M.D. Rawlings

Classical Liberal
May 26, 2011
Heavenly Places
July 12, 2011
By J.R. Dunn
American Thinker

Excerpt:

The explanation for this is quite simple: Obama has failed, but the ideology must go on. Obama's biggest achievement was kicking off the Tea Parties, possibly the most serious threat to left-liberalism of the past thirty years. Movement conservatism has always been limited by its connection with Northeastern elitists, while the Neocons, though much more effective, appealed to an urban university-oriented following. But here we have an actual middle-class, middle-American movement, enlightened, informed, and outraged -- the darkest nightmare of any thinking leftist. And who created it? Obama and none other. It would take a lot of accomplishments to outweigh that single error, and Obama can't show any. His gimcrack auto company scheme worked only with aid of bogus paperwork. His "health-care reform" will not outlast judicial testing. His attempt to revive the New Deal as a solution to 21st-century problems is a sour joke to millions of unemployed. He is racing for the exits in Afghanistan, the leftist "good war," like a scalded rat. And now his deeply corrupt Justice Department is blowing up in his face. I've said all along that he would spend his last two years overwhelmed by the problems he created in his first two, and it is coming to pass in detail.​

LINK

Brilliant analysis. A must read.

Last edited:
Constant fantasy on the right that the Left is going to bail on Obama.

While this is a cool fantasy, and I would dearly love it to happen, it is not how they roll.

They stuck with Clinton from felony to felony. They defended him beyond the last ditch.

The same Barney Frank and Anthony Weiner.

They invest too much of themselves in their furhers to turn on them even as the whole edifice crashes around them.

You come on this board, and November 10,2012 the lefties on this board will still insist he was right and will still insist he won re election even if he looses every single state and DC.

While this is a cool fantasy, and I would dearly love it to happen, it is not how they roll.

They stuck with Clinton from felony to felony. They defended him beyond the last ditch.

They invest too much of themselves in their furhers to turn on them even as the whole edifice crashes around them.

You come on this board, and November 10,2012 the lefties on this board will still insist he was right and will still insist he won re election even if he looses every single state and DC.

Agree it's a fantasy about the left bailing on Barry. But some, not many, will although not in numbers near enough to affect the election outcome per se. However, his downfall could be when those non-votes are combined with independents and others who don't support him next go-round.

I agree with BM, its not about the base, each will turn out there 35% die hards vote for the R or D next to the name, its the independents.

They are the ones to watch, right now, it appears they are disappointed in Obama and he needs them, as do the reps..

July 12, 2011
By J.R. Dunn
American Thinker

Excerpt:

The explanation for this is quite simple: Obama has failed, but the ideology must go on. Obama's biggest achievement was kicking off the Tea Parties, possibly the most serious threat to left-liberalism of the past thirty years. Movement conservatism has always been limited by its connection with Northeastern elitists, while the Neocons, though much more effective, appealed to an urban university-oriented following. But here we have an actual middle-class, middle-American movement, enlightened, informed, and outraged -- the darkest nightmare of any thinking leftist. And who created it? Obama and none other. It would take a lot of accomplishments to outweigh that single error, and Obama can't show any. His gimcrack auto company scheme worked only with aid of bogus paperwork. His "health-care reform" will not outlast judicial testing. His attempt to revive the New Deal as a solution to 21st-century problems is a sour joke to millions of unemployed. He is racing for the exits in Afghanistan, the leftist "good war," like a scalded rat. And now his deeply corrupt Justice Department is blowing up in his face. I've said all along that he would spend his last two years overwhelmed by the problems he created in his first two, and it is coming to pass in detail.​

LINK

Blocked Potentially Malicious Site
Your request to visit ### americanthinker.com ### has been blocked.Access to ### americanthinker.com ### has been blocked due to the detection of potentially malicious exploits by Browser Guard.

Sites with malicious exploits may try to install programs that steal private information, use your computers to attack other networked computers or damage your system. Some sites are intentionally set-up to distribute harmful software, but many sites are compromised without their owners' knowledge or permission.

I will pass, thank you. It also appears to be an opinion piece of one author based on spectulation for the sake of a group hug.:eusa_angel:

So basically you like this "piece" because he buzzed allover your face with his partisan man juice.

Trajan is actually correct. Its.the indies that you have to watch.
Well, let's see......

Trajan made a comment that he agreed with a poster he called 'BM'. Looking at the above posts, and there aren't too many of them - only six before Trajan's - you'll see only one poster in this thread with the initials, 'BM'. That is Baruch Menachem.

So, Barach Menachem didn't write the piece, just made a post.

:cuckoo:

Freak.

Last edited:

Agree it's a fantasy about the left bailing on Barry. But some, not many, will although not in numbers near enough to affect the election outcome per se. However, his downfall could be when those non-votes are combined with independents and others who don't support him next go-round.

I believe his biggest problem will be voter turnout.

Call me racist if you wish....but it is not that I am racist....I just refuse to be politically correct in a debate.

The first time around....

Many voted who normally dont so they can be part of history and say they voted for the first black President.

Many youngsters voted who normally wouldnt becuase of the "wave" that was created. Obama was hip and the young got caught up in the election. To many of them, he is now nothing more than the establishment.

Finally whereas the democratic candidate will always get 90+ percentage of the black vote (be him/her black or white), I believe the turnout of black voters will be smaller than last time around as it is no longer a history making election.

I believe if voter tunrout is normal, Obama will be voted out of office.

Just the same, he's finished.

Sorry, I am afraid he isn't, because Obama has no one on the right who can beat him, because the rights view of the World in chains isn't what the voters want. IE. You have nothing to fight with.

So basically you like this "piece" because he buzzed allover your face with his partisan man juice.

Trajan is actually correct. Its.the indies that you have to watch.

No....we like the piece becuase it exudes truth and coincides with what we are seeing and hearing.

I agree with BM, its not about the base, each will turn out there 35% die hards vote for the R or D next to the name, its the independents.

They are the ones to watch, right now, it appears they are disappointed in Obama and he needs them, as do the reps..

Always the case.

Just the same, he's finished.

Sorry, I am afraid he isn't, because Obama has no one on the right who can beat him, because the rights view of the World in chains isn't what the voters want. IE. You have nothing to fight with.

Obama didnt win the last election....Failure (or what was marketed as failure) lost the election.
Thus why he campaigned against Bush even though Bush wasnt running.

A Ham sandwich can run against Obamas failure of a first term and win.

That. of course, is my opinion.

Obama is one stupid ass MFer!!!

LOL! Yet he is president and your a turd in a field. Simple as that. He convinced the majority of Americans based on "Hope & Change," and buried your intelligent "bomb, bomb, Iran" McCain, and "I got a bridge to no where to sell you" Palin. So for being stupid, he is way ahead of you and your ilk, and calling him a MFer means he might be your daddy. LMAO!!:lol:

I wouldn't count on it. The Left are a bunch of disingenuous pussies when it comes down to it. Remember that "Anti-War Left?" What the Hell happened to them? Where'd they go? Those same so-called "Anti-War Left" jerks are now the biggest blood-thirsty War Mongers in this country. The Left just can't be trusted on anything. So no,the Left wont be dumping the Hopey Changey One. They're just whining & complaining like they always do. In the end,they'll just be the disingenuous pussies they always are. They'll be back on that "Hope & Change" Bandwagon any day now. Bet on it.

Last edited:
July 12, 2011
By J.R. Dunn
American Thinker

Excerpt:

LINK

...........says the moran who thinks Rick Perry would make a good POTUS? Have you seen the religious fanatics who he will be paling around with at his upcoming "prayer conference"?????

I basically have to go with what I see here on this board or when I wander around Portland.

I have yet to see a re elect Obama sticker, I am sure they are out there.

And I have yet to see a single lefty on this board who is in any way upset at him. They defend and embrace him.

As Trajan noted. The middle is pissed. But I don't see a huge embrace of Republicans yet.

Forum List

Back