The Left Starts to Dump Obama

Constant fantasy on the right that the Left is going to bail on Obama.

While this is a cool fantasy, and I would dearly love it to happen, it is not how they roll.

They stuck with Clinton from felony to felony. They defended him beyond the last ditch.

The same Barney Frank and Anthony Weiner.

They invest too much of themselves in their furhers to turn on them even as the whole edifice crashes around them.

You come on this board, and November 10,2012 the lefties on this board will still insist he was right and will still insist he won re election even if he looses every single state and DC.

Agree it's a fantasy about the left bailing on Barry. But some, not many, will although not in numbers near enough to affect the election outcome per se. However, his downfall could be when those non-votes are combined with independents and others who don't support him next go-round.

I believe his biggest problem will be voter turnout.

Call me racist if you wish....but it is not that I am racist....I just refuse to be politically correct in a debate.

The first time around....

Many voted who normally dont so they can be part of history and say they voted for the first black President.

Many youngsters voted who normally wouldnt becuase of the "wave" that was created. Obama was hip and the young got caught up in the election. To many of them, he is now nothing more than the establishment.

Finally whereas the democratic candidate will always get 90+ percentage of the black vote (be him/her black or white), I believe the turnout of black voters will be smaller than last time around as it is no longer a history making election.

I believe if voter tunrout is normal, Obama will be voted out of office.

I agree, "base" energy buys you 3-4% imho. add in those that get motivated outside the norm due to extraordinarily harsh conditions we are faced with now and perhaps will still be in effect come nov. 2012,*shrugs* he can rally the "base' all he wants the combination of the 2 the energy for one base being higehr and the bitter conditions, well, thats why this debt ceiling thing has to be a win, a big one he can carry for the next 15 months and that will resonate when he brings it up next year.

The reps job is to not poison their own well as in scaring off the indies etc......mobilize those that think they really want to cut and gets us back to some sensible fiscal place going forward ala jobs etc etc ..

I basically have to go with what I see here on this board or when I wander around Portland.

I have yet to see a re elect Obama sticker, I am sure they are out there.

And I have yet to see a single lefty on this board who is in any way upset at him. They defend and embrace him.

As Trajan noted. The middle is pissed. But I don't see a huge embrace of Republicans yet.

me neither, as long as the reps don't crap all over themselves they will get some of them, I 'THINK' a necessary number to carry them over the finish line all other things being equal to now.

see, this is the thing you nutters don't get.... no matter how much some of us may disagree with some of what the president's done or how he's done it, there is nothing the right can offer or is offering that would be acceptable to dems.... at least not until you remember that most of the country isn't rightwingnuts..... or any kind of nuts...

jillian speaking: :eusa_liar: :cuckoo: :eusa_boohoo: :booze: :puke3:

The sane person's reaction. . . .

Option A: :blahblah:

Option B: :scared1:

thats just more of Jillians pompous asshattery coming out again, see; fox watchers- have a below average IQ, the rest of the "nutters, loons wingnuts" include of course the fox patch and anyone who else who doesn't agree with her.

The right has nothing to offer he becasue she hasn't been told they do...you now how that goes...:lol:

July 12, 2011
By J.R. Dunn
American Thinker

Excerpt:

more "faith-based" musings, eh?

i have more "faith" in this:

President Obama raised $86 million in the second quarter for his campaign, shattering previous fundraising records and far outpacing his GOP rivals.

The money included $47 million for his reelection campaign and $38 million for the Democratic National Committee, his campaign announced Wednesday in a video emailed to supporters.

Obama raises $86M haul in second quarter - The Hill's Blog Briefing Room

see, this is the thing you nutters don't get.... no matter how much some of us may disagree with some of what the president's done or how he's done it, there is nothing the right can offer or is offering that would be acceptable to dems.... at least not until you remember that most of the country isn't rightwingnuts..... or any kind of nuts...

at least your honest and clearly state your position of having more faith in Obama being able to buy the presidency.

Raising that type of money means corporate bucks. How is that going to look to the middle class and SS recipients?

I believe...and yes it is only a belief but an educated one.....I believe that his approval numbers are based on his ability to deflect his failed policies (and yes, I consider the stimulus a failure) on the previous administration. He continues to say things such as (paraphrased)....'i did not realize how bad the last administration screwed up the economy'....

Problem is......deflecting can last just so long.

I'm sure President Obama realized how bad the last administrtion screwed the economy, all aware and thinking people know this to be a fact.

So then he lied to us when unemployment went above 8% after he assured us it wouldnt...and explaining it by saying that he did not realize how bad the economy was?

Or was he being honest and thereofre he is not what you calssify as an aware and thinking person?

Which one is it?

The president never said we'd peak at 8%

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...bama-said-stimulus-would-cap-unemployment-8-/

I'm sure President Obama realized how bad the last administrtion screwed the economy, all aware and thinking people know this to be a fact.

So then he lied to us when unemployment went above 8% after he assured us it wouldnt...and explaining it by saying that he did not realize how bad the economy was?

Or was he being honest and thereofre he is not what you calssify as an aware and thinking person?

Which one is it?

PolitiFact | Will: Obama said stimulus would cap unemployment at 8 percent

Bottom line, everything is worse than when he took office. EVERYTHING.

Last edited:
An American Thinker article....I'll pass.

Makes sense - you don't think anyway....

Anyone with two brain cells knows that the American Thinker is not an objective source of news. It is a very partisan source, like yourself.

For example, the article calls "Obama the most left-wing President on record. No other president comes close to matching him". This is just pure BS. It is arguable that Nixon is more liberal than Obama.

As for the left being disappointed with Obama, this is nothing new. Unlike the right who marches lockstep with the GOP, the left is more diverse and dissents before the sheeple on the right. This is not say that there are no apologetic O-bots out there. Unfortunately, there are plenty.

Perhaps you want to try this again when you aren't so butthurt.

Last edited:
Not 8%, but I remember the graphs they were showing. They were saying worst case around 8.7% or so with the alternative being in the upper 9%-10% range if nothing were done.

Which one is it?

PolitiFact | Will: Obama said stimulus would cap unemployment at 8 percent

Oh? Do you know how many jobs we were losing when he took office? We aren't losing jobs anymore, but gaining jobs. Do you know that the DOW is double what it was when he took office.

Oh? Do you know how many jobs we were losing when he took office? We aren't losing jobs anymore, but gaining jobs. Do you know that the DOW is double what it was when he took office.
having a republican congress works wonders for a democratic president doesn't it.

Actually, we are losing jobs. Just to break even, we need to create around 125,000 jobs a month. They last two months have been extremely dismal. That is why the unemployment rate is rising.

The stock market is experiencing a bubble due to quantitative easing. While the market is doing well, who mainly benefiting from it? The uber rich. That is why we have seen income inequalities grow during the Obama administration. Obama's economy is very favorable for the corporatists, bankers, and the MIC. It is very hostile to average working Americans.

Back in early January, when Barack Obama was still President-elect, two of his chief economic advisers — leading proponents of a stimulus bill — predicted that the passage of a large economic-aid package would boost the economy and keep the unemployment rate below 8%. It hasn't quite worked out that way. Last month, the jobless rate in the U.S. hit 9.5%, the highest level it has reached since 1983.
(See 10 ways your job will change.)

The two advisers who wrote the paper, Christina Romer and Jared Bernstein, went on to land key jobs in the Obama Administration. Romer is the head of Obama's Council of Economic Advisers, and Bernstein is the chief economist and economic-policy adviser to Vice President Joe Biden. And the stimulus bill that both economists championed became law in mid-February. What has not come to pass, however, is the boom in job creation that Romer and Bernstein predicted. A little over a month ago, the Administration said the stimulus bill had created or saved 150,000 jobs. That's a far cry from the 3 million to 4 million jobs that Romer and Bernstein foresaw back in January.

Read more: Barack Obama's Stimulus Plan: Failing by Its Own Measure - TIME

This became the basis for Obama's push for the stimulus plan. It was a fair assumption that unemployment would be kept to a minimum, which it did not.

Whatever you do, don't look at those new jobless claims numbers!

Wall Street recovered, well what was I thinking?

Thinking we have massive unemployment, debt and a President who wants to tax our way out of it.

Forum List

Back