The LEFT Gets Uncivil Again

Feb 18, 2011
Santorum links race, abortion
Draws parallels between black slaves and unborn fetuses
Friday, January 21, 2011
By Daniel Malloy, Post-Gazette Washington Bureau

WASHINGTON -- Combining the delicate topics of race and abortion in one explosive comment, Rick Santorum enjoyed a spurt of attention Thursday for his potential long-shot Republican presidential run.

In a lengthy interview with conservative CNS News, the former senator from Pennsylvania criticized President Barack Obama for his position that a fetus doesn't have the same rights as a person -- and used the first African-American president's race to make a point about it.

Read more: Santorum links race, abortion

"The question is, and this is what Barack Obama didn't want to answer, is that human life a person under the Constitution?" Mr. Santorum said.

"And Barack Obama says no. Well, if that human life is not a person, then I find it almost remarkable for a black man to say, 'Now we are going to decide who are people and who are not people.' "

Read more: Santorum links race, abortion

So the LEFT gets uncivil again;
Nancy Keenan, president of NARAL Pro-Choice America, in a statement called the comments "offensive and outrageous."

The left gets offended whenever a Conservative has an opinion.
Sherrilyn Ifill Professor of Law, U. Md. :

I hardly think that Sen. Rick Santorum – the man who suggested that penalties should be imposed on residents who didn’t leave New Orleans before Hurricane Katrina struck – can surprise anyone with an addition to his by now mile-long parade of insulting and offensive statements. This one is just the latest.

Santorum right on abortion comments? - The Arena | POLITICO.COM

Christine Pelosi Attorney, author and Democratic activist :

As a woman, I find it almost remarkable that Rick Santorum can publicly intrude on a woman's private decision to exercise reproductive freedom.

As an American, I find it offensive that Santorum engaged in racial profiling and believe he should apologize. As I just posted in explaining the double digit generation gap favoring Democrats, young people are tired of being divided along race, immigration and sexual orientation and will consider Santorum's racial profiling unbecoming of a national figure.

Santorum right on abortion comments? - The Arena | POLITICO.COM

Isn't that what Obama has been doing ?
Dividing people along race, immigration, sexual orientation, and economic lines. ?

Forum List

Back