The leftist Democrat Party bias and tilt of American Main Stream Media

Discussion in 'Media' started by Liability, Feb 10, 2011.

1. Liability

Liability Locked Account. Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,062
    In big and important ways, and in little almost imperceptible ways, the American "main stream" media demonstrates a consistent bias in favor of the politically left and in favor of the Democrat Party (pardon me if "politically left" and "Democrat Party" are redundant expressions).

So, maybe it's time to have a handy reference spot to document it when we see it.

Getting started. Has anybody noticed that the main stream media seems determined to take "subtle" and consistent note of Speaker Boehner's odd behavioral quirk of crying a bit too easily and often? I mean, hell. Many of us (on both the left and the right) have noted it. It is probably fair game to poke at it once in a while. But is THAT the job of a supposedly "objective" news organization?

From TODAY'S MSN.com: [​IMG] Journalists like putting pictures with their stories. IT seems to motivate people to read the stories. Today, the MSN.com home page was fronting the NYT's piece on Republican "unity" getting "frayed."
    -- MSN.com

Could it POSSIBLY be that MSN was planting a little subconscious reinforcement for the propaganda message that the GOP is in such turmoil that the speaker is crying over it?

2. Wry Catcher

Wry Catcher Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,140
    JACKSON, Miss. – A fight is brewing in Mississippi over a proposal to issue specialty license plates honoring Confederate Gen. Nathan Bedford Forrest, who was an early leader of the Ku Klux Klan.

The Mississippi Division of Sons of Confederate Veterans wants to sponsor a series of state-issued license plates to mark the 150th anniversary of the Civil War, which it calls the "War Between the States." The group proposes a different design each year between now and 2015, with Forrest slated for 2014.

Link to: Proposed Mississippi license plate causes controversy - ABC 4.com - Salt Lake City, Utah News

Yep, that pesky Fourth Estate is always after conservatives, muckracking and exposing minor foibles of conservatives is so unfair. I feel your pain LIEability.

3. Liability

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,062
    Fly Catcher, you dishonest dessicated gonad, how the f--- are you today?

As always, you miss the point and/or deliberately distort the point.

I gather that you are one of the feeble-minded useful idiots who accepts the facially false claim that the American main stream media is "objective."

:lol:

4. Two Thumbs

Two Thumbs Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,589
    I like msn. thier blatant nature of supporting dems non-stop is refreshing compared to the bs put out by the rest.

I learned back in '84 to see who the media is supporting and vote for someone else. After repeated lie after lie, and how the news was reported, I knew I did not want to support someone that was supported by people that lacked the basics of ethics.

5. Wry Catcher

Wry Catcher Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,140
    I'm well, thank you for asking. Of course I don't accept that; I believe all news is tainted by some subjective leakage - some intentional and some subconscious. Claims of Fair and Balanced by Fox, for example, are absurd. The agenda at Fox, and all of News Corp, are obviously biased so the intent there is clear to everyone (though some refuse to acknowledge what is self evident to most).
    MSNBC offers a different bias, one which is a necessary counterpoint to Fox.
    Best those who want to be informed exercise due dilligence in forming their opinions. Because so much 'reported' today is propaganda, one needs to look at each issue and the subtle differences in how it is 'reported'.

I would add that listening to the unedited comments (such as CSPAN) from primary sources is an exercise of due dilligence, noting further that propaganda flows easily from the mouths of pols as it does from the mouths of talking heads.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2011
  6. Liability

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,062
    Cool. So far, I agree with you here.

I partially agree with you still. I tend to agree that Fox News is a bit slanted to the right. I believe it was designed to be a counter-weight to the DECIDED tilt of most main stream news outlets to the left. To that extent, they PROVIDE balance. They also seem to try to be fair -- but I can't say much more than that since I only rarely tune in Fox News.

The "necessary" part of that sentence is absurd since MOST -- the VAST MAJORITY -- of the major news outlets were already long-established purveyors of left wing propaganda. But, sure. Other than that, MSLSD is akin to being a mirror image of FoxNews. It just doesn't try as hard to be fair or accurate.

Again, and I say this with some real surprise, I find that I agree with that point you just made.

Truth in that, too. Original sources often have their own agendas and thus taking them at their words -- face value -- is silly.

7. Ravi

Ravi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,747
  8. Liability

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,062
    At the risk of being serious with you, Ravi:

Are you honestly trying to make the claim that merely because some outlets in the main stream media occasionally provide some relatively fair, objective or balanced reporting or analysis, this somehow constitutes evidence that they aren't politically biased towards the left and the Democrats?

9. Ravi

Ravi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,747
    Your example pretty much proved you wrong. The media is the media, it is a balance of fairness and bias...and there is nothing wrong with that. Even the Republican shill outlets have a right to exist.

10. Liability

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,062
    My example certainly did nothing even remotely akin to "proving" me wrong. In fact, that's not even possible since, instead, I happen to be correct. Even journalists have been known to admit the FACT that the main stream media is politically biased. They can admit it, but you insist on denying it. Odd.

Your denials are fatuous.

Of course "shills" on both sides have a "right" to exist. I don't recall ever saying otherwise. In fact, I know I never said otherwise.

There merely happen to be FAR MORE examples of "shills" disseminating deliberately distorted and politically biased propaganda tilting to the left (and in favor of the Democrat Parody) than can be found doing anything akin to that on the right for the right (or for the GOP).

Last edited: Feb 10, 2011