read an article from a different post.

If I comprehend the schism clearly, both n.soc. and i-n.soc are authoritarian ideologies based on class-struggle, who look forward to either changing the class priority based on ethnicity, or on unity through complete uniformity of all layers of society on a global perspective.

On the other side stands a group that will be constantly a minority, who should be by all estimates both a weak ethnicity and class, so Jews should have been patently easy to move around and assimilate into such dogmas. And Jews do fall into all those traps because they always had to survive under limited conditions, so promise them "change" and You've got some followers. Jews should have disappeared through all of those political changes, in every country, run as far as possible from the ghettos and eventually leave old traditions behind, like it was expected after the French Revolution.

Yet there is this stubborn, enclosed and very complex society that in spite of its' limitations, usually imposed by the society as class war- the bread and water of the socialists - manages both a social welfare system and while essentially being traditionally capitalists. More so even when assimilated as experience shows either a n.soc. or i-n.soc. Jews is eventually viewed as either still "too Jewish" or "too much non- Jewish for a Jew" as long as there's the presence of un-assimilated Jewish community.

Now furthermore instead of total assimilation, Jews go and re-establish a state, and defy both ethnic and class prejudices that are so useful in socialist arsenal.

broken-nut-cracker-11467716.jpg

Last edited:

Obsession....as in multiple rightwing posters starting multiple threads accusing the Left of being anti-semitic AFTER a crazy rightwinger shoots up a synagogue and the people in it?

That kind of obsession?

Lets get started shall we.

"Far Left (or, more specifically, Marxist) Jew-Hatred dates back to 1844 when Karl Marx first expressed his hatred of Jews in print. Marx (like Gilad Atzmon, Noam Chomsky, Tony Cliff, Ilan Pappé, Norman Finkelstein, Shlomo Sand, etc.) was only Jewish by blood: not by religion or by culture. In fact not even Marx's father was a Jew by religion. So, Jew-hatred came easy to Marx."

I thought all female determine if you are a jew or not?? Is that no longer the case??

Is Jew a religion, a culture or a race, you just can't have all 3!!

Persecution of the Jews began long before anything Karl Marx wrote.
Yeah....christians in Europe were doing a real "good" job of that for centuries.

Obsession....as in multiple rightwing posters starting multiple threads accusing the Left of being anti-semitic AFTER a crazy rightwinger shoots up a synagogue and the people in it?

That kind of obsession?

Rubbish. Excuses, excuses.

If it had been an Islamist terrorist, as is oft in Paris, the whole thing would have been played down.

This is why i dislike religmo's

Always cloaking control, political ideology ,moral highground in the guise of some celestial bullsh*t

Maybe it takes a recovering catholic like myself to point it out?

~S~

Forum List

Back