The left outrage of Rush .. But what about...

but Maher is a libertarian
That donated $1,000,000 to Obama's PAC? Try again bub....:cuckoo:

The man is a self described Libertarian. Rush is a self described Con

Maher is embraced by no political figure on the left. Rush is embraced by political figures on the right

Your generalized comparison doesnt cut it.

Furthermore, I would never call for someone like Schultz, Maher, Rush, etc to be censored, boycotted, for their speech....no matter how awful it is.

Maher is embraced by no political figure on the left. Rush is embraced by political figures on the right

I'm afraid, much to your chagrin, that his comparison is accurate. Neither Maher nor Rush have any power on affecting policy in this country. They are entertainers.

Exactly.

Neither have the power of a politician...interesting how some assign such power to them.

From Rush:

Do I have the power to raise their taxes? I do not.
Do I have the power to regulate their behavior? I do not.
Do I have the power to make health care decisions for them? I do not.
Do I have the power to withhold birth control pills from them? I do not.
Do I have the power to audit their tax returns? I do not.
Do I have the power to take their little four-year-old kindergarten student's lunch and throw it away and make 'em eat something else? I do not.
Do I have the power to look into their personal life and leak the information to the media? I do not.
Is there one bit of freedom that I can deny them? Can I raise their taxes?
They want to blame me as being the person they should fear, when in fact the people doing all these things I just said I have no power to do, the Democrat Party is doing. That's who everybody's afraid of in this country. You know that story about the four-year-old girl who had her lunch taken by the federal agent? When those stories happen, have you noticed the people involved don't want their names known? Who are they afraid of? They're afraid of Democrat Party. They're afraid of the Obama administration. The Obama administration will take away your birth control, and if you let 'em do that, they'll tell you when you can and can't take it. And then they'll tell you when you can and can't have sex, and then they will tell you when you can or cannot have an abortion!
You give them this power, that's what they want.
I can't do any of this.

LINK

Once again this is a non-issue designed to divert attention from what the REAL issue will be this Fall.

Ms. Fluke's numbers were a joke...her stance that a catholic institution should be forced to pay for birth control is unreasonable. Limbaugh's personal attack only garnered sympathy for someone who's testimony should have been questioned, not their morals.

Pay attention, conservatives...this WILL be the strategy going forward for progressives. They will do everything they can to make the coming election about something OTHER than the economy, the deficit or unemployment levels. Running on those issues is political suicide for them. Please be intelligent enough to realize what they are and will be doing and don't take the bait.

I'm afraid, much to your chagrin, that his comparison is accurate. Neither Maher nor Rush have any power on affecting policy in this country. They are entertainers.

Tell that to the GOP who made Rush an honorary member. Rush has influence in the GOP pretending he doesnt makes you look disingenuous

It's a conspiracy!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

tin-foil-hat.jpg

Tell that to the GOP who made Rush an honorary member. Rush has influence in the GOP pretending he doesnt makes you look disingenuous

No.....he doesn't.

but Maher is a libertarian

Sorry, but Bill Maher is no Libertarian. From my understanding Maher agrees with Libertarians on only one issue - drug laws- because he gets high on marijuana every day. He is a Liberal Democrat on pretty much every other issue and that is why he donated $1,000,000 to Obama's PAC. If he were really a Libertarian he'd have donated his money to Libertarian groups and PAC's. But he doesn't, because he's not a Libertarian. He may call himself one, but that doesn't make him one.

For instance. I agree with liberals on "choice", does that mean it's OK for me to "self identify" that I am a Liberal? Of course I can say I am a liberal. But we all know that I am not.

Another example- Here on USMB we have a person who goes by the handle "rightwinger" - he self identifies (by his chosen screen name) that he is a "rightwinger". But we all know he is not conservative or right wing.

Your argument is weak.

Gave him a pass? Did he win the election?

Nice try.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
Wait. Are you saying that you didn't vote for McCain, that many didn't vote for McCain because he used the "C" word?

Allow me: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Oh excuse me, did YOU get outraged when Obama called us Tea baggers?

Yeah, I thought not.

Nice try hypocrite!

It is not Obamas fault that they picked the dumbest name in political history for their movement

But hey....It could have been the Tossed Salad Party

Oh excuse me, did YOU get outraged when Obama called us Tea baggers?

Yeah, I thought not.

Nice try hypocrite!
Bodecea's selective outrage is known far and wide...:lol:

or how about when Ed Shultz called Laura Ingrahm a slut.

I'm very glad you brought that one up. Did you see Shultz's apology?

Or Bill Maher called Sarah Palin a slut, or Michelle Bachman??????

Yeah, he's a shock comedian, and I don't think he's very funny at all. Are you saying that is what Limbaugh is? A shock comedian?

No, I bet not.

I call BS and Hypocrites all around on the liberal side.

Oh, I'm sure you do......it beats having to actually dwell on the fact that what Limbaugh did was WRONG and there are a lot of pissed off women.

Forum List

Back