The left outrage of Rush .. But what about...

If Rush thought her calculations were wrong, he is free to point out what he thinks are the correct numbers

Now....how did he get from there to calling her a slut and a prostitute?

Who cares what Rush said? Let's focus on what she said.

She is a political activist, brought in to testify for the express intention of misleading Congress with a sob story about how hard it is for Georgetown Students to be able to afford contraception. Poor thing. But when you investigate the facts it's laughable!

Now, I still would not have called her a slut. I would have just shown her to be a liar or a moron. The "pill" costs an average of $20/month. A condom costs about $1.00 Additionally, there are 3 Planned Parenthood facilities in DC and none are further than 3.2 miles from Georgetown. They provide condoms, birth control pills, and gynecological exams for FREE. Draw your own conclusions- but this tells me that our abortion rights activist is either a liar, or stupid.

And Rush could have very well said that rather than call her a slut for three days

My wife hasn't used birth control pills in 14 years. I had an operation that makes me shoot blanks. But our insurance didn't cover the pills and we paid a little over $30 a month. I know because the wife used to send me to the pharmacy to pick up her god damn pills. Add in an annual doctors visit to get your prescription and you are at $500 to $600 a year. I don't know what the latest birth control pills cost today

The issue of how much she pays is a red herring. She was advocating that insurers across the nation pay for birth control for EVERYONE...not just Georgetown students
I agree. Her statements were easily disproved, that is the route I would have taken.

Why did Rush call her a slut? He's an entertainer who makes money from controversy. Just remember, like Bill Maher, Ed Schultz, et.al., Rush speaks for himself, and himself alone. He does not represent the Republican Party or conservatives - he represents himself.

Bottom line - Rush accomplished his goal - he is the topic of conversation across the nation. His sponsors will all return once the broughaha dies down...

Leftist entertainer? Did the Dems invite Maher to speak at an event and we missed it?

Rush is a major figure on the right...Maher is a major figure...on HBO. Even if you twisted the argument 7 different ways Rush and Maher still wouldnt be considered the same.

Repubs tell us all the time how Rush is a successful Conservative Voice. Even Rush says it himself....Where did anyone make the same statements about Maher? Anyone? Nope

Ummm.. No.. BOTH are entertainers who have a distinct bias... and have following on their respective political sides...

Nice attempt at an excuse though

Followers doesnt mean the party embraces Maher. The GOP made Rush an HONORARY MEMBER, has him speak at CPAC thats a conservative event by the way and GOP canidates go to worship at the Rush Alter every four years.

Maher has none of that...but you're still playing dumb like they are the same. Maher is a self described libertarian...Rush is a self described Con...Do you see why your comparison is false yet?

Maher gets invited to nothing by dems. Do you see the difference?

You have to understand. They are DESPERATE to shoehorn some kind of comparison between Maher and Limbaugh. They cannot abide admitting that what Limbaugh said was totally out of line. So, this is the current route they must take around doing the Decent Thing.

Leftist entertainer? Did the Dems invite Maher to speak at an event and we missed it?

Rush is a major figure on the right...Maher is a major figure...on HBO. Even if you twisted the argument 7 different ways Rush and Maher still wouldnt be considered the same.

Repubs tell us all the time how Rush is a successful Conservative Voice. Even Rush says it himself....Where did anyone make the same statements about Maher? Anyone? Nope

Ummm.. No.. BOTH are entertainers who have a distinct bias... and have following on their respective political sides...

Followers doesnt mean the party embraces Maher. The GOP made Rush an HONORARY MEMBER, has him speak at CPAC thats a conservative event by the way and GOP canidates go to worship at the Rush Alter every four years.

Maher has none of that...but you're still playing dumb like they are the same. Maher is a self described libertarian...Rush is a self described Con...Do you see why your comparison is false yet?

You just will not face facts.. .that they are 2 sides of the same coin... biased entertainers of the political sort

What next?? Maddow is not in the same boat??

You will just never admit to wrong doing in the opposite direction.. because it fits your agenda

You have to understand. They are DESPERATE to shoehorn some kind of comparison between Maher and Limbaugh. They cannot abide admitting that what Limbaugh said was totally out of line. So, this is the current route they must take around doing the Decent Thing.

Funny... already said what Limbaugh said was uncouth and wrong..

But nice try

It's all part of the act that the left has been performing for decades. Obamites believe this is a winning issue for them. They will do anything to distract from the real issues - the economy, gas prices, massive deficits, the national debt, unemployment, etc...

2012-03-06-humor-toon2.jpg

2012-03-06-humor-toon5.jpg
That is because the real issues they can't realisticly do anything about they are so incompetent.

you're completely appalled at rush limbaugh buuuut...... Bill maher referred to sarah palin multiple times as a “c*nt”, endorse the rape of elisabeth hasselbeck, and wished death upon glenn beck. What about msnbc’s ed schultz calling laura ingraham a “slut” or keith olbermann calling michelle malkin a “big mashed up bag of meat with lipstick.” how about larry flynt calling sarah palin’s son with down syndrome a “brain dead vegetable”, or the the family guy episode where the same child was mocked for being the born the way he was. Then there's the playboy columnist who wrote about the top ten conservative women he’d like to “hate-f*ck” and newsweek’s andrew sullivan writing that he had an orgasm (he actually used a much cruder term) when reading a message from sarah palin. How about all the high profile media pundits referring to members of the tea party as “racists” or “terrorists” and comparing george w. Bush to hitler... All this is just fine i suppose. Happy super tuesday get out and vote!

waaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh!

You just will not face facts.. .that they are 2 sides of the same coin... biased entertainers of the political sort

You will just never admit to wrong doing in the opposite direction.. because it fits your agenda

Yeah except Maher is a libertarian and Rush is a Con...I dont know how you just throw dems in there for shits and giggles. Rush was made an HONORARY MEMBER of the GOP.

If you think an HONORARY MEMBER of the GOP is the same as a comedian who has NO AFFILIATION with the Democratic Party then you have some 'splainin to do :lol:

No need to be desperate - there is a very apt comparison:
They both have broadcast shows that appeal to political extremists.
They both speak for themselves.
They both profit from controversy.

I would say Maddow is closer to being like Limbaugh is as a political pundit, not a comedian. But she doesn't have near the power in the DNC as Limbaugh has in the RNC.....aaaaaaand.....I don't believe Maddow would be as crass as Limbaugh either.

but Maher is a libertarian

That donated $1,000,000 to Obama's PAC? Try again bub....:cuckoo:

Yeah except Maher is a libertarian and Rush is a Con...I dont know how you just throw dems in there for shits and giggles. Rush was made an HONORARY MEMBER of the GOP.

If you think an HONORARY MEMBER of the GOP is the same as a comedian who has NO AFFILIATION with the Democratic Party then you have some 'splainin to do :lol:

Why didn't he give that million to Paul then?

Next thing you know some adolescent liberal will be getting all hyped up over what some actress or singer has to say.......................

Inquiring minds want to know.....

The man is a self described Libertarian. Rush is a self described Con

Maher is embraced by no political figure on the left. Rush is embraced by political figures on the right

Your generalized comparison doesnt cut it.

Wasn't it Palin's running mate who made the "****" word so famous first? Everyone gave HIM a pass, too. Right?

Gave him a pass? Did he win the election?

Nice try.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
Wait. Are you saying that you didn't vote for McCain, that many didn't vote for McCain because he used the "C" word?

Allow me: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Oh excuse me, did YOU get outraged when Obama called us Tea baggers?

Yeah, I thought not.

Nice try hypocrite!

Wait. Are you saying that you didn't vote for McCain, that many didn't vote for McCain because he used the "C" word?

Allow me: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Oh excuse me, did YOU get outraged when Obama called us Tea baggers?

Yeah, I thought not.

Nice try hypocrite!
Bodecea's selective outrage is known far and wide...:lol:

or how about when Ed Shultz called Laura Ingrahm a slut.

Or Bill Maher called Sarah Palin a slut, or Michelle Bachman??????

No, I bet not.

I call BS and Hypocrites all around on the liberal side.

Maher is embraced by no political figure on the left. Rush is embraced by political figures on the right

I'm afraid, much to your chagrin, that his comparison is accurate. Neither Maher nor Rush have any power on affecting policy in this country. They are entertainers.

I'm afraid, much to your chagrin, that his comparison is accurate. Neither Maher nor Rush have any power on affecting policy in this country. They are entertainers.

Tell that to the GOP who made Rush an honorary member. Rush has influence in the GOP pretending he doesnt makes you look disingenuous

Forum List

Back