The left outrage of Rush .. But what about...

I think it is totally acceptable. Rush speaks for himself, and no one else. Bill Maher is free to call Sarah Palin a "****" , he speaks for himself and no one else as well. I am for free speech, even when it is offensive...

You're completely appalled at Rush LImbaugh buuuut...... Bill Maher referred to Sarah Palin multiple times as a “c*nt”, endorse the rape of Elisabeth Hasselbeck, and wished death upon Glenn Beck. What about MSNBC’s Ed Schultz calling Laura Ingraham a “slut” or Keith Olbermann calling Michelle Malkin a “big mashed up bag of meat with lipstick.” How about Larry Flynt calling Sarah Palin’s son with Down Syndrome a “brain dead vegetable”, or the The Family Guy episode where the same child was mocked for being the born the way he was. Then there's the Playboy columnist who wrote about the top ten conservative women he’d like to “hate-f*ck” and Newsweek’s Andrew Sullivan writing that he had an orgasm (he actually used a much cruder term) when reading a message from Sarah Palin. How about all the high profile media pundits referring to members of the Tea Party as “racists” or “terrorists” and comparing George W. Bush to Hitler... all this is just fine I suppose. Happy Super TUESDAY get out and vote!

Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Michelle Malkin, Sarah Palin, Bill Maher, Keith Olbermann, Ed Schultz are all political pundits. They get paid to hurl insults at the other side and I personally don't care what they call each other

It is when they attack innocent civilians who are not involved in the current vitriol that they cross the line. Sarah Palins kids are crossing the line. Gold Star mothers are crossing the line. Georgetown students is crossing the line. If they make political statements that you disagree with .......attack those statements but don't attack the person

Last edited:
It's all part of the act that the left has been performing for decades. Obamites believe this is a winning issue for them. They will do anything to distract from the real issues - the economy, gas prices, massive deficits, the national debt, unemployment, etc...

2012-03-06-humor-toon2.jpg

2012-03-06-humor-toon5.jpg

Hmmm...when do you think the GOP Presidential candidates are going to start talking about these "real issues"?

rush limbuagh was a speaker at the gop cpac convention. Did maher speak at the democrat convention

they are both comedians, or at least that has been Rush's defense after previous bouts of foot-in-mouth

Rush supposedly speaks for conservatives and a branch of GOP

Maher is no Democrat or liberal.

rush is not a comedian lol

are you serious ?

rush limbuagh was a speaker at the gop cpac convention. Did maher speak at the democrat convention

they are both comedians, or at least that has been Rush's defense after previous bouts of foot-in-mouth

Rush supposedly speaks for conservatives and a branch of GOP

Maher is no Democrat or liberal.

Who did he just give a million bucks to??

You're completely appalled at Rush LImbaugh buuuut...... Bill Maher referred to Sarah Palin multiple times as a “c*nt”, endorse the rape of Elisabeth Hasselbeck, and wished death upon Glenn Beck. What about MSNBC’s Ed Schultz calling Laura Ingraham a “slut” or Keith Olbermann calling Michelle Malkin a “big mashed up bag of meat with lipstick.” How about Larry Flynt calling Sarah Palin’s son with Down Syndrome a “brain dead vegetable”, or the The Family Guy episode where the same child was mocked for being the born the way he was. Then there's the Playboy columnist who wrote about the top ten conservative women he’d like to “hate-f*ck” and Newsweek’s Andrew Sullivan writing that he had an orgasm (he actually used a much cruder term) when reading a message from Sarah Palin. How about all the high profile media pundits referring to members of the Tea Party as “racists” or “terrorists” and comparing George W. Bush to Hitler... all this is just fine I suppose. Happy Super TUESDAY get out and vote!

Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Michelle Malkin, Sarah Palin, Bill Maher, Keith Olbermann, Ed Schultz are all political pundits. They get paid to hurl insults at the other side and I personally don't care what they call each other

It is when they attack innocent civilians who are not involved in the current vitriol that they cross the line. Sarah Palins kids are crossing the line. Gold Star mothers are crossing the line. Georgetown students is crossing the line. If they make political statements that you disagree with .......attack those statements but don't attack the person
She's not just a student- she's a political activist.....she's fair game. :cuckoo:

It's all part of the act that the left has been performing for decades. Obamites believe this is a winning issue for them. They will do anything to distract from the real issues - the economy, gas prices, massive deficits, the national debt, unemployment, etc...

2012-03-06-humor-toon2.jpg

2012-03-06-humor-toon5.jpg

Hmmm...when do you think the GOP Presidential candidates are going to start talking about these "real issues"?

Once we have our nominee, the entire focus will be on Obama and his dismal record of failure and debt. It's a long time until November and by then these distractions will be long forgotten. But the $5 trillion in new debt will still be there, the 1 in 5 people that are unemployed will still be there, the price of gas will still be high.... Obama has a record now, "hope and change" won't work this time.....

She's not just a student- she's a political activist.....she's fair game. :cuckoo:

Attack her political views not her personally
She is not involved in right wing attacks to further her political agenda. She is not making a living off of attacking the right.

Did she ever attack Rush in the way she was being attacked?

Last edited:

She is not involved in right wing attacks to further her political agenda. She is not making a living off of attacking the right.

Rush speaks for himself. He can attack whomever and whatever he wants in any way that he sees fit- within the law of course. Free speech, it ain't always pretty....

Rush speaks for himself. He can attack whomever and whatever he wants in any way that he sees fit- within the law of course. Free speech, it ain't always pretty....

This is America.....of course he can

But he can also face the consequences for what he said......that is also part of free speech

But he can also face the consequences for what he said......that is also part of free speech

Exactly. When Ms. Fluke got in front of Congress and lied about the cost of contraception she had to know there would be consequences.....

Exactly. When Ms. Fluke got in front of Congress and lied about the cost of contraception she had to know there would be consequences.....

If Rush thought her calculations were wrong, he is free to point out what he thinks are the correct numbers

Now....how did he get from there to calling her a slut and a prostitute?

Excusing the politics of personal destruction eh?

Condemnation has come from both the Right and Left. Rush abuses his right of free speech. He uses slander, half truths, and out of context quotes to make his points. I certainly support his right to do so, but I find it disheartening that there are so many people in this country that support him.

I am left wondering why the OP thinks what Limbaugh did was acceptable.

Because he simply said what everyone else was thinking.

My instant response to the radio, when I heard Sandra Fluke (before Rush said a word) was "So, she's such a WHORE she needs a thousand bucks a year for birth control?????????"

It was so over the top and so phony, everyone SHOULD laugh and call it what it was. Nuts and sluts politics, originated by the Horndog in Chief, Bill Clinton.

There is no way Rush should have apologized. It's the truth.

'nuff said.

I dont but I do not like the hypocrisy that comes from the left

So, you don't talk at all about not liking what Rush said....but make the point of starting a thread about Bill Maher, a comedian (and not a very funny one, imo) and what he said quite a while ago.

Pardon me for being skeptical about you not liking what Limbaugh said about that young woman.

Because he simply said what everyone else was thinking.

Everyone else, eh? You run with that...ok?

My instant response to the radio, when I heard Sandra Fluke (before Rush said a word) was "So, she's such a WHORE she needs a thousand bucks a year for birth control?????????"

It was so over the top and so phony, everyone SHOULD laugh and call it what it was. Nuts and sluts politics, originated by the Horndog in Chief, Bill Clinton.

There is no way Rush should have apologized. It's the truth.

'nuff said.

I think this post is an excellent example of the kind of Rightwing value system they are trying to foist on us in this next election. An excellent example.

Forum List

Back