The Left has forgotten Americans working class

Holy crap. Republican mind control going on in this thread. I’ll let you in on a secret:

Republicans stir up racial fear and insecurity in uneducated white men. Then they try to tie it back to policies that support the wealthy and corporations. The republican masses go along because it all sounds good that the reason for their lot in life is that brown people illegally here or black people too lazy to work are stealing from them. That must be it.

It’s called misdirection. They are picking your pocket with one hand on your shoulder and their lips in your ear whispering about the wrong culprit. Wake up. You just gave them $1 trillion dollars. That wasn’t anyone but rich and corporate welfare. Wake up.

Holy crap. Republican mind control going on in this thread. I’ll let you in on a secret:

Republicans stir up racial fear and insecurity in uneducated white men. Then they try to tie it back to policies that support the wealthy and corporations. The republican masses go along because it all sounds good that the reason for their lot in life is that brown people illegally here or black people too lazy to work are stealing from them. That must be it.

It’s called misdirection. They are picking your pocket with one hand on your shoulder and their lips in your ear whispering about the wrong culprit. Wake up. You just gave them $1 trillion dollars. That wasn’t anyone but rich and corporate welfare. Wake up.

The government doesn't give them anything. They only take less of what those people earned.

As far as race goes, who is it now fanning the flames for reparations; a system of taking from people that never owned slaves and giving it to people that never were slaves? Who is it that wants 100 billion dollars in a giveaway for HER people so they can buy homes they can't afford and start another housing collapse?

Black people have never done better than under Trump. But let me fill YOU in on a secret: he didn't make any policy for any specific group or race of people. He simply made things better for everybody and everybody benefited the same.

That's what a real President is supposed to do; not pander to this group or that group to buy votes.

The government doesn't give them anything. They only take less of what those people earned.

As far as race goes, who is it now fanning the flames for reparations; a system of taking from people that never owned slaves and giving it to people that never were slaves? Who is it that wants 100 billion dollars in a giveaway for HER people so they can buy homes they can't afford and start another housing collapse?

Black people have never done better than under Trump. But let me fill YOU in on a secret: he didn't make any policy for any specific group or race of people. He simply made things better for everybody and everybody benefited the same.

That's what a real President is supposed to do; not pander to this group or that group to buy votes.
People earned their money in a country that requires tax support to function. Those who gained the most from a functioning America also should pay the most. Sending that burden down the ladder is cruel.

Reparations are about as workable as a sea to sea wall that Mexico pays for. Opportunity, like free education, for those who continue to suffer from the bad start slavery and Jim Crowe gave their families is more workable. All studies show that your best factor of success is your parents’ success. We are not as socially mobile as you’d think.

I voted for Trump because both parties have screwed the middle and lower class.

People earned their money in a country that requires tax support to function. Those who gained the most from a functioning America also should pay the most. Sending that burden down the ladder is cruel.

Reparations are about as workable as a sea to sea wall that Mexico pays for. Opportunity, like free education, for those who continue to suffer from the bad start slavery and Jim Crowe gave their families is more workable. All studies show that your best factor of success is your parents’ success. We are not as socially mobile as you’d think.

Utter bull. My father could tell you stories about he and his five siblings that would make you cry. He joined the Marines and fought in Korea for a year just so he could have a steady diet for the first time in his life. Their upbringing made him and his siblings try even harder, and they all became productive citizens; a few of them owning their own businesses.

Education is not free, but is taxpayer funded, and until today, blacks lead the country in dropout rates. Unless you attend a private school of some sort, it's free to everybody no matter what race you are. Thanks to Republicans, low income blacks may be eligible for a school voucher (that Democrats fought tooth and nail against) if you want an even better school than the one in your area.

Those who gained the most from their hard work should pay the most? Fine. The top 20% of wage earners in this country pay over 80% of all collected income taxes for the rest of us. I think that's paying the most. Furthermore, as for passing the burden down the ladder, that only goes so far as the bottom 47% pay no income tax at all in this country.

Last edited:
Working class or salves.. hmmm democrats tough decisions lol

Utter bull. My father could tell you stories about he and his five siblings that would make you cry. He joined the Marines and fought in Korea for a year just so he could have a steady diet for the first time in his life. Their upbringing made him and his siblings try even harder, and they all became productive citizens; a few of them owning their own businesses.

Education is not free, but is taxpayer funded, and until today, blacks lead the country in dropout rates. Unless you attend a private school of some sort, it's free to everybody no matter what race you are. Thanks to Republicans, low income blacks may be eligible for a school voucher (that Democrats fought tooth and nail against) if you want an even better school than the one in your area.

Those who gained the most from their hard work should pay the most? Fine. The top 20% of wage earners in this country pay over 80% of all collected income taxes for the rest of us. I think that's paying the most. Furthermore, as for passing the burden down the ladder, that only goes so far as the bottom 47% pay no income tax at all in this country.
Your anecdote doesn’t invalidate the fact that your success factors are highly correlated with your parents. It is the biggest success factor along with race unfortunately. The fact that outliers exist is meaningless unless you have an agenda. This NYT study really shows how far behind black men are in success.

Extensive Data Shows Punishing Reach of Racism for Black Boys

58041F6C-5059-4D1B-9F16-043C120157A8.jpeg

Your anecdote doesn’t invalidate the fact that your success factors are highly correlated with your parents. It is the biggest success factor along with race unfortunately. The fact that outliers exist is meaningless unless you have an agenda. This NYT study really shows how far behind black men are in success.

View attachment 268537

Okay, but are the results from slavery, parenting, Jim Crow, or bad decision making?

Poverty is directly related to single-parent homes. Nobody owns that category more than blacks. Democrats for years have promoted single-parent homes sanctioned by the women's liberation movement.

Most elderly white people I know never got a thing from their parents. If our generation does, it won't be much and we will be the first generation to do so.

What I did in life has little to do with my parents outside of the fact I was raised in a two parent household and my father taught me how to work. My mother taught me respect and responsibility, and this unique design by God that liberals mock are why I"m who I am today---not by race.

Of course as a white man, you might not take my word for it. But here is a very well researched article from Professor Walter E Williams. As a successful black man, Professor Williams does unchallenged research you might find interesting. It will only take two minutes of your time, or if a graduate of a public school, perhaps ten at most.

Walter Williams: Black Self-Sabotage

View attachment 268537

Okay, but are the results from slavery, parenting, Jim Crow, or bad decision making?

Poverty is directly related to single-parent homes. Nobody owns that category more than blacks. Democrats for years have promoted single-parent homes sanctioned by the women's liberation movement.

Most elderly white people I know never got a thing from their parents. If our generation does, it won't be much and we will be the first generation to do so.

What I did in life has little to do with my parents outside of the fact I was raised in a two parent household and my father taught me how to work. My mother taught me respect and responsibility, and this unique design by God that liberals mock are why I"m who I am today---not by race.

Of course as a white man, you might not take my word for it. But here is a very well researched article from Professor Walter E Williams. As a successful black man, Professor Williams does unchallenged research you might find interesting. It will only take two minutes of your time, or if a graduate of a public school, perhaps ten at most.

Walter Williams: Black Self-Sabotage
I just showed you a study that has thousands of subjects studied and catalogued. Everything you mentioned was adjusted for in the data - Single parenting including. Still was a huge gap in success. You told me another anecdote of some dudes success and listed age old talking points in a lecture. There is an institutional bias that is undeniable.

Once you get it through your head that there are outliers of success and failure everywhere that you can use as an anecdotes and start looking at expected results in mass you’ll understand that institutional bias has negatively impacted black males in particular. If you don’t care and just want people to fix it themselves one at a time as outliers then just say so. I have a very successful black male that works with me. That doesn’t invalidate reams of data on what is happening to most.

View attachment 268537

I can't read the article because I used up my three free issues at the beginning of the year. But it is the extremely biased NYT, so that says it all right there.

Next time you go to the library, I want you to ask the librarian where they keep the books on successful excuse makers. She will probably tell you there are none, because people who constantly rely on excuses are all failures. There are no successful ones.

That being said, the Democrat party has conditioned black people to do just that: rely on excuses for their plight. My point about having two parents while growing up is that their relationship is what guided me into adulthood. This relationship is available to any couple regardless of race or even what country you live. So when it comes to blacks, it was the choice of their parents that may have caused their problems more than Jim Crow. Whites also are raised in single-parent homes, but not nearly as much as blacks. Whites didn't invent the term Baby Daddy.

And if you bothered to read Dr. William's article, you'd see that most black children back then were raised in a two-parent household generations ago. So whatever the Times wrote, it's wrong, because each individual is responsible for their future, not what happened to their grandparents or great grandparents.

View attachment 268537

I can't read the article because I used up my three free issues at the beginning of the year. But it is the extremely biased NYT, so that says it all right there.

Next time you go to the library, I want you to ask the librarian where they keep the books on successful excuse makers. She will probably tell you there are none, because people who constantly rely on excuses are all failures. There are no successful ones.

That being said, the Democrat party has conditioned black people to do just that: rely on excuses for their plight. My point about having two parents while growing up is that their relationship is what guided me into adulthood. This relationship is available to any couple regardless of race or even what country you live. So when it comes to blacks, it was the choice of their parents that may have caused their problems more than Jim Crow. Whites also are raised in single-parent homes, but not nearly as much as blacks. Whites didn't invent the term Baby Daddy.

And if you bothered to read Dr. William's article, you'd see that most black children back then were raised in a two-parent household generations ago. So whatever the Times wrote, it's wrong, because each individual is responsible for their future, not what happened to their grandparents or great grandparents.
Open a browser in “incognito” mode in Chrome and it won’t recognize that you’ve been there. I actually subscribe because I support the free press. I don’t go to libraries so I can’t fulfill your request to talk to a librarian.

Your talking points have all been disproven. If you adjust for the crap you are talking about the gap in success is massive. It’s not desire or effort. It’s opportunity. Period.

View attachment 268537

Open a browser in “incognito” mode in Chrome and it won’t recognize that you’ve been there. I actually subscribe because I support the free press. I don’t go to libraries so I can’t fulfill your request to talk to a librarian.

Your talking points have all been disproven. If you adjust for the crap you are talking about the gap in success is massive. It’s not desire or effort. It’s opportunity. Period.

Yes it is about opportunity, and nearly everybody in this country has such opportunity.

However that opportunity door gets very narrow if you drop out of school, have kids before you do that or right after, and live the rest of your life check to check.

In order to share in that success, you need to make a lot of sacrifices like many of the successful people have. It may mean working two jobs and/or seven days a week. It definitely means not starting a family which will cost you half of your life of earnings. It means not having the newest iPhone or car. It means using your money to create more money such as investments in the stock market, advanced education, the commodities market, real estate, opening up or buying your own business.

I live in a black area. I know what these people spend their money on. I've seen them at the lottery machine in my beverage store blowing $150.00 on lottery tickets. I've seen them in the drive thru at McDonald's with their 200 dollar car, and trying to hand money for a family meal over the door because the car window is broken and they won't spend the money to fix it. I see my HUD neighbors throwing parties for a dozen people with alcohol and a cookout.

Of course there will be a wealth gap when you have things like that going on in your life.

1000x-1-1.jpg

They seem centered on the elite – themselves of course – to run things for all the schulbs feeding at the government trough.

Listening to 20 presidential candidates across two nights of debates left one with the clear and distinct impression that this is not the Democrat Party our grandfathers and fathers knew about. These are not defenders of America’s working or middle class. They are certainly not defenders of America’s borders and laws. They are not even defenders of the American economic system.

Despite record homeless populations in our major cities and veterans crying out for help, all 10 presidential candidates during the Thursday night debate announced their support, when asked about it, for providing taxpayer-funded health care benefits to illegal immigrants.

They also promoted tax increases on working families, government programs as far as the eye can see, and more government intervention in our health care. Some candidates even proclaimed the belief that the government should outlaw private insurance companies.

And so much more @ The Left, Unlike President Donald Trump, Has Forgotten About America’s Working Class – True Pundit

Meanwhile back in reality the blob passed massive tax cuts for millionaires and stuck the working class with the bill.

1000x-1-1.jpg

They seem centered on the elite – themselves of course – to run things for all the schulbs feeding at the government trough.

Listening to 20 presidential candidates across two nights of debates left one with the clear and distinct impression that this is not the Democrat Party our grandfathers and fathers knew about. These are not defenders of America’s working or middle class. They are certainly not defenders of America’s borders and laws. They are not even defenders of the American economic system.

Despite record homeless populations in our major cities and veterans crying out for help, all 10 presidential candidates during the Thursday night debate announced their support, when asked about it, for providing taxpayer-funded health care benefits to illegal immigrants.

They also promoted tax increases on working families, government programs as far as the eye can see, and more government intervention in our health care. Some candidates even proclaimed the belief that the government should outlaw private insurance companies.

And so much more @ The Left, Unlike President Donald Trump, Has Forgotten About America’s Working Class – True Pundit

Meanwhile back in reality the blob passed massive tax cuts for millionaires and stuck the working class with the bill.

Really? Can't wait to tell my parents I'm a millionaire and didn't even know it until you came along.

Helping the American worker doesn't fit the Democratic strategy of keeping Americans poor and pissed off. Democrats are totally against upward mobility and the American dream. That's why Trump is our President and will continue to lead us through 2024

Helping the American worker doesn't fit the Democratic strategy of keeping Americans poor and pissed off. Democrats are totally against upward mobility and the American dream. That's why Trump is our President and will continue to lead us through 2024

In reality nobody can make you poor and nobody can make you rich. In this great country of ours, that's left up to the individual. It's one of the many reasons everybody is trying to get here. However you are correct in one way which is Democrats encourage failure.

The Democrat theory is a successful country happens when you penalize success and reward failure. The Republicans believe in just the opposite. Democrats believe a happy populous is when government takes care of all your problems--especially financial ones. Republicans believe a happy society is one where you get to determine your own destiny.

No one is stuck with "the bill" for allowing working Americans to keep more of THEIR money and tens of millions of us are doing better either directly or indirectly thanks to the tax cuts. What this country, our kids, and their kids desperately need are WashDC spending cuts, debt repayment, and far less big, slimy central gov't meddling in states' affairs and our lives.

Big, fat, greasy gov't is not the solution to all things and is often the problem. What works for New Hampshire may not work for New Mexico.

No one is stuck with "the bill" for allowing working Americans to keep more of THEIR money and tens of millions of us are doing better either directly or indirectly thanks to the tax cuts. What this country, our kids, and their kids desperately need are WashDC spending cuts, debt repayment, and far less big, slimy central gov't meddling in states' affairs and our lives.

Big, fat, greasy gov't is not the solution to all things and is often the problem. What works for New Hampshire may not work for New Mexico.

Many on the left love to spend money because it's not theirs. So they vote for the Democrat that promises to do just that.

They wouldn't be thinking so Socialist like if they were the ones who had to pay for what the Democrat politicians spend. I say a ten cents on the dollar consumption tax. It will go strictly to repay our national debt. If we continue wanting to spend more money than we have, we keep increasing that consumption tax, and maybe then the Democrat voters will think twice about free college, free healthcare, free paid time off and so on.

American laborers are THE hardest working, most productive workers in the world. One would think they are getting paid 5x their wage considering what they do and what they produce compared to what they make.

Daddy bush didn't seem to think so when he signed the H1B visa into law.

To help American Workers, the worker visa program should be eliminated or at the least de-incentivized by making visa holders pay as not deductible.

1000x-1-1.jpg

Really? Can't wait to tell my parents I'm a millionaire and didn't even know it until you came along.

How do you like tRump fucking-over millions of truck drivers?

Forum List

Back