The left outrage of Rush .. But what about...

You're completely appalled at Rush LImbaugh buuuut...... Bill Maher referred to Sarah Palin multiple times as a “c*nt”, endorse the rape of Elisabeth Hasselbeck, and wished death upon Glenn Beck. What about MSNBC’s Ed Schultz calling Laura Ingraham a “slut” or Keith Olbermann calling Michelle Malkin a “big mashed up bag of meat with lipstick.” How about Larry Flynt calling Sarah Palin’s son with Down Syndrome a “brain dead vegetable”, or the The Family Guy episode where the same child was mocked for being the born the way he was. Then there's the Playboy columnist who wrote about the top ten conservative women he’d like to “hate-f*ck” and Newsweek’s Andrew Sullivan writing that he had an orgasm (he actually used a much cruder term) when reading a message from Sarah Palin. How about all the high profile media pundits referring to members of the Tea Party as “racists” or “terrorists” and comparing George W. Bush to Hitler... all this is just fine I suppose. Happy Super TUESDAY get out and vote!

I knew this was a "What about Bill Maher" parrot thread before I even opened it. How many trying to use the "but Bill did it too" excuse? Lots of you. Yep, it's sure working, isn't it? :eusa_whistle:

You use " But Booosh" all the time, what is the difference?

This is America.....of course he can

But he can also face the consequences for what he said......that is also part of free speech

Exactly. When Ms. Fluke got in front of Congress and lied about the cost of contraception she had to know there would be consequences.....

If Rush thought her calculations were wrong, he is free to point out what he thinks are the correct numbers

Now....how did he get from there to calling her a slut and a prostitute?

And how did he read her testimony and come to the conclusion that she needs to release a tape of her having sex?

We've sure got a bunch of hypersensitive pantywaists on this board. No wonder there's so many ridiculous lawsuits out there.

You guys freak out more over what individual words blowhard media mouthpieces say than a 2 year old who gets their binky taken away on laundry day.

Its funny to see Repubs run into every thread waving their arms saying

THERES NOTHING TO SEE HERE!

We've sure got a bunch of hypersensitive pantywaists on this board. No wonder there's so many ridiculous lawsuits out there.

You guys freak out more over what individual words blowhard media mouthpieces say than a 2 year old who gets their binky taken away on laundry day.

Fuck you
You god damn, cock sucking asshole motherfucker

But he can also face the consequences for what he said......that is also part of free speech

Exactly. When Ms. Fluke got in front of Congress and lied about the cost of contraception she had to know there would be consequences.....

If Rush thought her calculations were wrong, he is free to point out what he thinks are the correct numbers

Who cares what Rush said? Let's focus on what she said.

She is a political activist, brought in to testify for the express intention of misleading Congress with a sob story about how hard it is for Georgetown Students to be able to afford contraception. Poor thing. But when you investigate the facts it's laughable!

Now, I still would not have called her a slut. I would have just shown her to be a liar or a moron. The "pill" costs an average of $20/month. A condom costs about $1.00 Additionally, there are 3 Planned Parenthood facilities in DC and none are further than 3.2 miles from Georgetown. They provide condoms, birth control pills, and gynecological exams for FREE. Draw your own conclusions- but this tells me that our abortion rights activist is either a liar, or stupid.

Rush speaks for himself. He can attack whomever and whatever he wants in any way that he sees fit- within the law of course. Free speech, it ain't always pretty....

OK, if she lied, why didn't Rush give the real figures on the costs.....instead of calling her a "slut" and a "prostitute"? Why don't you give us the real cost figures instead of defending Rush?

She is a political activist, brought in to testify for the express intention of misleading Congress with a sob story about how hard it is for Georgetown Students to be able to afford contraception. Poor thing. But when you investigate the facts it's laughable!

Now, I still would not have called her a slut. I would have just shown her to be a liar or a moron. The "pill" costs an average of $20/month. A condom costs about $1.00 Additionally, there are 3 Planned Parenthood facilities in DC and none are further than 3.2 miles from Georgetown. They provide condoms, birth control pills, and gynecological exams for FREE. Draw your own conclusions- but this tells me that our abortion rights activist is either a liar, or stupid.

So, if it is so easy to disprove what she said....why call her a "slut" and a "prostitute"?

Hmmm... I guess bad taste and uncouth of Limbaugh to say what he said... See.. a Conservative (even if I ain't a Limbaugh listener) can state disagreement with a conservative radio host...

Now... where indeed is the outrage from the leftists, when a leftist entertainer insults a female from the right??

You're completely appalled at Rush LImbaugh buuuut...... Bill Maher referred to Sarah Palin multiple times as a “c*nt”, endorse the rape of Elisabeth Hasselbeck, and wished death upon Glenn Beck. What about MSNBC’s Ed Schultz calling Laura Ingraham a “slut” or Keith Olbermann calling Michelle Malkin a “big mashed up bag of meat with lipstick.” How about Larry Flynt calling Sarah Palin’s son with Down Syndrome a “brain dead vegetable”, or the The Family Guy episode where the same child was mocked for being the born the way he was. Then there's the Playboy columnist who wrote about the top ten conservative women he’d like to “hate-f*ck” and Newsweek’s Andrew Sullivan writing that he had an orgasm (he actually used a much cruder term) when reading a message from Sarah Palin. How about all the high profile media pundits referring to members of the Tea Party as “racists” or “terrorists” and comparing George W. Bush to Hitler... all this is just fine I suppose. Happy Super TUESDAY get out and vote!

"But Joey did it first!" Quit crying and defending that bum. He is declasse and has been since his first broadcast. Making comments about 12 year old Chelsea Clinton's looks, mocking Michael J. Fox's illness and calling every man's mother, wife, daughter a slut is disgusting.

So, if it is so easy to disprove what she said....why call her a "slut" and a "prostitute"?
You'll have to ask the person that called her that.

Hmmm... I guess bad taste and uncouth of Limbaugh to say what he said... See.. a Conservative (even if I ain't a Limbaugh listener) can state disagreement with a conservative radio host...

Now... where indeed is the outrage from the leftists, when a leftist entertainer insults a female from the right??

Leftist entertainer? Did the Dems invite Maher to speak at an event and we missed it?

Rush is a major figure on the right...Maher is a major figure...on HBO. Even if you twisted the argument 7 different ways Rush and Maher still wouldnt be considered the same.

Repubs tell us all the time how Rush is a successful Conservative Voice. Even Rush says it himself....Where did anyone make the same statements about Maher? Anyone? Nope

And Rush could have very well said that rather than call her a slut for three days

My wife hasn't used birth control pills in 14 years. I had an operation that makes me shoot blanks. But our insurance didn't cover the pills and we paid a little over $30 a month. I know because the wife used to send me to the pharmacy to pick up her god damn pills. Add in an annual doctors visit to get your prescription and you are at $500 to $600 a year. I don't know what the latest birth control pills cost today

The issue of how much she pays is a red herring. She was advocating that insurers across the nation pay for birth control for EVERYONE...not just Georgetown students

Last edited:

This "assault" on Ms. Fluke reminds me of the pepper spray "assault" on several females OWS protestors in that someone was stupid enough to give them what they wanted...press coverage and sympathy. Rush Limbaugh is an idiot. You don't attack the person...you attack the message. Ms. Fluke's demand that Georgetown University...a Catholic institution...be forced to pay for birth control, is beyond the pale. Attack that stance. Attack the absurdity of someone who can afford to pay tuition at an expensive school like Georgetown claiming they can't afford to pay for their own birth control. Don't accuse Ms. Fluke of being a slut...ask her why she chose to attend a Catholic school like Georgetown in the first place if she was so adamantly opposed to Catholic beliefs.

So Rush is an entertainer after all? Entertainers are in charge of the GOP message?

Leftist entertainer? Did the Dems invite Maher to speak at an event and we missed it?

Rush is a major figure on the right...Maher is a major figure...on HBO. Even if you twisted the argument 7 different ways Rush and Maher still wouldnt be considered the same.

Repubs tell us all the time how Rush is a successful Conservative Voice. Even Rush says it himself....Where did anyone make the same statements about Maher? Anyone? Nope

Ummm.. No.. BOTH are entertainers who have a distinct bias... and have following on their respective political sides...

Nice attempt at an excuse though

You'll have to ask the person that called her that.

Ironic..

You know the intentions and motives of this Fluke girl but come up empty when asked about the intentions and motives of Rush.

Funny how that works. Did your motive detector suddenly shut down?

And therein lies the problem the Right has had the last few days. You don't seem to understand how insulted women are by what he said.

to be more accurate, rush shouldnt have singled out that georgetown co-ed..........

he should have used plural to encompass all the sluts and who feel that someone else should pay for their sexual favors patronage.....................

Ummm.. No.. BOTH are entertainers who have a distinct bias... and have following on their respective political sides...

Nice attempt at an excuse though

Followers doesnt mean the party embraces Maher. The GOP made Rush an HONORARY MEMBER, has him speak at CPAC thats a conservative event by the way and GOP canidates go to worship at the Rush Alter every four years.

Maher has none of that...but you're still playing dumb like they are the same. Maher is a self described libertarian...Rush is a self described Con...Do you see why your comparison is false yet?

Maher gets invited to nothing by dems. Do you see the difference?

Forum List

Back